Updates to RTV

I've just emailed them again this morning looking for an update. I don't mind reregistering/subscribing if required provided it is at the previous rate. If they force me to go on the new rate then I sure as hell won't be out of principle as this whole migration has been pretty poorly thought out / implemented.

I've just emailed them again this morning looking for an update. I don't mind reregistering/subscribing if required provided it is at the previous rate. If they force me to go on the new rate then I sure as hell won't be out of principle as this whole migration has been pretty poorly thought out / implemented.
I had to register again and got charged at new price. Old price subscription charge came out the bank today so I've sent off an email. Do you get any sort of generic "we will reply as soon as possible" automatic reply or do you just sit and wait now? I was expecting a generic reply but nothing came

I much prefer this to BT. The club get my money rather than people who hate us.
Little point even trying to compare RTV with Sky and BT, other than Tom's commentary which I think is brilliant, its like a school jannie being put in charge of the physics class. 'Amateur hour' doesnt even begin to describe RTV. Beset with problems all over the place.

Had to sign up again as it didn’t recognise me. No hardship. I’m really considering a subscription the content has been top notch lately.

Everyone seems to be casting their phone to the TV or streaming on their laptop/PC.

Has anyone had any experience with the Apple Lightning to HDMI adaptor? I occasionally used this on my old TV to stream YouTube, etc. before I got a Smart TV. Just wondered if it worked with RTV. I know that Sky have a block on using the adaptor to stream Sky Go app to the TV.

I’m going to miss a few of the next home games, so I’ve taken out the unlimited package again. Had a wee play about with the new site and there is some buffering, which doesn’t bode well for watching live games.
Has anybody tried switching off their VPN once the stream starts playing during a live match?

If you are getting buffering just watching the highlights or video interviews - when you don't have your VPN on I assume - then it suggests to me that there are issues at your end. Whether that be broadband speed, background apps or simply others using your bandwidth I don't know but your videos (as opposed to live streams) should be playing flawlessly.

Will need to re sub which is an absolute pain in the arse.
Yep I had to resubscribe again. All good now

As posted earlier, be careful you don't end up having two subscriptions taken out every month., There's every chance your old one has been transferred across and the issue is only with your email being unrecognised.

I'd urge caution to anyone thinking of simply taking out a new sub as a 'quick fix' - especially if you are on the rolling £17.25 a month package. If you're paying it twice its gonna hurt.

A way of logging in on a tv would be great. I can’t put in my login / password on my tv.

...had the same issue on my LG 4K using the remote. Bought a mini keyboard with usb plug in that did the trick. However, TV browser would reboot the stream ocassionally during the game :mad:, it could not process the volume of stream data coming down the pipe, no guts, so had to go back to laptop & HDMI cable.
Firestick using Silk browser to RTV has worked well for me on the LG too though ;)

rangerstvsupport@streamamg.com

But don't expect a quick response.

I've been sending them e-mails since Saturday. Nothing back.

Using the word 'support' could get them done under the Trades Descriptions Act.

... maybe the issue is with WorldPay 'dragging their feet' since they are the ones being dropped & have to issue the cancellation notices. I'm waiting on mine before next payment is due on the Feb5.
RTV took 3 mins to get back to me Friday on a question ;)

Little point even trying to compare RTV with Sky and BT, other than Tom's commentary which I think is brilliant, its like a school jannie being put in charge of the physics class. 'Amateur hour' doesnt even begin to describe RTV. Beset with problems all over the place.

... not exactly Apple's to Apple's though, is it :oops::rolleyes:

I’ve just had email from World Pay saying that agreement has been cancelled but nothing from the club itself, anyone else....?

I've not had the email from WorldPay yet - but my subscription doesn't renew until 13 Feb so I'm not expecting it yet.

What you've had seems to be the way its going. Just make sure you can login to your RangersTV account. Under your subscription type it should mention 'Legacy' somewhere - at least for now. Keep an eye out for the payment to the new provider coming out when its due.

I've not had the email from WorldPay yet - but my subscription doesn't renew until 13 Feb so I'm not expecting it yet.

What you've had seems to be the way its going. Just make sure you can login to your RangersTV account. Under your subscription type it should mention 'Legacy' somewhere - at least for now. Keep an eye out for the payment to the new provider coming out when its due.

Cheers

There is 3 games coming up soon that i cannot attend and will have to watch on RTV

I was going to take out the subscription again.

Glad to hear that its been updated as it was a bit laggy for me before

Just wish we could update the web site as well, poor for a team of our stature

Is the 17.25 monthly package still available. I was on that package for the last few years . I do not see it on the website. Also having problems setting up new account.

Is the 17.25 monthly package still available. I was on that package for the last few years . I do not see it on the website. Also having problems setting up new account.

You only see the overseas packages (and the live games) now when you login with your VPN switched on to show you as overseas. The price for new subscribers for the Unlimited package is now £24 per month rather than £17.25.

My card rejected the payment thinking it was fraud. I dont seem to be cancelled though so I readded my details hoping it prompts them to try again before tomorrow night!

Aye just got that email from WorldPay cancelling the payment. No idea if I now need to resubscribe or it will be done for me??

The initial email suggested payments would continue as normal with the new provider.

Then again, the initial email said we’d receive another email with further instructions.:rolleyes:

Can we still buy the games on a per game basis without a subscription like we always have done?

I just tried to login and ended up registering again with the same details as before. When I tried to buy the game tomorrow and click on "video" nothing happens. Can't see how to buy it.

Radio silence from them today. An absolute shambles! I've still got 6 months of the annual unlimited subscription to run - there's no way I'm paying again.

Work away and watch most games on RTV. I've never had a problem with the service other than a bit of buffering pre match occasionally. The mobile app will be a nice addition though

I couldn’t login to my account last night then when I reset password the email link didn’t work. Today got an email from worldpay saying my sub had been cancelled. Will just leave now till I hear back from Rangers

You only see the overseas packages (and the live games) now when you login with your VPN switched on to show you as overseas. The price for new subscribers for the Unlimited package is now £24 per month rather than £17.25.
Thanks for the info, I will try and sign up for the $24.00 one tonight when I get home.

Anyone know if the £5 sub (now £6) the same deal as before - full match available 3 hours after it finished if you're abroad?

As posted earlier, be careful you don't end up having two subscriptions taken out every month., There's every chance your old one has been transferred across and the issue is only with your email being unrecognised.

I'd urge caution to anyone thinking of simply taking out a new sub as a 'quick fix' - especially if you are on the rolling £17.25 a month package. If you're paying it twice its gonna hurt.

I got an email before the game on Friday saying my subscription had been cancelled by Rangers but everything seems to be ok and money went out yesterday for next months subs. Take it I’m ok VB and it’s just been a generic email?

I got an email before the game on Friday saying my subscription had been cancelled by Rangers but everything seems to be ok and money went out yesterday for next months subs. Take it I’m ok VB and it’s just been a generic email?

As I understand it all subscribers will get an email from WorldPay stating that their monthly subscription has been cancelled by Rangers. Given they are currently coming in dribs and drabs I guess the email will come as it gets closer to your subscription payment date. Your rolling subscription ‘should’ continue as normal with the new provider. Worth monitoring for the first couple of months though I’d say.

If you login to your RangersTV account it should show details of your subscription there and it will almost certainly include the word ‘legacy’ in there somewhere.

Has the service improved (I.e. the live stream)? Does anyone know if this is the case?

I would like to think it has if they’re charging £24 for the monthly sub but can’t get the info from the the thread.

I got good service from support trying to get my subscription set to the correct overseas annual one that it should have been.
In the end , I got about 6 weeks added to my end-date.

As I understand it all subscribers will get an email from WorldPay stating that their monthly subscription has been cancelled by Rangers. Given they are currently coming in dribs and drabs I guess the email will come as it gets closer to your subscription payment date. Your rolling subscription ‘should’ continue as normal with the new provider. Worth monitoring for the first couple of months though I’d say.

If you login to your RangersTV account it should show details of your subscription there and it will almost certainly include the word ‘legacy’ in there somewhere.

Thanks mate will keep an eye on it. All it says is that I’m still on full package running from yest until the 20th Feb when next payment will be due. Strange that they didn’t just transfer everyone over as they may lose some subscribers.

Has the service improved (I.e. the live stream)? Does anyone know if this is the case?

I would like to think it has if they’re charging £24 for the monthly sub but can’t get the info from the the thread.

Improved in what way? I very rarely have any major issues. Broadband speeds, a decent VPN (if needed), no background apps running and not having 10 other devices in the house ‘stealing’ your bandwidth make a huge difference.

Back