Upgrade to the forum - now scheduled for Wednesday, 16th January

Well, that fcuking green smiley is gone! :D

So are a fair number of my likes, which is weird if not important...

The good lord giveth, FF taketh. :p

Usernames lost when moving boards, now another change and it's likes this time likes that are gone.

The only guarantee now with FF is that it will take from you, 1 way or another.

It sure don't look after it's clientele, if it was a shop, you would double check your change on leaving.

Those of you who don't have an avatar, now have a coloured box with a capital letter signifying the 1st letter of your username.

Those whose names begin with S, have a lovely green box.

The good lord giveth, FF taketh. :p

Usernames lost when moving boards, now another change and it's likes this time likes that are gone.

The only guarantee now with FF is that it will take from you, 1 way or another.

It sure don't look after it's clientele, if it was a shop, you would double check your change on leaving.

First World problems. You'll live.

If the table wasnt at the side it would be a massive improvement.

If we were at the top it would probably be more acceptable too.

Yes. The table at the side squeezes the rest of the page making threads harder to read and wastes space when you scroll down past it. I do like the new design though - much cleaner.

Not as easy to get back onto the bear pit after clicking on a thread now.

Unless I’m missing something.

Edit: found it.

I've lost a few hundred 'likes' but that's neither here nor there in all honesty. Matters not a jot.

I'm more concerned that the ability to Edit your post apparently disappears after 15 minutes or after you make your next post. Seems kinda ludicrous to me.

Forum layout is fine for me on Desktop and on iPhone. Poor on iPad, with the league table and adverts taking up too much space on the right hand side of the screen. The loss of the Edit function is more frustrating - especially if you have fat fingers like me and subsequently want to 'fix' all those typos you missed on first review.

Another one...

On Desktop and iPad the ability to jump to a specific page of a thread is at the top and the bottom of the thread. On the iPhone it's only at the bottom of the thread. It would be 'better' if things were standardised across all formats.

Picture test

images

Duty of care to customers Mark?

Criticism is correct here.

New board, start again.

Move servers, lose likes.

It takes and takes.

George Goudie has lost 2,000 likes for no reason, me over a 1,000.

Nothing is sacred or safe here as has been explained.
Agreed.

To be honest, for me, it doesn't feel like much of an "upgrade" at all.

Good

New board, start again.

It takes and takes.

Good grief. Never noticed that - who do we complain to. ;) I demand a refund - 50 pence for each like lost for you and I.

Does anyone else thing that GS has had his Server in the basement sabotaged by a neglected pussy? (and i don't mean attractive Swedish tourists chained to radiators).

318759_10150985940843564_736329_n.jpg

Last edited:

New board, start again.

It takes and takes.

And I thought I was bad losing 150 likes :oops:

Is there a league table of FF users “likes” totals? Big prize and the end of the season to the winner? Who gives a shyt how many likes they have?

Upgrade to the forum - Tuesday the 15th of January

We'll be migrating to the new version of Xenforo sometime that day - could take an hour - could be longer depending on what the boffins find.

Meanwhile - you can register for our back-up forum - http://followfollow.proboards.com - some fond memories on there! :D
Got to say Admin I like the new software.
I can read everything now without enlarging it. Just need to work the uploading on bbcode and I'm in. Smashing

Is there a league table of FF users “likes” totals? Big prize and the end of the season to the winner? Who gives a shyt how many likes they have?

I couldn't care less about likes tbh, but the layout and some of the features are absolutely horrendous. Much worse than before

New board, start again.

It takes and takes.

You're getting hysterical. "Duty of care." Give over. It's a forum upgrade.

People have lost likes. That's a little bit precious.

I can't quite work out whether your last is referring to the content of posts, security of data, or both. However, the tone reeks of superciliousness.

If you find the changes so upsetting it might be best that you consider taking a break from the forum.

Where's the "likes you've received" button? There was one on the old board? Apart from you still needing a degree to post pictures I don't really see much difference.

Can anyone who thinks they’re missing likes please send a PM to @SM™

If he can’t reinstall your missing likes, you’ll automatically be awarded the choice of having 1690, 1872, or 1972 likes added to your account.

We understand how important likes are to people, and we’re doing everything in our power to rectify this situation as a matter of urgency.

Thanks, y’all.

Can anyone who thinks they’re missing likes please send a PM to @SM™

If he can’t reinstall your missing likes, you’ll automatically be awarded the choice of having 1690, 1872, or 1972 likes added to your account.

We understand how important likes are to people, and we’re doing everything in our power to rectify this situation as a matter of urgency.

Thanks, y’all.
Or if folk are really precious over likes, then hover over users' avatar and you'll see the like count. :)

On a mobile you need to scroll all the way to the top of the thread to get the option to go back to the bear pitt.

Would be good if forum choice was on the blue bar at the top where your notifications are.
Hi gs on my I phone I had to scroll up on old board.

You're getting hysterical. "Duty of care." Give over. It's a forum upgrade.

People have lost likes. That's a little bit precious.

I can't quite work out whether your last is referring to the content of posts, security of data, or both. However, the tone reeks of superciliousness.

If you find the changes so upsetting it might be best that you consider taking a break from the forum.

No hysteria Mark, why use words not reflective of my post?

FF is not above criticism, accept that not all of us are happy as that is clearly the case.

Hope this hasn't upset your sensitivities, seems you're taking it personally.

If FF were a shop, you would bust it with the way you treat your customers, your post above a prime example.

If I go the way of Moodyblue, Robandmundt etc so be it.

Soon, there will only be yahoos left on here.

Back