Upgrade to the forum - now scheduled for Wednesday, 16th January

I will be honest and say i prefered the previous layout, the main screen with all the threads seem to be too big and would be good if they are smaller so you can see more topics at 1st glance.
Previous layout was a lot better to navigate on mobile.

I hope admin are looking to make a few tweaks. If this is the final version then it's definitely a change for the worse.

I've grown to quite like it - at least on desktop and with an adblocker.

Not sure I'm 'warming' to it on mobile though. Certainly could do with some refinements there, to help page navigation especially. Strange to find that in an age where more and more focus is going on making stuff more readily 'mobile friendly'.

On desktop though, I think its good.:eek:

How do you return to the main page from the last post in a thread without scrolling back up to the top? Using my mobile.

Anyway I can make the ads on 1/3 of the page disappear?

jomcacbe; On my laptop I run Chrome & added uBlock Origin from extensions,
that blocks all the Ads. Then Zoom page size to the 175% position
to have Full Screen.:)) ( from board pre Sept.17)

Qualification-: When logging in now there is a stupid funcikg page that you have
to click for your ad preferences, it should have another green box
with "DO NOT ASK AGAIN", prob only gets thro' cause it needs to
ask permission. Who the feck wants ads???:(

Definitely preferred the old look. The most obvious change is that quoted posts don't stand out so prominently as before - too much of a muchness when scrolling down a page. Looks more like a downgrade in terms of sharp, stand out, eyecatching readability within a thread, though the opposite is the case when looking at a thread list - very prominent and easy to read.

I can only use my mobile now to access. Laptops with multiple browsers don't work - no pictures show up and no option to reply to any threads.

Howcome you cant just copy and paste an image or giphy directly into the text space anymore ? from a pc i used to always be able to do that

Don't mind the look or layout too much, but this point is indeed a pain in the tits. Used to be able to copy and paste really easily using a mac but now its fucking TinyPics central.

Anyone know if the mobile version is being looked at?

Its fine on desktop and if an iphone had the ability to change to desktop version i would do that but there is no option with an iphone and we are now stuck with a really really poor version of FF.

Is there any way to get rid of the username bar being permanently at the top of the page?

Still can't reply on Brave browser on my mobile. On Chrome and it's mince. Too many ads.
Mobile version is not doing it for me. And i normally post from my mobile more often than not. Och well.

And here's how FF looks on the iPhone.

Once I hit on the thread title it took me to the top of page 1, I then had to scroll all the way to the bottom of the page and hit the last page arrow which took be to the top of the current page. I then had to scroll down to post, if I want to go back to the forum main page or another forum I need to scroll all the way back up again :(

upload pictures online

No issues with page numbers showing on my Android phone:

received-368462783933853.jpg

Can admin please confirm.if someone is looking into the issues with the mobile view.

Those with Android can chat ge to desktop view and there is no problems.

Everyone with an iPhone / iPad is stuck with a non user friendly interface.

IE. No page numbers under threads, long scrolls to get up to forum navigation, long scrolls to get down to thread navigation etc.

My brother cant post or reply at all on his ipad, anyone else having the same issue ?

My brother cant post or reply at all on his ipad, anyone else having the same issue ?

Works fine for me on iPad mate. No issues at all. I did install AdblockPlus right enough, just on default settings.

I recall someone saying older iPads were struggling though.

Back