US Bears - TV Updates

kensington blue nose

Thought it might be good to have a dedicated thread to show US Bears how we can watch the games over here (for those without RTV) and we can update this thread for each game.

I’ve checked the usual places… Paramount+, CBS Sports Network and ESPN and it doesn’t look like we’re on any for the Kilmarnock game.

I pay game by game on RTV when we’re not on the other channels…

Have I missed our game anywhere?

EDIT - todays qualifier seems to only be on RTV for US Bears.

EDIT - todays game against PSV is on Paramount + for those that have it.

EDIT - Hibs game on Saturday morning at 7.25 (eastern) on paramount plus

EDIT - Tomorrows game v QOTS is on Paramount +. Coverage starts at 14:40.

EDIT - Tomorrows game v them is on CBS Sports Nerwork. Coverage starts at 7:30 Eastern.

Last edited:
I think it’s fair to say that 99.9% of the time (maybe even 100% but always leave the door open!) if the game is not being shown on Sky then it’s not on TV in the USA.

3pm Saturday games will never be on Sky. So quite confident in saying this game is not on TV.

Curious, how many games did you pay 9.99 for last season? I’d imagine you are quite close to breaking even on getting an annual sub to RangersTV. Plus you would also get the excellent Inside Ibrox and Away Days footage.
I’m not 100% sure but it would have been about half of the 3pm home games I’d imagine. So maybe 9 or 10.
I don’t want this thread to get into an argument about being staunch enough to buy RTV for the season.

Another one to watch out for is that our game on Tuesday isn’t listed on the Paramount+ schedule. Four Champions League qualifiers listed, but not ours.

Edit - hang on a second paramount+ on my phone howd it yake me so long to work that out.

Last edited:
Another one to watch out for is that our game on Tuesday isn’t listed on the Paramount+ schedule. Four Champions League qualifiers listed, but not ours.

Will be on RTV then, where the commentary is better. Or at least I think it is!

I’m not 100% sure but it would have been about half of the 3pm home games I’d imagine. So maybe 9 or 10.
I don’t want this thread to get into an argument about being staunch enough to buy RTV for the season.

Nothing to do with staunchness,, but RTV is good value, plus you can watch the games delayed, highlights and B team matches, youth games etc.

If you're buying a couple a month, it's probably worth paying a bit more for the full subscription. Money straight to the club too, our 'season ticket'.

This is my first year not living near an RSC (unless the East Tennessee club is super secret lol) My understanding is Paramount has all European games, ESPN may have the occasional Old Firm and Scottish Cup. Where else are Rangers fans in the USA finding games against the likes of Killie and St Johnstone without RTV/their local RSC?

At any rate, I subbed to RTV last week and used a VPN to access it for Tuesday's game.

This is my first year not living near an RSC (unless the East Tennessee club is super secret lol) My understanding is Paramount has all European games, ESPN may have the occasional Old Firm and Scottish Cup. Where else are Rangers fans in the USA finding games against the likes of Killie and St Johnstone without RTV/their local RSC?

At any rate, I subbed to RTV last week and used a VPN to access it for Tuesday's game.

If you’re in the USA, why are you using a VPN to access Tuesdays game?

When I subbed to RTV, I remember reading somewhere that RTV is blocked in the UK, USA, and a few other places for European games, but accessible from anywhere else.

European Qualifiers are shown on RTV so you wouldn’t have needed the VPN.

When it gets to the group stages it reverts back to whoever has the local tv broadcasting deal for each country. RTV doesn’t show them live VPN or not. I believe this also applies for the PSV/Monaco tie should we get through.

European Qualifiers are shown on RTV so you wouldn’t have needed the VPN.

When it gets to the group stages it reverts back to whoever has the local tv broadcasting deal for each country. RTV doesn’t show them live VPN or not. I believe this also applies for the PSV/Monaco tie should we get through.

That makes more sense. Cheers. It's hard to keep up!

To all the US bears, is there anywhere in Chicago to watch the Old firm game on 3 September as Me and my son will be there? Thanks for any advice, cheers

Thought it might be good to have a dedicated thread to show US Bears how we can watch the games over here (for those without RTV) and we can update this thread for each game.

I’ve checked the usual places… Paramount+, CBS Sports Network and ESPN and it doesn’t look like we’re on any for the Kilmarnock game.

I pay game by game on RTV when we’re not on the other channels…

Have I missed our game anywhere?
Why would anyone want to avoid buying RTV? It’s kind of like your Season Ticket as a supporter who lives abroad

I think it’s fair to say that 99.9% of the time (maybe even 100% but always leave the door open!) if the game is not being shown on Sky then it’s not on TV in the USA.

3pm Saturday games will never be on Sky. So quite confident in saying this game is not on TV.
You are right game is not on here but Hearts v Hibs is on Paramount

I used Paramount+ for the Euro games last season. The commentary was woeful but the service was good. You can usually find promo codes for Paramount floating around the internet. I think I was on about $2 a month.

For SPFL, there is no reliable service. Paramount seems to be more Scottish League football with them showing Scottish Championship games some weeks. I think last season there was one Rangers vs Sellic game on Paramount. Tomorrow is the Edinburgh derby.

B/R Live was decent about 2-3 seasons ago but they lost or never took took up the rights again.

Until Scottish football is marketed on a better level we're stuck with Paramount+ and an RTV subscription in the USA. The main gripe I have with RTV is the replay interface on iPad is horrible and replay quality looks like it's being drawn live with a crayon.

Here's a link to where the Scottish League is broadcast. You can obviously do things like VPN and subscribe to some Latvian or Hong Kong service but then it defeats the purpose of just have a stable, regular service.

RTV costs me about $42 CAD every month but it's worth every penny. Great content. Never have to worry about missing a match as I can watch the replay any time. Definitely worth looking into if you're paying $9.99 per match.

Also, a quick shout out to the Heart & Hand Patreon. It's incredible, too much content to keep up with.

Between these two I can basically live and breathe Rangers 24/7 if want to.

When I subbed to RTV, I remember reading somewhere that RTV is blocked in the UK, USA, and a few other places for European games, but accessible from anywhere else.
I live in NC. Don't need a VPN to access RTV if living in the US. I recall that folks in the UK would access RTV via a VPN because certain matches were blocked to those in the UK.

I live in NC. Don't need a VPN to access RTV if living in the US. I recall that folks in the UK would access RTV via a VPN because certain matches were blocked to those in the UK.
I think he was just meaning the first leg on Tuesday. It was advertised as blacked out in the US because it was on Paramount as well. But the blackout never actually happened as far as I know.

Curious, how many games did you pay 9.99 for last season? I’d imagine you are quite close to breaking even on getting an annual sub to RangersTV. Plus you would also get the excellent Inside Ibrox and Away Days footage.
I subscribed match-by-match last season, watched almost every game. I had a look recently to tally up how much I'd spent and it came out at only around $50 less than the cost of a full year subscription. I've not gone in on the full year sub yet, but I'm thinking with the extras they seem to be adding and the B team and women's games too it's well worth it. I'll also not miss the mad rush to re-subscribe at 5:50am for the noon kickoffs.

To all the US bears, is there anywhere in Chicago to watch the Old firm game on 3 September as Me and my son will be there? Thanks for any advice, cheers

I've never been to Chicago, but I met some of the Chicago RSC in Seville and then in Vegas at NARSA. Good bunch of guys, you should be more than welcome to join them.

NARSA's club directory. If in doubt, many clubs have social media pages or email addresses you can use to communicate with them.

Depresses me a little that I moved from a city that had two RSCs to one that has none anywhere near me.

WTF is this pish?? I've disabled adblock, tried logging out/back in, still gubbed

YYjJRwF.png

Sitting in an empty bar watching the game on paramount+ on my phone best of both worlds.

Back