US indictment published tonight says in black and white FIFA execs were paid bribes to vote for Russia and Qatar World Cups.

...and if anyone is naive enough to think that corruption is only at the very top level of football (ie. FIFA or the World Cup) then they’re extremely delusional.

Football is corrupt to the core and absolutely no one cares about us as fans, and no one actually cares about sporting integrity. Any decision taken is all for personal gain; financially or otherwise.

See Scotland 2012

Fat cats taking bribes never but nothing will happen the more money you have the more you get away with look at the wee fcuker Bernie Ecclestone accused of bribery in Germany and does he go to trial no gives them £100 million to settle a bribery charge
Would the odd bit of punctuation kill you?

Tough to decipher what you are saying.

Rotten to the core
EH6zl8C.gif

Every national association that meekly participates in qualifiers for this sham will be just as guilty.

...and if anyone is naive enough to think that corruption is only at the very top level of football (ie. FIFA or the World Cup) then they’re extremely delusional.

Football is corrupt to the core and absolutely no one cares about us as fans, and no one actually cares about sporting integrity. Any decision taken is all for personal gain; financially or otherwise.

That is a very valid point. Would be interesting to see if corruption was rife all the way down to grassroots football? I think personally it’s most undoubtedly is.

Trump's mother is Scottish, while we were under attack from 19th Century Terrorist combined forces our Captain was also Team USA Captain and a US citizen as is another of our players today. I think that warrants a couple of investigators, maybe a couple more to investigate sexual assaults on American soil, perpetrated by members of aforementioned 19th Century Terrorist forces.

Remember watching the draw for both of these tournaments 10 years ago and that was the conclusion I jumped to instantly. It seemed dodgy as all hell.

Agreed. Only confirms what everyone already knew. The whole Qatar thing was just blatant though. Theres no way in the interests of football should they have got it. It was obviously in the interests of a few bank balances, that decisions were made for it to go to there.
Your spot on. The heat made Qatar a total non starter. The fact they pushed it through might well have been the factor that brought greater scrutiny on them. They got too arrogant thinking they could act with impunity, but that one decision was so indefensible it exposed their corruption for the world to see.

Russia arguably deserved the tournament, if the criteria is football. Qatar is just a nonsense and obviously bribes were paid. I'm not sure how they thought such a decision wouldn't be scrutinised.
Russia arguably deserved the tournament, if the criteria is football. Qatar is just a nonsense and obviously bribes were paid. I'm not sure how they thought such a decision wouldn't be scrutinised.
[/QUOT

Nail on the head. It shows the absolute arrogance of FIFA to think there would not be questions asked about playing the tournament a) in a non-footballing country and b) in a country with such an oppressively hot and humid climate totally unsuitable for the game.

Started with de Havelange who took over FIFA with an empty biscuit tin. Then Sepp Blatter continued the corruption. There is a book about the corruption of de Havelange. It also mentions a mysterious person pulling de Havelange's strings in the background. He was never caught but the book suggests strongly that it was Sepp Blatter I think de Havelange did a prison sentence for corruption.

De Havelange was also involved with the IOC. Think it was the 92 olympics or something that he took a load of bribes from one of the bids, but I’m sure there were likely many others as well over the years.

One of the reasons I simply no longer care for it, as a sport. It’s bent.

They should get a fine the same amount as what they were paid, have their assets seized, and get a substantial jail sentence, the games should also be taken away from the country that bribed them.

A thoghourly dislikable person. When Trinidad qualified for the world cup he personally received all their tickets. They could only be purchased through his sons travel agency as part of a package. I was working in Trini at the time. I sincerely hope this prick gets time.

Ideally the whole family are jailed with punitive fines that can finally be passed onto the kids in Trini.

Fat cats taking bribes never but nothing will happen the more money you have the more you get away with look at the wee fcuker Bernie Ecclestone accused of bribery in Germany and does he go to trial no gives them £100 million to settle a bribery charge
FA Chief Greg Dyke handed back the very expensive watch he was given by the Russians, 3 years later, he’d “forgotten” about it, and his memory only returned when Journos started asking about it.

A thoghourly dislikable person. When Trinidad qualified for the world cup he personally received all their tickets. They could only be purchased through his sons travel agency as part of a package. I was working in Trini at the time. I sincerely hope this prick gets time.
He also got huge amounts of money to build pitches throughout the Caribbean, he built one, in his hometown, the rest of the money disappeared.

FA Chief Greg Dyke handed back the very expensive watch he was given by the Russians, 3 years later, he’d “forgotten” about it, and his memory only returned when Journos started asking about it.
Probably told the Russians the watch was a nice sweetener for the deal but cash is king

As soon as Qatar got it the hole world thought fix.
I used to love football.
When FIFA awarded the WC to Qatar it just became another game for me.
If it was for Rangers it would be no more important to me than international table tennis.

Back