Us/Them/The rest

With Dart In Hand

Early days I know but looking at the league table you have to say it's been a shocking start for the so called challengers.
Livingston are 3rd on 5 points, Hearts who started last season strongly are propping up the table with Kilmarnock.
If they all carry on cutting each others throats there could be a record points difference to us & them.
A win on Sunday puts us clear with a very good run of games coming up.
There's a real opportunity on Sunday to put them under pressure for the next number of games.

I can't remember what bell end said it before the season started, probably some tit on BBC radio.
I can’t remember who it was either but they said we hadn’t exactly strengthened because none of our new signings were proven in the spl whilst Aberdeen had signed Curtis main !!!!!!!!!! Ffs:oops:

These so called professional pundit predictions are worthless, I learned that after the Cluj game at the piggery.

I can't remember what bell end said it before the season started, probably some tit on BBC radio.

Think it might have been Willie Miller, who actually thought Aberdeen had recruited well during the close season.

Think only a last minute goal at Dens last week, which saw them eventually win in extra time, has stopped Sheep fans from voicing some displeasure with way things have gone so far this season. Rumblings from up north that fans not pleased with (lack of) quality of new signings.

Just proves how bad Scottish football is out with us and them.
The stronger teams traditionally seem to have regressed ie Killie,sheep, Hertz.

3rd place could be anyone's as could be fighting relegation. In fact they may both be the same fight untill very late in the season.

There will be 25 points between third place and second place celtic by May.

Good point op. From what I've seen so far, the standard of the rest of the spl teams has dropped considerably even since last season. Although its early doors, all of the other top 6 teams from last season have gone backwards and had poor starts. Not particularly great for our leagues image and reputation tbh.

I think this is probably a slight disadvantage to us in all honesty. We all know that regardless of their lack of quality, most of the rest tend to either raise their games against us (purely by virtue of the fact they hate us) and / or park the bus and make it extremely hard to break them down. Whereas the scum always seem to get it a bit easier as other teams lack of general quality is more evident and they seem to accept their scuddings with minimal fight back.

No doubt about it, we're going to have to earn this league title the hard way if we're going to bring it home this year.

Good point op. From what I've seen so far, the standard of the rest of the spl teams has dropped considerably even since last season. Although its early doors, all of the other top 6 teams from last season have gone backwards and had poor starts. Not particularly great for our leagues image and reputation tbh.

I think this is probably a slight disadvantage to us in all honesty. We all know that regardless of their lack of quality, most of the rest tend to either raise their games against us (purely by virtue of the fact they hate us) and / or park the bus and make it extremely hard to break them down. Whereas the scum always seem to get it a bit easier as other teams lack of general quality is more evident and they seem to accept their scuddings with minimal fight back.

No doubt about it, we're going to have to earn this league title the hard way if we're going to bring it home this year.
Not sure I agree this is bad for us. Sheep, Hibs and Killie severely damaged us last season and their backtracking can only be a good thing. I do agree that it’s hard to see anyone taking points off them outwith us. I’d love a new manager at Pittodrie, one that didn’t shite his pants against them every meaningful game.

Hearts and Killie are in trouble this season big time.

Hearts have only won 3 out of the last 18 league games and don't have the money to sack dinosaur Levein. They need 7000+ fans making donations every month just to pay off the £3m they owe for stadium redevelopment and money they owe Budge on top of that. A relegation battle might just see income severely hit.

Killie were bottom of the league before Clarke took over and now he's gone they are right back there. Honestly can't Alessio lasting past Oct/Nov time at most.

I remember a few half wits predicting that last season but to be honest I cannot recall hearing a single person think anyone but us and them will occupy the top 2 spots this year.

You can see it’s now getting back to how it was pre 2012 where us and them will finish at least 20 points in front of 3rd.

Think it might have been Willie Miller, who actually thought Aberdeen had recruited well during the close season.

Think only a last minute goal at Dens last week, which saw them eventually win in extra time, has stopped Sheep fans from voicing some displeasure with way things have gone so far this season. Rumblings from up north that fans not pleased with (lack of) quality of new signings.

I’m sure it was Gerry McNee on talksport

The standard is appalling. Away from us and Gary Glitter FC the rest are basically League of Ireland.

Tbf killie have played both us and the sheep a difficult start to season for them albeit both games at home. Their loss to Hamilton on another day is a win they missed countless chances. They’ll be fine this season

Hearts are only strong with Naismith. Last season their form started to blip as soon as he got injured.
Though this season most of the top 6 have already played each other, so should balance out within the next few months

Early days I know but looking at the league table you have to say it's been a shocking start for the so called challengers.
Livingston are 3rd on 5 points, Hearts who started last season strongly are propping up the table with Kilmarnock.
If they all carry on cutting each others throats there could be a record points difference to us & them.
A win on Sunday puts us clear with a very good run of games coming up.
There's a real opportunity on Sunday to put them under pressure for the next number of games.

Just keep it going and nae Kant will catch us.

It needs 100% effort by our players over 90+ whatever minutes and no letting up.

Last season is a prime example.

Back