Us v Them (recruitment)

GF7

Bitton is their best defender then it’s Julien, Ajer and Duffy. But because of the outlay, Duffy will get in ahead of Bitton.

Christie and Forrest have never troubled us so they wouldn’t have made a difference today.

An in form Edouard would have been an issue but it looks like he’s chucked it anyway.
I think Duffy is easily their best defender but I said before the game they would be foolish to go three at the back as we would overload them. I am actually still a bit stunned at how woefully tactically inept it was.

Christie and Forrest do very little in games against us but they dig them out a hole regularly against everyone else.

Gramps1

Official Ticketer
For the first time that I can remember we had less players missing than they did. But before their media puppets start the inevitable “poor Celtic” campaign just remember all their hubris about squad depth.

Below is an estimate on player expenses for both starting 11’s and subs. If the media were doing their job properly then Lennon and Celtics recruitment policy would be getting a pasting.

Our recruitment has been excellent since Gerrard arrived.

McGregor 0 Barkas £5m

Tav £250k Frimpong £400k

Goldson £3m. Duffy £2m (loan)

Helander £3.5m. Ajer £540k

Barisic £1.5m. Welsh 0

Davis 0. Laxalt 0 (loan)

Arfield 0. Brown £4.5m

Kamara £50k. Ntcham £4.5m

Kent £7m. McGregor 0

Barker 0. Elyanousi 0 (loan)

Morelos £1m. Klimala £3.5m

Total £16.3m. Total £20.4m

Aribo 0. Ajeti £5m

Jack 0. Griffiths £1.13m

Itten £2.5m. Taylor £3m

Turnbull £3m

Rogic £420k

Total £2.5m. Total £12.55m
Imagine if we had another Kent instead of Barker ?????

Borna Bear

Official Ticketer
I think Duffy is easily their best defender but I said before the game they would be foolish to go three at the back as we would overload them. I am actually still a bit stunned at how woefully tactically inept it was.

Christie and Forrest do very little in games against us but they dig them out a hole regularly against everyone else.
No chance is Duffy a better defender than the others. He’s an absolute haddy. The novelty/love in will wear off after a while.

Their tactics shocked me as well. Couldn’t believe what I was watching at times.

Purpolaris

It's going to be even worse for them next season. The likes of Édouard, Ntcham, Christie and Ayer have 1.5 years left on their contracts come January. Outside of Christie I doubt any will renew their contract and make it harder to get a move, so they will all be off in the summer for a lot less than they hoped. Elyounouusi will be back at Southampton and Brown will probably retire aswell. That is a massive core of their dressing room all leaving around the same time and replaced at the same time. It's the beginning of their end

It was mentioned on SSB tonight that Christie was stalling on signing an extension. All is not well there at the moment.

Tailwind

Worse than Ajer today and possibly Welsh. Duffy that is

Balogun1

Kamara is different gravy in the big games. If he could shoot then he wouldn’t be with us.

If I supported them then I would be raging that they weren’t getting a tune out of Ntcham and McGregor as they are good players. The fact they’ve been so poor is directly to do with their coaching staff.......which is nice :D
Let’s hope the better players leave before the coaching staff.

CrunchBear

Their finances don't lie, heavily dependent on Europe (more specifically CL) and with their wage bill being so high it was always going to become a problem.

You then have the money they do spend being wasted on poor players for a few years now. For every one that comes in and does well you have a failure or two, it adds up.

Borna Bear

Official Ticketer
Duffy will get a free pass because of what he is. Plays to lowest common denominator in their support
Nah, not all tims are idiots. The regular supporter will cotton on that he’s pish. The fact that they have better defenders in their squad will boil their piss as he will play every game.

change consent