Us v Them (recruitment)

Borna Bear

Official Ticketer
For the first time that I can remember we had less players missing than they did. But before their media puppets start the inevitable “poor Celtic” campaign just remember all their hubris about squad depth.

Below is an estimate on player expenses for both starting 11’s and subs. If the media were doing their job properly then Lennon and Celtics recruitment policy would be getting a pasting.

Our recruitment has been excellent since Gerrard arrived.

McGregor 0 Barkas £5m

Tav £250k Frimpong £400k

Goldson £3m. Duffy £2m (loan)

Helander £3.5m. Ajer £540k

Barisic £1.5m. Welsh 0

Davis 0. Laxalt 0 (loan)

Arfield 0. Brown £4.5m

Kamara £50k. Ntcham £4.5m

Kent £7m. McGregor 0

Barker 0. Elyanousi 0 (loan)

Morelos £1m. Klimala £3.5m

Total £16.3m. Total £20.4m

Aribo 0. Ajeti £5m

Jack 0. Griffiths £1.13m

Itten £2.5m. Taylor £3m

Turnbull £3m

Rogic £420k

Total £2.5m. Total £12.55m

For the first time that I can remember we had less players missing than they did. But before their media puppets start the inevitable “poor Celtic” campaign just remember all their hubris about squad depth.

Below is an estimate on player expenses for both starting 11’s and subs. If the media were doing their job properly then Lennon and Celtics recruitment policy would be getting a pasting.

Our recruitment has been excellent since Gerrard arrived.

McGregor 0 Barkas £5m

Tav £250k Frimpong £400k

Goldson £3m. Duffy £2m (loan)

Helander £3.5m. Ajer £540k

Barisic £1.5m. Welsh 0

Davis 0. Laxalt 0 (loan)

Arfield 0. Brown £4.5m

Kamara £50k. Ntcham £4.5m

Kent £7m. McGregor 0

Barker 0. Elyanousi 0 (loan)

Morelos £1m. Klimala £3.5m

Total £16.3m. Total £20.4m

Aribo 0. Ajeti £5m

Jack 0. Griffiths £1.13m

Itten £2.5m. Taylor £3m

Turnbull £3m

Rogic £420k

Total £2.5m. Total £12.55m
So proud of our players today!

If you look at the teams from the last Old Firm game to this one, even if you include their missing players, we have strengthened and they have weakened.

Despite them spending significant amounts of money, bringing in players and not really losing any marquee players they look a lot weaker.

If you look at the teams from the last Old Firm game to this one, even if you include their missing players, we have strengthened and they have weakened.

Despite them spending significant amounts of money, bringing in players and not really losing any marquee players they look a lot weaker.
The major thing for me is the regression of Ntcham and McGregor. For me they were the best midfielders in Scotland 2 years ago. Now they wouldn’t make our bench. That’s damming of Lennon and their coaching staff imo.

It's going to be even worse for them next season. The likes of Édouard, Ntcham, Christie and Ayer have 1.5 years left on their contracts come January. Outside of Christie I doubt any will renew their contract and make it harder to get a move, so they will all be off in the summer for a lot less than they hoped. Elyounouusi will be back at Southampton and Brown will probably retire aswell. That is a massive core of their dressing room all leaving around the same time and replaced at the same time. It's the beginning of their end

Was thinking about this today as we pumped them, various players in that team we faced today are valued at £10m+By their fans.

Toral nonsense of course and typical of the illusions of grandeur that will be their undoing.

On a side note, that’s the strongest our bench has looked in years!

It's going to be even worse for them next season. The likes of Édouard, Ntcham, Christie and Ayer have 1.5 years left on their contracts come January. Outside of Christie I doubt any will renew their contract and make it harder to get a move, so they will all be off in the summer for a lot less than they hoped. Elyounouusi will be back at Southampton and Brown will probably retire aswell. That is a massive core of their dressing room all leaving around the same time and replaced at the same time. It's the beginning of their end
They are clearly throwing everything at winning the league this year. Medium and long term planning are non existent.
Even if they win the league this year, we are defo in a better position if that makes sense.

They must have spent over 30 million in the last two seasons and actually look like they're going backwards.

Lennon was given more money to spend last season than any manager since Martin O'Neill 20 years ago.

Looking at their transfers, I actually forgot they even had that guy Soro. 2 million as well!

Then they've got players like Shved, Bayo and Bolingoli out on loan. About 7 million quid of transfer fees and they're so shite they can't even sell them.

Their midfield were shocking today. I was trying to think who their 3rd midfielder was and it took me about ten minutes before remembering it was Ntcham.

Kamara and Davis on the other hand were absolutely sublime. How Kamara plays in the SPFL I'll never know.

They must have spent over 30 million in the last two seasons and actually look like they're going backwards.

Lennon was given more money to spend last season than any manager since Martin O'Neill 20 years ago.

Looking at their transfers, I actually forgot they even had that guy Soro. 2 million as well!

Then they've got players like Shved, Bayo and Bolingoli out on loan. About 7 million quid of transfer fees and they're so shite they can't even sell them.
Forgot about Bolingoli, he was £3.5m. Bayo cost the same and Taylor only £500k less. Madness

Their midfield were shocking today. I was trying to think who their 3rd midfielder was and it took me about ten minutes before remembering it was Ntcham.

Kamara and Davis on the other hand were absolutely sublime. How Kamara plays in the SPFL I'll never know.
Kamara is different gravy in the big games. If he could shoot then he wouldn’t be with us.

If I supported them then I would be raging that they weren’t getting a tune out of Ntcham and McGregor as they are good players. The fact they’ve been so poor is directly to do with their coaching staff.......which is nice :D

Early days of course but it has the feeling of when we were going for 10. Lots of confidence lots of money spent but overall our core players who we relied on and trusted for so many years just couldn't get that last burst out of them.

Kamara is different gravy in the big games. If he could shoot then he wouldn’t be with us.

If I supported them then I would be raging that they weren’t getting a tune out of Ntcham and McGregor as they are good players. The fact they’ve been so poor is directly to do with their coaching staff.......which is nice :D
I was having a wee browse of the kerrydale post match thread and they are claiming Lennon doesn't believe in tactics. He literally just picks an 11 and sends them out to play... seriously!

I was having a wee browse of the kerrydale post match thread and they are claiming Lennon doesn't believe in tactics. He literally just picks an 11 and sends them out to play... seriously!
It looks like it. Like us in the 90’s it will work against the dross but against good teams they will get turned over.

If a domestic club finds a solution to their style then they’re fucked. He’s an old fashioned manager, not a modern football coach.

I could well believe that. Their left back got into decent positions looked up saw nobody in the box but flung it in anyway. Now that's either a shit player who has no confidence in his team mates to keep the ball so takes a punt or he's been instructed to do that.

For the amount of stick we got in the papers / media for spending nearly £4m on the Mexicans.... not much is said about the amount spent on Bolingoli and his “exploits”
Mate their recruitment had been horrendous! No one mentions it in the media for some reason

Latest posts

Back