Us v Them (recruitment)

Their midfield were shocking today. I was trying to think who their 3rd midfielder was and it took me about ten minutes before remembering it was Ntcham.

Kamara and Davis on the other hand were absolutely sublime. How Kamara plays in the SPFL I'll never know.

Their most dangerous midfielder was Ajer, a defender.

The keeping one is Baffling. Near £5m on Barkas or they could have had Marshall on a free.

McLaughlan looks 10 times the keeper Barkas is.
He was looking alienated today, not much communication between him and his defenders at all.

What an absolute disaster in the making. Having gone from a stonewall keeper who carried them most of last season, to a complete bomb scare this season.

Luverly.

They will copy us amd go down the DOF route.

Mind you it depends on the biscuit tin lid and how tight it is.

It looks like it. Like us in the 90’s it will work against the dross but against good teams they will get turned over.

If a domestic club finds a solution to their style then they’re fucked. He’s an old fashioned manager, not a modern football coach.
We are that well drilled as well. I think it was there for all to see today that the tide has now turned and that there is now quite a serious gulf in class between the two teams both in terms of personnel but more so in terms of management. It's there for the taking this season of that I have no doubt.

Their main misses were Edouard, Christie and Bitton.

Ours were Roofe, Katic and Aribo. (Aribo obviously made the bench but not kicked a ball in weeks)

It's not far off like for like in positions

They had 3 of their 4 strikers in the squad today, so did we.

The keeping one is Baffling. Near £5m on Barkas or they could have had Marshall on a free.

They would have been hedging their bets on getting champs league group stages & making a buck on him. Marshal wasn't going to make them anything.

He was looking alienated today, not much communication between him and his defenders at all.

What an absolute disaster in the making. Having gone from a stonewall keeper who carried them most of last season, to a complete bomb scare this season.

Luverly.
I agree. Forster is a fantastic keeper who basically won them the league cup (excluding the officials).

Pleasing indeed!

Ours were Roofe, Katic and Aribo. (Aribo obviously made the bench but not kicked a ball in weeks)

Neither has Eduard tbf :))

The major thing for me is the regression of Ntcham and McGregor. For me they were the best midfielders in Scotland 2 years ago. Now they wouldn’t make our bench. That’s damming of Lennon and their coaching staff imo.
Totally agree on McGregor...he has had a massive decline since Rogers has left. I’ve never really seen enough in Ntcham to say he was a good player. Coaches fault 100%.

Luverly.
Foster papered over a lot of cracks for them last season. Basically won them the league cup

Marshall still looks a quite decent keeper, I'm surprised they never tried for him as number 2. He could have had an Allan McGregor like Renaissance when signing for his boyhood club.

Ntcham was completely disinterested today, he never went for one 50/50 ball, the boy wants away. Donkey Duffy at the start was strolling around like the big “I’m from the EPL dont you know“ attitude and got ragdolled and shown up.

laxative tried hard but no product and done nothing to stop the balls or Tav all day. McGregor disappeared after 15 mins, he knew it was all on him and it wasn't working.

what I did notice was that our team and midfield all took it in turns to batter brown and put him on his arse a few times. If yiu watch the game back it will stand out.

They are not doing the biscuit tin thing anymore, far from it actually. They are throwing good money away on dross.
They are still doing it mate. Their stadium needs a serious touch up. They dont allow any managers to make changes to their infrastructure.
A DOF costs serious money.
They are only throwing dosh on players this season.

Bitton is their best defender then it’s Julien, Ajer and Duffy. But because of the outlay, Duffy will get in ahead of Bitton.

Christie and Forrest have never troubled us so they wouldn’t have made a difference today.

An in form Edouard would have been an issue but it looks like he’s chucked it anyway.

They are still doing it mate. Their stadium needs a serious touch up. They dont allow any managers to make changes to their infrastructure.
A DOF costs serious money.
They are only throwing dosh on players this season.
Yeah good point tbf. I’m happy with how we are going about things. At every level we are making incremental steps forward and it’s starting to show.

But they are heavily backing their managers and they should be way ahead of us.

Yeah good point tbf. I’m happy with how we are going about things. At every level we are making incremental steps forward and it’s starting to show.

But they are heavily backing their managers and they should be way ahead of us.
Were in a good place at the moment. We just need some silverware.

Were ahead on and off the park in terms of infrastructure and players.
At the end of this season theyll have their loan players offski, the French boys will be offski, Brown will be retiring, Ajer will leave too. Theyll have a rebuilding job to do.
If we win the league well blow them away for yeara to come.But we need to win the league.

Not doubting the OP’s valuations as that’s probably what the scum have been feeding the media.
In recent years especially, I don’t trust or believe a single thing they say especially with reported transfer fees.

Were in a good place at the moment. We just need some silverware.

Were ahead on and off the park in terms of infrastructure and players.
At the end of this season theyll have their loan players offski, the French boys will be offski, Brown will be retiring, Ajer will leave too. Theyll have a rebuilding job to do.
If we win the league well blow them away for yeara to come.But we need to win the league.
Absolutely. As I’ve said before, we might not win the league this year but I would much rather be in our position going into the next 5 years. The good times are nearly here.

Not doubting the OP’s valuations as that’s probably what the scum have been feeding the media.
In recent years especially, I don’t trust or believe a single thing they say especially with reported transfer fees.
I got most of the valuations from transfer market so yeah they could be shite. The point is that their “depleted” squad still cost a good bit more than ours

Bitton is their best defender then it’s Julien, Ajer and Duffy. But because of the outlay, Duffy will get in ahead of Bitton.

Christie and Forrest have never troubled us so they wouldn’t have made a difference today.

An in form Edouard would have been an issue but it looks like he’s chucked it anyway.
I think Duffy is easily their best defender but I said before the game they would be foolish to go three at the back as we would overload them. I am actually still a bit stunned at how woefully tactically inept it was.

Christie and Forrest do very little in games against us but they dig them out a hole regularly against everyone else.

For the first time that I can remember we had less players missing than they did. But before their media puppets start the inevitable “poor Celtic” campaign just remember all their hubris about squad depth.

Below is an estimate on player expenses for both starting 11’s and subs. If the media were doing their job properly then Lennon and Celtics recruitment policy would be getting a pasting.

Our recruitment has been excellent since Gerrard arrived.

McGregor 0 Barkas £5m

Tav £250k Frimpong £400k

Goldson £3m. Duffy £2m (loan)

Helander £3.5m. Ajer £540k

Barisic £1.5m. Welsh 0

Davis 0. Laxalt 0 (loan)

Arfield 0. Brown £4.5m

Kamara £50k. Ntcham £4.5m

Kent £7m. McGregor 0

Barker 0. Elyanousi 0 (loan)

Morelos £1m. Klimala £3.5m

Total £16.3m. Total £20.4m

Aribo 0. Ajeti £5m

Jack 0. Griffiths £1.13m

Itten £2.5m. Taylor £3m

Turnbull £3m

Rogic £420k

Total £2.5m. Total £12.55m
Imagine if we had another Kent instead of Barker ?????

I think Duffy is easily their best defender but I said before the game they would be foolish to go three at the back as we would overload them. I am actually still a bit stunned at how woefully tactically inept it was.

Christie and Forrest do very little in games against us but they dig them out a hole regularly against everyone else.
No chance is Duffy a better defender than the others. He’s an absolute haddy. The novelty/love in will wear off after a while.

Their tactics shocked me as well. Couldn’t believe what I was watching at times.

It's going to be even worse for them next season. The likes of Édouard, Ntcham, Christie and Ayer have 1.5 years left on their contracts come January. Outside of Christie I doubt any will renew their contract and make it harder to get a move, so they will all be off in the summer for a lot less than they hoped. Elyounouusi will be back at Southampton and Brown will probably retire aswell. That is a massive core of their dressing room all leaving around the same time and replaced at the same time. It's the beginning of their end

It was mentioned on SSB tonight that Christie was stalling on signing an extension. All is not well there at the moment.

Worse than Ajer today and possibly Welsh. Duffy that is

Kamara is different gravy in the big games. If he could shoot then he wouldn’t be with us.

If I supported them then I would be raging that they weren’t getting a tune out of Ntcham and McGregor as they are good players. The fact they’ve been so poor is directly to do with their coaching staff.......which is nice :D
Let’s hope the better players leave before the coaching staff.

Their finances don't lie, heavily dependent on Europe (more specifically CL) and with their wage bill being so high it was always going to become a problem.

You then have the money they do spend being wasted on poor players for a few years now. For every one that comes in and does well you have a failure or two, it adds up.

Duffy will get a free pass because of what he is. Plays to lowest common denominator in their support
Nah, not all tims are idiots. The regular supporter will cotton on that he’s pish. The fact that they have better defenders in their squad will boil their piss as he will play every game.

The major thing for me is the regression of Ntcham and McGregor. For me they were the best midfielders in Scotland 2 years ago. Now they wouldn’t make our bench. That’s damming of Lennon and their coaching staff imo.
Ntcham is a good player but it looks like he would rather be anywhere else than at the tramps now

Back