USA in WC trouble?

tottie beck

Just went one nil down in Honduras. If they lose tonight they could be facing a play of with the Auzzies to make Russia. In fact Panama who are only a point behind could leave the Americans in 5th place should they beat Trinidad & Tobago later on tonight.

There are only two games left after today for the USA to salvage things. It's been a really poor campaign from the Americans thus far

I said it when he was the manager previously, Bruce Arena is about as savvy as a rotten banana.

Pulisic is some player though.

They have been on the slide for a while, and the superstar MLS hasn't helped them one bit.

Haven't really been paying attention to it. Why are they in this situation?
A combination of a poor start and Mexico/Costa Rica being no mugs. Losing to both those sides (including a 4-0 reverse to Costa Rica) left them behind the eight ball from the start. Despite some decent results including a 6-0 whalloping of Honduras at home they've failed to get any rhythm going. They lost at home to Costa Rica last week meaning they've lost all four games against Mexico and Costa Rica

Always produce the odd class player but never seem to manage to produce several at a time. Strange for a country with that money and population.

They have a decent shot at it. They play Panama, their rivals for the spot, at home in the next round. Mind you the way they've been playing there's no guarantee

USA will qualify in 3rd from what i'm reading on the FIFA website and no playoff will be needed, unless i'm picking it up wrong ?

When all said and done, I'd happily wager that the USA will win a future World Cup before England ever will.

Just went one nil down in Honduras. If they lose tonight they could be facing a play of with the Auzzies to make Russia. In fact Panama who are only a point behind could leave the Americans in 5th place should they beat Trinidad & Tobago later on tonight.

There are only two games left after today for the USA to salvage things. It's been a really poor campaign from the Americans thus far
%^*& me thought Trump had pressed the button:oops:

Had to read the full thread to realise America weren't having problems with their lavatory systems.

Good fighting point for the Americans. The Hondurans will feel hard done by, but tough cookies. With T&T and Panama left the USA are back in the driving seat for third place but no room for complacency as Panama are no mugs

The CONCACAF section makes it virtually impossible for both USA and Mexico not to qualify. That being said, Mexico did their best to disprove that statement last time around.. and the US are doing their damnedest this time!

For those saying that they shouldn't have fired Klinsman.. he is a big part of why their bums are squeaking right now - but they will no doubt scrape through by hook or by crook.

They are in a bit of bother. Costa Rica are 5 points ahead and Mexico 8 points ahead both with a game in hand. Although the play each other next that's still going to leave a fair gap regardless of result. Only 3 games left and 2 for the USA. The USA should have done so much better but I agree with the above - Klinsmann is a big part of why they're struggling.

Argentina drawing with Venezuela. They are really shit. You always hear about how talented their squad is but when you look at the line up it really isn't

It was a terrific atmosphere at Red Bull Arena last Friday vs. Costa Rica. The US, though, don't help themselves with the location of games - the New York/New Jersey has a large Tico community and they were out in force.

The US remind me of us a little. A lot of possession without doing much, a lack of penetration and always liable to give up a soft goal.

They are currently in an automatic qualification place despite a record of 2 wins, 3 draws and 3 losses. I think they'll probably end up 3rd.

Panama 2-0 up vs Trinidad so that drops USA into the playoff spot.

USA v Panama next month! Huge game for both countries

It was a terrific atmosphere at Red Bull Arena last Friday vs. Costa Rica. The US, though, don't help themselves with the location of games - the New York/New Jersey has a large Tico community and they were out in force.

The US remind me of us a little. A lot of possession without doing much, a lack of penetration and always liable to give up a soft goal.

They are currently in an automatic qualification place despite a record of 2 wins, 3 draws and 3 losses. I think they'll probably end up 3rd.

That is a shambles.

Chile are right up shit creek too. Just lost 1-0 to Bolivia
Really hope they make it, love watching Chile play, class team that play with some intensity 100mph the full game and Vidal and Sanchez are class!

Back