Use of the word "hun" - MSP response

You should have another few MSPs for your parliamentary region. Email them all. Keep them busy. Make them squirm. Be a (polite) pest.

I've just fired off another batch of emails to all of the South Scorland MSPs.
Will look in to that tomorrow. I tend to give them a wide berth, as they are all full of shit. If being a (lovely) pest helps, then I'll be on it. Not holding my breath though.

Which is so incredibly important.
You don’t know a Siobahn who supports Rangers?
I do.
I also know a couple of Seans, many Michaels, two Liams, and Anthony, and a Patrick, and a Gerald.
Maybe it’s time to look beyond a name.
All names fine but Gerald? Seriously? That's like a boy named Sue

Just fired this off to stvappeal@stv.tv

Dear Sir/Madam,

Given that a number of disgusting hate tweets made by Janey Godley have now been uncovered - leading to her requiring to make a public apology - can you please advise if you still believe that Janey aligns with your visions and values?

I find it very strange that someone with such extreme views is allowed to be associated with an appeal which is so closely involved with children.

I would appreciate it if you could make me aware of your thoughts on this issue, by response to this email.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

They refuse to help, Id asked countless times for them to even make comments on the daily stuff and nothing. They refused to comment on Alfie being racially abused by the tramps at the last game. They refused to comment on Celtic fans seeing their team bus from their hotel before the last game singing an anti Protestant hate crime song and again.. they wouldn't comment.

For me , NBM need their charity status taken away as they have failed their mission statement
Send them another note and tell them about how you have ear evidence of Anti Catholic Irish racism and if they could help. Be interesting if they respond.

I have emailed Iain Blackford, the SNP leader at Westminster, twice, asking for his views on Brendan O'Hara's use of the term Hun. I have yet to receive a reply.
I emailed O'Hara repeatedly regarding the use of the term Hun and asked for his views on the hanging effigies, every reply told me to contact my MSP Jackie Bailie.
Like so many of his fellow clowns he is a complete arsehole.

I do.
I also know a couple of Seans, many Michaels, two Liams, and Anthony, and a Patrick, and a Gerald.
my brother & his mate joined the orange order years ago & his name was paddy O'Neil no joking there's a story attached to it when they went to their first meeting honestly i pissed my self laughing when my brother told me it , but paddy is a staunch bluenose .

I do.
History has told me it’s never time to look beyond the name, factor in the SNP part, i’ll not hold my breath for this being raised by Siobahn.

Im blocked by her so can you post what she says
E-tz-VQn-XEAA3-Fgx.jpg

Basically sorry I got caught.

There is a website called Urban Dictionary, which is usually pretty good for slang words, anyhow they do have a mention off Rangers fans, but i reckon we could target this to make it more explicit.

Hun
Term used for a Rangers supporter. First used by in the judicial deliberation laid down following the infamous rioting of Ranger fans in 1972 after their cup winner cup victory. The judge is known to have said that the fans displayed hun like behaviour (i.e. rioting charging looting not disimilar from Atilla the Hun). The rioting was abhored by the Rangers F.C manager who said “It is to these tikes, hooligans, louts and drunkards that I pinpoint my message – it is because of your gutter-rat behaviour that we Rangers FC are being publicly tarred and feathered . . . ”
I see those Huns were rioting in Manchester, two European finals, two riots. They really are Scotlands Shame!!

Fair enough she is happy to progress.

My local MSP is Angela Constance, doubt worth even contacting her.....

She isn't though. She's happy to bring it up if such a debate is ever raised, but expresses no intention of being the one to raise it. It's lip service. More polite than James Dornan or John Mason would be with it, but being more intelligent than those two isn't saying much.

They can’t help themselves using that word. Successfully outlawing that in the way they did with ‘F****n’ would be a game changer in the faux sectarian PR war. It would be an absolute disaster for them of their own making. Time to play them at their own game.

Last edited:
I emailed my MSP:

Hi Siobhian

I hope you are well.

I'm writing with regards the use of the word "hun" and the religious sectarian connotations.

Like a great many people, I find this term to be deeply offensive. Nil By Mouth, the anti sectarian organisation, recognise this term as sectarian and offensive, as do PSNI.

Why is this offensive term allowed to go unchallenged on Scotland? Personally I have heard it from presenters on BBC radio, it is all over social media, it is sprayed on walls (KAH = Kill All Huns), and it is chanted at football ground - all seemingly without fear of prosecution.

I'd like you to highlight this matter in parliament and ask that this term is treated in the same manner as the equally offensive term "19th Century Terrorist". There should be a zero tolerance and its use should be seen as a religiously aggravated hate crime.

The MSP for Glasgow Cathcart is very vocal in his campaign against anti Irish racism, and I believe this term should have an equal focus.

Thank you for listening.

Regards,
FF Darth Vader

And here's the response:

Dear Mr Vader

Thank you for your email raising your very valid concerns regarding the offensive use of these words.

I would be happy to raise this on your behalf when in an appropriate debate in parliament.

Kind regards
Siobhian

Siobhian Brown MSP
Ayr Constituency

And my reply:

Thank you Siobhan, I would greatly appreciate it.

I'm sure such a debate will be forthcoming, especially given the disgusting sectarian and otherwise offensive language used by Daily Record journalists who are now under police investigation.

I also note that Janey Godley, the face of the NHS Scotland Covid adverts, has used this sectarian and offensive word (in addition to many other vile and abhorrent references including insults to disabled people and comparing someone else a Chernobyl burns victim) frequently over the years.

I feel this should see Ms Godley removed from our TV screens immediately because someone with such a questionable character is not fit to speak on behalf of the NHS and Scottish Government.

Again, I would be extremely grateful if you could raise this matter with the relevant people. It is deeply disturbing to see such an individual speaking on behalf of the state.

Many thanks
Darth

I'd urge each and every one of you to do your bit - email your MPs, MSPs (regardless of who they are) about the Record or any other injustice you see or hear, report crimes to police Scotland, and let's get some parity and even handedness back.

We are no longer accepting being a political football.

Enough is enough.
Excellent effort mate. Well done for being active.

They refuse to help, Id asked countless times for them to even make comments on the daily stuff and nothing. They refused to comment on Alfie being racially abused by the tramps at the last game. They refused to comment on Celtic fans seeing their team bus from their hotel before the last game singing an anti Protestant hate crime song and again.. they wouldn't comment.

For me , NBM need their charity status taken away as they have failed their mission statement
Worth reporting them to OSCR

E-tz-VQn-XEAA3-Fgx.jpg

Basically sorry I got caught.
I say, we all get on Twitter ( that have it) and say that's not good enough, she MUST be removed from Scottish Govt Ads and repost all her tweets. she was in a convo with a female journalist from the Daily Record in one tweet, that's nothing to do with her being a "comic" and everything with her being outed for the hideous individual that she is.

My local councillor is Fiona Hyslop (SNP). I went to her with an issue about 8 years ago. She clearly doesn't have a f*ckin scooby. She came across as an untrained receptionist. They're just idiots hiding behind a sign above the door. I wouldn't waste my time trying to raise an issue with her again. Fake news, as they say.
I don't wish to appear rude but as I said to another poster if you do nothing she will do nothing

Dear Mr Doris MSP,

Firstly, I'm writing with regards the use of the word "hun". Like a great many people, I find this term to be deeply offensive and comparable to the banned 'N' word. Nil By Mouth, the anti-sectarian organisation, recognise this term as sectarian and offensive, as do PSNI. Why is this offensive term allowed to go unchallenged in Scotland? Personally, I have heard it from presenters on BBC radio, it is all over social media, it is sprayed on walls (KAH = Kill All Huns), and it is chanted at football grounds - all seemingly without fear of prosecution. I'd like you to highlight this matter in parliament. The MSP for Glasgow Cathcart is very vocal in his campaign against anti Irish racism, and I believe this term should have an equal focus.

Secondly, as you are well aware, The Daily Record has made a statement that it is investigating hundreds of offensive e-mails by numerous employees including one suggesting the murder of HM The Queen and the Royal family, and another describing the prophet Muhammad as a paedophile. Can the people of Scotland be assured that the SNP government will be vigilant in ensuring that a thorough investigation is undertaken by the Daily Record and the outcome completed and announced in a timely basis?

Yours Sincerely,

The Huguenot

Janey Godley is disgusting and more importantly NOT Funny. Her shitty wee amplified Scottish accent makes me cringe. Going by present day levels set by the DR she shld be taken off all TV/Radio etc

I am quite surprised I am still hearing her on Scottish Government adverts on radio and tv, if nothing it shows the hypocrisy in the Scottish Government that they would want to associate with someone who has views such as hers but openly look to convict others because they don’t like theirs !

Dear Mr Doris MSP,

Firstly, I'm writing with regards the use of the word "hun". Like a great many people, I find this term to be deeply offensive and comparable to the banned 'N' word. Nil By Mouth, the anti-sectarian organisation, recognise this term as sectarian and offensive, as do PSNI. Why is this offensive term allowed to go unchallenged in Scotland? Personally, I have heard it from presenters on BBC radio, it is all over social media, it is sprayed on walls (KAH = Kill All Huns), and it is chanted at football grounds - all seemingly without fear of prosecution. I'd like you to highlight this matter in parliament. The MSP for Glasgow Cathcart is very vocal in his campaign against anti Irish racism, and I believe this term should have an equal focus.

Secondly, as you are well aware, The Daily Record has made a statement that it is investigating hundreds of offensive e-mails by numerous employees including one suggesting the murder of HM The Queen and the Royal family, and another describing the prophet Muhammad as a paedophile. Can the people of Scotland be assured that the SNP government will be vigilant in ensuring that a thorough investigation is undertaken by the Daily Record and the outcome completed and announced in a timely basis?

Yours Sincerely,

The Huguenot
Edited slightly and sent to my MSP - the a*hole commonly known as Michael Matheson and 7 central Scotland list MSPs. Maybe we need to start looking at getting someone to sit for a list MSP in the next election...

A response rom Craig Hoy, Conservative MSP for South region, and my reply:

Dear Mr Vader

Thank you for your email. I agree that the use of the word “hun” is deeply offensive and should be condemned. Pleased by assured I will raise this matter at my forthcoming meeting with Police Scotland and in the Scottish Parliament.

As always I would condemn all language which is inflammatory and believe we should adopt a policy of zero tolerance when it is used.

Thank you for contacting me.

Yours sincerely,
Craig Hoy MSP

South of Scotland Region

My reply:

Thank you Chris, very much appreciated.

Just to stress that "hun" is not only offensive but it is sectarian and the use of it should be treated as a religious hate crime.

Thanks again.

I emailed O'Hara repeatedly regarding the use of the term Hun and asked for his views on the hanging effigies, every reply told me to contact my MSP Jackie Bailie.
Like so many of his fellow clowns he is a complete arsehole.
Because O'Hara uses the term himself. 'Apologised' for doing so, well a spokesman said he had apologised, have yet to hear him publicly apologise

I've just sent her an e-mail.
I'll follow it up if I don't get a satisfactory response in a week.
Get intae them Bears.
Well, that didn't take long. Here is my reply from one of Angela's case workers (whatever that is)

Dear Mr Intrepid,

On behalf of Angela Constance MSP

Thank you for taking the time to write to Angela Constance MSP to raise your concerns regarding the use of sectarian language.

Angela has been contacted by constituents raising similar concerns and yesterday wrote to the Justice Secretary, Keith Brown to bring to his attention the correspondence she has received from people (including yours) concerned at all types of sectarian abuse including that of chanting and language.

Please note, responses from Ministers offices can take up to 20 working days to be received. However as soon as the response is received, we will be back in touch.

Take care

Regards

Pauline

Pauline Clark
Caseworker to Angela Constance MSP
Almond Valley Constituency
Tel: 01506 460403

Well, that didn't take long. Here is my reply from one of Angela's case workers (whatever that is)

Dear Mr Intrepid,

On behalf of Angela Constance MSP

Thank you for taking the time to write to Angela Constance MSP to raise your concerns regarding the use of sectarian language.

Angela has been contacted by constituents raising similar concerns and yesterday wrote to the Justice Secretary, Keith Brown to bring to his attention the correspondence she has received from people (including yours) concerned at all types of sectarian abuse including that of chanting and language.

Please note, responses from Ministers offices can take up to 20 working days to be received. However as soon as the response is received, we will be back in touch.

Take care

Regards

Pauline

Pauline Clark
Caseworker to Angela Constance MSP
Almond Valley Constituency
Tel: 01506 460403
And now my reply to her reply.

Hi Pauline,
Thank you for your reply.

Can I request that you forward to me a copy of the letter that Angela has sent to Keith Brown regarding this matter. I would like to understand how my concerns have been conveyed to Mr Brown.

Can you also confirm if it is the intention of the Scottish Government to continue to use the services of Janey Godley, a self confessed bigot, in the current Government covid information campaign. If her services have been retained by the Scottish Government this would certainly be at odds with the "chapped and charged" policy that is being applied to Rangers supporters for alleged sectarian behaviour.

Again, I look forward to hearing from Ms Constance.

Yours sincerely,

Back