Use of the word "hun" - MSP response

E-tz-VQn-XEAA3-Fgx.jpg

Basically sorry I got caught.
The thing about this "oh no, I've been caught" apology is that she was an adult at the time of making the tweets. Her tweets weren't from someone that was say a teenager at the time. For me, we all need to make sure she is canceled.

The thing about this "oh no, I've been caught" apology is that she was an adult at the time of making the tweets. Her tweets weren't from someone that was say a teenager at the time. For me, we all need to make sure she is canceled.
Let’s go after her get her removed from public life and ruin her she is a bigot

anyone working for the nhs should contact there HR department asking why is she the face of the nhs

I am not technically proficient enough to post something from YouTube so I will direct you to the site. There is a guy on there, Alex Belfield, The voice of reason. Hates box tickers, lefties etc. and this morning he has posted a piece on Godley which is less than complimentary. (A bit self obsessed about himself but you can get over it) He has over 200k followers so it will be getting out there about this odious little woman.

The anti-sectarian legislation at Holyrood was deliberately drafted to ensure more arrests and prosecutions for alleged anti-Catholicism. It was never meant to show balance or equality. This is how they wanted it, so they created it.

FTP - sectarian hate crime
F@nian - sectarian hate crime
Anti-Irish racism - sectarian hate crime

FTQ - free speech
Hun - free speech
Anti-British racism - free speech

This is the corrupt two-tier justice system we now exist under.
It should be there to protect ALL not just who they affiliate with.
That legislation is in itself discriminatory and let's face it we all know really what it's for and it's certainly not fair it's going to be used as a tool to hammer people who don't share their views. There is no such seperate legislation for what is happening constantly against Irish Protestants and the Orange order why do you need separate Irish, Catholic legislation.
You just watch them going after the OO that is really what they want to stop.

Last edited:
Fair enough she is happy to progress.

My local MSP is Angela Constance, doubt worth even contacting her.....
My condolences. I've been at an event where she was the government spokesperson and it appeared that she was being worked from behind. I think her main purpose is showcase garish tartan fabrics. Possibly also acting as a consultant for Dyson, demonstrating powerful vacuums.

My condolences. I've been at an event where she was the government spokesperson and it appeared that she was being worked from behind. I think her main purpose is showcase garish tartan fabrics. Possibly also acting as a consultant for Dyson, demonstrating powerful vacuums.
Angela Constance and being worked from behind is something I really don't want to think about B-)

It should be there to protect ALL not just who they affiliate with.
That legislation is in itself discriminatory and let's face it we all know really what it's for and it's certainly not fair it's going to be used as a tool to hammer people who don't share their views. There is no such seperate legislation for what is happening constantly against Irish Protestants and the Orange order why do you need separate Irish, Catholic legislation.
You just watch them going after the OO that is really what they want to stop.
It really is down to people themselves taking a stand through proper channels though to change things . For decades weve “ taken it on the chin “ as the saying goes as our mentality is stiff upper lip typical british mindset of sticks and stones etc .

However the landscape has changed dramatically and people have to realise to get a voice to have your own culture protected it’s now about making your presence felt rightly or wrongly we’ve seen over the last few days when finally we were backed into a corner we collectively , for once , stood our ground and started fighting back in the CORRECT manner keeping it above board reporting stuff about Hun this DOB that alongside some other stuff and it’s come back to some people .

We cannot continue to throw our arms up and Moan about it being a one way street anymore this week has shown the way forward , the Heart&Hand boys tweets WERE in bad taste and seen as unacceptable and they were big enough to do the right thing and step back and fully apologise . We know certain people who have been caught doing the exact same thing and worse won’t have the same morals though. Certainly this should be a deep line in the sand regarding people thinking they can spout “ HUN” scattergun and not think about the evil sectarian meaning behind the slur with KAH graffiti a regular sight now .

Personally I think cancel culture is horrible and there’s been a real nasty side to things for a number of years . Maybe , just maybe most people will come to realise there’s nobody faultless in life and they should think twice before deliberately attacking others when their own house is far from squeaky clean and some common sense can actually be used in life . Maybe :rolleyes:

Last edited:
email to Ian Murray tonight.

“Dear Ian,

I will make this brief but as my MP can you please address the issue of sectarianism in Scotland. I am sick and tired of being referred to as an Orange ‘b’, Hun ‘b’, DOB, DOBER, member of the Klan, Nazi etc etc etc. I am a Rangers fan and I simply want to walk down the street and wear my colours without being abused.

I have no religious affiliation whatsoever but I am sick of the SNP and low grade MSPs exploiting sectarian hatred and my vote is open to those who address it”

Yours etc.
I got a lengthy and detailed response. In summary he gets it totally and sees the divisions being stoked up by the likes of Dornan and the use of football clubs by groups with other agendas (I’m guessing he’s not just talking about Celtic fans here but you might include the well known ones from that side of the city). He has called out Dornan previously.

He understands that normal decent football fans are getting it the neck because of these agitators, and that SNP elected officials (I think he means not just MSPs) are stoking up sectarian division. He also reference the ludicrous attack by Dornan on Lothian Buses (with absolutely no evidence) - and he noted that Dornan has stepped back from his previous apology.

I don’t think this one-sided debate is going unnoticed and contacting your elected officials helps. Of course we have to recognise there are areas we can clean our act up on and the club absolutely have but with no recognition from the attack dogs from ‘Celtic’ groups. But his response was balanced and fair.

I will say this, Rangers should offer to meet someone like Iain Murray and let Dornan know why he is being snubbed.

E-tz-VQn-XEAA3-Fgx.jpg

Basically sorry I got caught.
Has anyone got her tweets, specifically any about disabilities. I've a young son with disabilities and will be asking why the NHS is using someone like her to front an NHS campaign, assuming the tweets are bad enough.
Thanks

Edit
I be just read she's been kicked off the NHS campaign. B-) I'd still like her tweets though, any other job/gig she gets will be getting contacted.

Good work guys, still lots to do though and remember they started it.

Last edited:
It really is down to people themselves taking a stand through proper channels though to change things . For decades weve “ taken it on the chin “ as the saying goes as our mentality is stiff upper lip typical british mindset of sticks and stones etc .

However the landscape has changed dramatically and people have to realise to get a voice to have your own culture protected it’s now about making your presence felt rightly or wrongly we’ve seen over the last few days when finally we were backed into a corner we collectively , for once , stood our ground and started fighting back in the CORRECT manner keeping it above board reporting stuff about Hun this DOB that alongside some other stuff and it’s come back to some people .

We cannot continue to throw our arms up and Moan about it being a one way street anymore this week has shown the way forward , the Heart&Hand boys tweets WERE in bad taste and seen as unacceptable and they were big enough to do the right thing and step back and fully apologise . We know certain people who have been caught doing the exact same thing and worse won’t have the same morals though. Certainly this should be a deep line in the sand regarding people thinking they can spout “ HUN” scattergun and not think about the evil sectarian meaning behind the slur with KAH graffiti a regular sight now .

Personally I think cancel culture is horrible and there’s been a real nasty side to things for a number of years . Maybe , just maybe most people will come to realise there’s nobody faultless in life and they should think twice before deliberately attacking others when their own house is far from squeaky clean and some common sense can actually be used in life . Maybe :rolleyes:
Great post Davie

snpsouthside@gmail.com..........Best of luck with wee Krankie...I've sent half a dozen emails on various subjects without even a robotic style response ....her and her cohorts genuinely don't give a fcuk .....but it won't stop me trying..
I’m sure she would reply if you sent an email claiming your love for independence .
Be interesting to see if she responds.

21:40 on 9.9.21.

Still no response to the polite but firm email I sent to Màiri :rolleyes: McAllan, SNP MSP for Clydesdale.

Almost into day 3 of waiting for my esteemed SNP MSP to do more than forward an automated response.

And I did make it clear that I’m a constituent and expect a response. Politely of course.

I’ll leave it a week and then phone her offices to ask why I haven’t had a written response.

Which is so incredibly important.
You don’t know a Siobahn who supports Rangers?
I do.
I also know a couple of Seans, many Michaels, two Liams, and Anthony, and a Patrick, and a Gerald.
Maybe it’s time to look beyond a name.
Whilst there are exceptions to the rule we all know where he’s coming from. Exactly the kind of stuff that has led to where we are. Rangers and Rangers fans in general have moved on. That’s the thing, they have nothing else now so are desperately looking at the past. Not that one single song actually ever offended them.

I emailed my MSP:

Hi Siobhian

I hope you are well.

I'm writing with regards the use of the word "hun" and the religious sectarian connotations.

Like a great many people, I find this term to be deeply offensive. Nil By Mouth, the anti sectarian organisation, recognise this term as sectarian and offensive, as do PSNI.

Why is this offensive term allowed to go unchallenged on Scotland? Personally I have heard it from presenters on BBC radio, it is all over social media, it is sprayed on walls (KAH = Kill All Huns), and it is chanted at football ground - all seemingly without fear of prosecution.

I'd like you to highlight this matter in parliament and ask that this term is treated in the same manner as the equally offensive term "19th Century Terrorist". There should be a zero tolerance and its use should be seen as a religiously aggravated hate crime.

The MSP for Glasgow Cathcart is very vocal in his campaign against anti Irish racism, and I believe this term should have an equal focus.

Thank you for listening.

Regards,
FF Darth Vader

And here's the response:

Dear Mr Vader

Thank you for your email raising your very valid concerns regarding the offensive use of these words.

I would be happy to raise this on your behalf when in an appropriate debate in parliament.

Kind regards
Siobhian

Siobhian Brown MSP
Ayr Constituency

And my reply:

Thank you Siobhan, I would greatly appreciate it.

I'm sure such a debate will be forthcoming, especially given the disgusting sectarian and otherwise offensive language used by Daily Record journalists who are now under police investigation.

I also note that Janey Godley, the face of the NHS Scotland Covid adverts, has used this sectarian and offensive word (in addition to many other vile and abhorrent references including insults to disabled people and comparing someone else a Chernobyl burns victim) frequently over the years.

I feel this should see Ms Godley removed from our TV screens immediately because someone with such a questionable character is not fit to speak on behalf of the NHS and Scottish Government.

Again, I would be extremely grateful if you could raise this matter with the relevant people. It is deeply disturbing to see such an individual speaking on behalf of the state.

Many thanks
Darth

I'd urge each and every one of you to do your bit - email your MPs, MSPs (regardless of who they are) about the Record or any other injustice you see or hear, report crimes to police Scotland, and let's get some parity and even handedness back.

We are no longer accepting being a political football.

Enough is enough.
I’ve emailed Dornan (my msp) before and Hel do his usual snarling then blank any response to his initial snarling.

The power of the written word is immense, one or two letters or emails can be written off but hundreds is a different matter, politicians are about 2 things getting elected and remaining elected, the dark side have known this for a long time and fire of letters left right and centre, the politicians see communications as a percentage of what the voter base are thinking, so Write away bears it actually works because it has been successful for them for years.

Excellent post Davie.

I have emailed Christina McKelvie and 1 of her cronies responded asking for my post code to make sure I was 1 of her constituency members.

snpsouthside@gmail.com..........Best of luck with wee Krankie...I've sent half a dozen emails on various subjects without even a robotic style response ....her and her cohorts genuinely don't give a fcuk .....but it won't stop me trying..
Would it be possible for a number of us to contact a few of these people like useless or the current trumpet that passes for justice sec.and ask why they are so keen to jump all over people being called a 19th Century Terrorist and refuse to comment on orange bastard and hun, and copy in one of our own to keep a record of contact,and pass it on to someone like Murdo Fraser when it is ignored, to ask why in toytown.

I do.
I also know a couple of Seans, many Michaels, two Liams, and Anthony, and a Patrick, and a Gerald.
That reminded me of an event way back in 1975, when there probably wouldn’t have been very many Geralds’ and Declan’s’ supporting Rangers.
I was in a position to eavesdrop on a meeting between wealthy Roman Catholic businessmen in Glasgow, and although he wasn’t a businessman as such, the recently retired Archbishop Scanlan was among them.
The group all had your stereotypical RC names apart from one guy, who introduced himself as, “I’m William Robertson, I know that’s not seen as a Catholic name, but it’s amazing where it gets me and the doors it opens for me”
Even back then never go by the name! ;)

I do.
In our lodge we have two Michaels two Tony's a Paul and a Tim

Would it be possible for a number of us to contact a few of these people like useless or the current trumpet that passes for justice sec.and ask why they are so keen to jump all over people being called a 19th Century Terrorist and refuse to comment on orange bastard and hun, and copy in one of our own to keep a record of contact,and pass it on to someone like Murdo Fraser when it is ignored, to ask why in toytown.
Nicola.sturgeon.msp@parliament.scot
Humza.yousaf.msp@parliament.scot
Keith.brown.msp@parliament.scot
James.dornan.msp@parliament.scot
Etc

Just remember to be courteous, as difficult as it is with this crowd.

And now my reply to her reply.

Hi Pauline,
Thank you for your reply.

Can I request that you forward to me a copy of the letter that Angela has sent to Keith Brown regarding this matter. I would like to understand how my concerns have been conveyed to Mr Brown.

Can you also confirm if it is the intention of the Scottish Government to continue to use the services of Janey Godley, a self confessed bigot, in the current Government covid information campaign. If her services have been retained by the Scottish Government this would certainly be at odds with the "chapped and charged" policy that is being applied to Rangers supporters for alleged sectarian behaviour.

Again, I look forward to hearing from Ms Constance.

Yours sincerely,
Today's email to my MSP

Dear Angela,

Further to my e-mail on 9th September. I note that Janey Godley has now been removed from the Scottish Government's current public health information campaign. Will you confirm that the Scottish Government have reported her sectarian and racist behaviour to Police Scotland. If not, why not?

The First Minister's has today commented on this matter on BBC Radio Scotland. "Och look, these things happen," is quite frankly insulting. It would appear that the application of the law in Scotland has as it's starting point a "pro-indy" filter. Will you please provide me with some reassurance that this is not the case and confirm that Janey Godley will be "chapped and charged" in line with other alleged sectarian and racist incidents.

I, as always, look forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely,
Mr Intrepid

Dear Mr Doris MSP,

Firstly, I'm writing with regards the use of the word "hun". Like a great many people, I find this term to be deeply offensive and comparable to the banned 'N' word. Nil By Mouth, the anti-sectarian organisation, recognise this term as sectarian and offensive, as do PSNI. Why is this offensive term allowed to go unchallenged in Scotland? Personally, I have heard it from presenters on BBC radio, it is all over social media, it is sprayed on walls (KAH = Kill All Huns), and it is chanted at football grounds - all seemingly without fear of prosecution. I'd like you to highlight this matter in parliament. The MSP for Glasgow Cathcart is very vocal in his campaign against anti Irish racism, and I believe this term should have an equal focus.

Secondly, as you are well aware, The Daily Record has made a statement that it is investigating hundreds of offensive e-mails by numerous employees including one suggesting the murder of HM The Queen and the Royal family, and another describing the prophet Muhammad as a paedophile. Can the people of Scotland be assured that the SNP government will be vigilant in ensuring that a thorough investigation is undertaken by the Daily Record and the outcome completed and announced in a timely basis?

Yours Sincerely,

The Huguenot

Dear The Huguenot,

Thank you for contacting me on this matter. My apologies for the delay.

That any section of society should have to be subjected to abuse or intimidation is absolutely unacceptable. The 'KAH' acronym is appalling and should not be tolerated. Any such graffiti or similar in our constituency please do report this to Police Scotland and I would also welcome it being drawn to my attention. As for my colleagues pursuit of combatting anti-Irish racism, that is an important matter to tackle also. The next time such matters are debated in Parliament I will ensure your concerns are raised.

I am not aware of the Daily Record investigation. However I would say that any investigations by an employer would quite rightly be free from political interference. Furthermore should anyone wish to complain about an individual for any matter they consider criminal in nature, they can do so directly to Police Scotland. However all such investigations take place without political interference.

Thank you for taking the time to contact me.

Best wishes,

Bob

Bob Doris MSP

Dear The Huguenot,

That any section of society should have to be subjected to abuse or intimidation is absolutely unacceptable. The 'KAH' acronym is appalling and should not be tolerated. Any such graffiti or similar in our constituency please do report this to Police Scotland and I would also welcome it being drawn to my attention. As for my colleagues pursuit of combatting anti-Irish racism, that is an important matter to tackle also. The next time such matters are debated in Parliament I will ensure your concerns are raised.

I am not aware of the Daily Record investigation. However I would say that any investigations by an employer would quite rightly be free from political interference. Furthermore should anyone wish to complain about an individual for any matter they consider criminal in nature, they can do so directly to Police Scotland. However all such investigations take place without political interference.

Best wishes,

Bob

Bob Doris MSP
Dear Bob
If the above is the case how can you explain Humza Yousaf & James Dornan from your own party calling for prosecutions before it has even gone to trial regarding Rangers players and supporters?

Dear The Huguenot,

Best wishes,

Bob

Bob Doris MSP

Avoiding any commitment that the word Hun is sectarian. That’s what we’re up against.

I would return to him and ask directly for him to confirm that he and his party recognise the word Hun is a sectarian slur.

I am still waiting for a reply from my clown SNP MP.

Just received this. Now Waiting on a response from Sharon Downey.

Dear Distant Drum,

Thank you for your e-mail regarding the use of the word “hun” and its sectarian connotations. Please accept my apologies for the delay in responding. The Scottish Conservatives believe there should be a zero tolerance of any form of sectarian language in Scotland. Discrimination and hate in all its forms is a stain on society and we should all work to stamp it out. With that said, it does appear that the law around the use of the word “hun” is less clear cut than for other terms which have been judged to be sectarian.

On balance, my own view is that given the clear potential for this word to be interpreted as having sectarian associations it should be considered as unacceptable.

I will pass on your comments to my colleague, Jamie Greene MSP, who is the party’s justice spokesperson and better placed to explore this matter in more detail.

Please be assured that the Scottish Conservatives take the issue of sectarianism extremely seriously and will continue to push for greater efforts to eradicate it from Scottish life.

Once again, my apologies for the delay in responding.
Yours sincerely,

Brian Whittle MSP

Avoiding any commitment that the word Hun is sectarian. That’s what we’re up against.

I would return to him and ask directly for him to confirm that he and his party recognise the word Hun is a sectarian slur.

I am still waiting for a reply from my clown SNP MP.
They don’t want to “ lose “ using it and are frantically trying to find a way that it could be somehow “ allowed “ . This is what we are up against . It’s clear as day sectarian and hate speech , there’s no grey area, and yet we haven’t had a single MSP willing to state the fact . Sickening

Some comedians get away with off piste language because they are clearly comedians. She has no excuse in this regard.

Dear Distant Drum,

Thank you for your e-mail regarding the use of the word “hun” and its sectarian connotations. Please accept my apologies for the delay in responding. The Scottish Conservatives believe there should be a zero tolerance of any form of sectarian language in Scotland. Discrimination and hate in all its forms is a stain on society and we should all work to stamp it out. With that said, it does appear that the law around the use of the word “hun” is less clear cut than for other terms which have been judged to be sectarian.

On balance, my own view is that given the clear potential for this word to be interpreted as having sectarian associations it should be considered as unacceptable.

I will pass on your comments to my colleague, Jamie Greene MSP, who is the party’s justice spokesperson and better placed to explore this matter in more detail.

Please be assured that the Scottish Conservatives take the issue of sectarianism extremely seriously and will continue to push for greater efforts to eradicate it from Scottish life.

Yours sincerely,

Brian Whittle MSP
So we have the Scottish conservatives and the (only) Labour MP recognising it. That’s improvement. Target the greens and liberals if folk live in one of their constituencies (either WM or Holyroid).

Fair enough she is happy to progress.

My local MSP is Angela Constance, doubt worth even contacting her.....
And therein lies the problem. Without criticism of individuals including yourself, we need to hold them accountable more often on issues like this. The more we voice our opinions in a calm and measured way like the OP, they more they are accountable to our people. It also gives them enough rope to hang themselves and expose their own prejudices if they were to reply any differently. The reply to OP from Siobhan Brown was reasonable. Dornan or Constance may not be so much, but why should we not put them behind the 8ball on this issue and make them squirm a bit. If nothing else they'll be seething privately at having to reply to you in a professional way and not say what they really think.

I contacted mine also. Probably pointless as he's a rabid pedo club loving scumbag but if nothing else it will get under his skin.
Are there any out there that are at least impartial or not in favour of those scumbags?
Seems absolutely littered with them in every department

Dear Distant Drum,

Yours sincerely,

Brian Whittle MSP
Let him know a Cellic fan was done in court for having the word scribbled on his t-shirt on the night of the 2008 UEFA cup final.

Latest posts

Back