Using players incorrectly.

Northampton_Loyalist

Smith used to love a wee switch around on occasion and converted European cup winning defenders to full backs etc but he had a track record of getting something from his players and winning trophies.

How many of our side yesterday, and going back further, were clearly out of position or in an incorrect role when there were alternatives available? I was having a wee think and it is actually a fair number of the side.

Halliday at left back, but in fairness this was enforced and probably no better options
Cummings on his own up top AND being asked to hold the ball up with a good target man on the bench
Windass asked to play a floating 10 role but help out in midfield, with Dorrans on the park elsewhere
McRorie at CH instead of DM. Perhaps justifiable with only Cardoso to play CH?
Dorrans in a central deep lying midfield role with Goss and Docherty available and McRorie on the park

To me they were all poor choices, with better ones staring us right in the face. Almost half the players on the park were playing in a position where they are not at their best and all bar Halliday had decent choices to change it.

I could understand players being unhappy with it but the fact remains that the lack of spirit and fight has no excuses.

Smith used to love a wee switch around on occasion and converted European cup winning defenders to full backs etc but he had a track record of getting something from his players and winning trophies.

How many of our side yesterday, and going back further, were clearly out of position or in an incorrect role when there were alternatives available? I was having a wee think and it is actually a fair number of the side.

Halliday at left back, but in fairness this was enforced and probably no better options
Cummings on his own up top AND being asked to hold the ball up with a good target man on the bench
Windass asked to play a floating 10 role but help out in midfield, with Dorrans on the park elsewhere
McRorie at CH instead of DM. Perhaps justifiable with only Cardoso to play CH?
Dorrans in a central deep lying midfield role with Goss and Docherty available and McRorie on the park

To me they were all poor choices, with better ones staring us right in the face. Almost half the players on the park were playing in a position where they are not at their best and all bar Halliday had decent choices to change it.

I could understand players being unhappy with it but the fact remains that the lack of spirit and fight has no excuses.

I Have to agree with them all except McCrorie

He's supposed to be a centre back but has been hampered playing alongside the immobile waste of space that is RM

Back