Vaccine Passport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al The Bear 72

This is my first post,usually only have a nosey. Hopefully someone can help.

I have tickets for the Aberdeen game and taking my daughter to her first game. We live in Liverpool now so obviously buzzing to get up for a game.

Someone mentioned that if we had the vaccine in England, we would be denied entry. Is this the case? Would hate to miss it.

Thanks for any help

Last edited:

I have tickets for the Aberdeen game and taking my daughter to her first game. We live in Liverpool now so obviously buzzing to get up for a game.

Someone mentioned that if we had the vaccine in England, we would be denied entry. Is this the case? Would hate to miss it.

Thanks for any help
You won’t be potentially denied entry as long as you have proof of vaccination.

I've got tickets for sparta game end of november and I've had both jabs but guy I'm going with hasn't but has had covid recently so hoping we'll get away with proving that, we're coming up from York so long way to come to run into problems

I've got tickets for sparta game end of november and I've had both jabs but guy I'm going with hasn't but has had covid recently so hoping we'll get away with proving that, we're coming up from York so long way to come to run into problems
I think if he is asked he would be denied entry. He needs a Covid passport or exemption letter from the doctor as to why he can't get the vaccine. I don't think "I've had Covid before" will work or should work. Though it will most likely be spot checks rather than everyone being asked so always a chance he gets away with it.

Thanks for any help
With no vaccine passports in Denmark... are away fans allowed in on Thursday???

Asking for someone who has only one vax due to catching Covid but now clear.....they have to wait before being given their second jag. ??

With no vaccine passports in Denmark... are away fans allowed in on Thursday???
When boarding their plane to Scotland, they'll need to provide proof that they have taken a test, and that the result was negative. They may also be asked to provide proof of a negative test when they arrive in Scotland.
When we travelled to Holland the other week we couldnt get on the ferry until we had the same proof, and result checked the other end.

Ahh, this old chestnut. Wander if they will be checking everyone or doing spot checks on Thursday night?

Do kids need a passport? I'm taking my 12 year old son on Thursday night, but he's not been vaccinated yet.

I've downloaded and setup the app for myself, so hopefully we'll be ok

Thanks for any help
Use the English App to get your Vaccine Passports. You then have 3 options if asked to provide proof - load up the App and display the QR codes, in advance take a screen grab of your QR codes to save them to your Photos App and display then from there, or print out hard copies and produce those if asked.

You will get all sorts of advice about going to different turnstiles, being 'difficult' etc but, at the end of the day, you are double vaccinated and its easy for you to get the Vaccine Passport. The stress-free way to ensure entry to Ibrox is to do so.

I believe their target for checks is just 20% in any case.

Use the English App to get your Vaccine Passports. You then have 3 options if asked to provide proof - load up the App and display the QR codes, in advance take a screen grab of your QR codes to save them to your Photos App and display then from there, or print out hard copies and produce those if asked.

You will get all sorts of advice about going to different turnstiles, being 'difficult' etc but, at the end of the day, you are double vaccinated and its easy for you to get the Vaccine Passport. The stress-free way to ensure entry to Ibrox is to do so.

Great mate thanks.

I was going to ask this, has anyone who's been checked at the game been asked for ID or the name on the ST checked?
They only have authority to ensure that you can produce verification of vaccination in order to gain access to the stadium- not to check your identity - think about those with paper tickets or QR Codes and the time it takes to ensure both match up - would cause carnage outside the turnstiles

I downloaded the app weeks ago and have just checked it on my phone, it now says your covid status is no longer valid! FFS I have had the 2 jags plus the booster. HELP

I just hope it is not the club that suffer with some getting in without proof. I can just see the headlines in the rubbish rags about Rangers fans trying to get in without vaccination. Nothing of course will be said about any other club.

So after over a hundred attempts trying to download a passport I eventually fond a number to call .
Waited 20 mins got through and the exact same detail I entered into the online service they have found me and my details and jab dates confirmed.

Then they hit you with the news it can take 14 days for me to receive my paper passport.
It says on the website 5 days but no 14 days .... looks like I won't get in Thursday now.

Utter fkn shambles.

I downloaded the app weeks ago and have just checked it on my phone, it now says your covid status is no longer valid! FFS I have had the 2 jags plus the booster. HELP

Try downloading the certificate again. In England the Covid certificate is only valid for 1 month, presumably to reduce misuse. It’s easy enough to down a new version at any time.

So after over a hundred attempts trying to download a passport I eventually fond a number to call .
Waited 20 mins got through and the exact same detail I entered into the online service they have found me and my details and jab dates confirmed.

Then they hit you with the news it can take 14 days for me to receive my paper passport.
It says on the website 5 days but no 14 days .... looks like I won't get in Thursday now.

Utter fkn shambles.
Did they not give you a code that gets you online access to your details?
If so print off your own from there.

Stress free you say ... people my age ain't exactly computer savvy ... I've spent hours n hours entering my details uploading pictures of driving licence and passport and trying to take a crazy screenshot of my face this is mental. The camera goes at some crazy angles even though I am holding the thing straight at my face. It then tells you picture unrecognised try again and again and again and again. Fkn useless.
Somehow I stumbled across a number 119 called that and got a very helpful irish lady she gave me this number 0808 196 8565 called that and eventually I am getting a paper passport sent out within 14 days ... praying it comes before Thursday now.

Did they not give you a code that gets you online access to your details?
If so print off your own from there.
I've had more codes than James bond everytime I enter this code I get this username already registered try another .. mate I am not the brightest when it come to technology so maybe its me but its not straight forward for me.

I've had more codes than James bond everytime I enter this code I get this username already registered try another .. mate I am not the brightest when it come to technology so maybe its me but its not straight forward for me.
I'm the same mate
I did it today with a code that had my first name and part of my second name then a number. Do you have one like that?

I have tried several times to get the app but it won't recognise me for some reason. I have the pdf version on my phone will that be OK? I also have the paper copy but don't want to carry that everywhere.

I wouldnt worry too much about this to be honest, after all who is going to be enforcing it? i cant see some poor steward being all that keen in arguing the point with someone who hasnt got proof. The whole thing is an unmanageable shambles that is only being carried out because "just cos"
The wee shit on duty at the Hibs game at Copland front turnstile 7-8 will be in his glory - most definitely on a power trip by stopping us going in without proof of vaccination- he actually started shouting you’ll no get in at the hearts games and no excuses of phones not loading or anything will be accepted and you’ll no get in - he was proper raging at being told it was not needed until the 18th and no one will be denied access until then.
I Actually made him worse after I entered the stadium and shouted to him is this what you wanted to see as I held up my paper copy.

I have tried several times to get the app but it won't recognise me for some reason. I have the pdf version on my phone will that be OK? I also have the paper copy but don't want to carry that everywhere.
I actually made 5 copies of the paper version carry one in my wallet and have a photo of it on my phone as a backup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back