Vaccine passports, any update?

TN8

Didn't want to post in the other thread as it's become an absolute car crash...

But in 10 days time we've got a game at Ibrox which we were told we'd need a "vaccine passport" to attend.

Simple question is has there been any update or communication from the club, or anything further from helmet heid's diddy Parliament as to how this is going to work in practice? Assuming it's still going ahead?!

Don’t think so mate. Utter shambles.

Still think there will be a delay at least then an exemption available.

It will be dropped when the SNP have yet more bad news to bury.

The Humza DR leak controversy obviously came too early to dump the passports just yet but it won't be long until more drama comes along that needs a diversion.

If Celtic drop anymore points the country will probably go into lock down because the atmosphere would be toxic at the chamber of secrets.

If we drop anymore as well in the near future I suppose you could say the same for us :D.

Spot checks it’s going to be. There’s a certain target that needs hit.

I was going to get mine when I could but this has put me right off it funnily enough.
Who's said spot checks mate? Surely that's not practical and would lead to ridiculous delays outside?

I'm like the poster above, I've got my document downloaded with the QR codes on it - but nobody has said anything about what I'll need to do with it or who I've to show it to. Nothing at all. And we're 10 days away.

It's a fucking shambles.

Who's said spot checks mate? Surely that's not practical and would lead to ridiculous delays outside?

I'm like the poster above, I've got my document downloaded with the QR codes on it - but nobody has said anything about what I'll need to do with it or who I've to show it to. Nothing at all. And we're 10 days away.

It's a fucking shambles.
Did the joint response group not say they were happy with the Gov response with just spotchecks?

So say 1 in every 10 would be checked for example?

Did the joint response group not say they were happy with the Gov response with just spotchecks?

So say 1 in every 10 would be checked for example?
Haven't heard that myself but you could be right.

I'd question who would be doing the spotchecks in that case? A steward isn’t going to give a f*ck, and I'd imagine a few of them would just be told to piss off.

We need some sort of communication from Rangers and/or government if this is going ahead.

Last edited:
Am I right in saying that to get your passport, you need to use the app which will not be available in Scotland until 30 Sep?

That’s how it reads to me.
Available for download from September 30th.
Use of it brought in at 5am on October 1st.
That's just great, 2 days before our game!

With the amount of folk downloading there is no chance of everyone successfully accessing as it will no doubt crash.

SNP shambles as usual.

What about the “only vaccinated in Scotland” stuff they were saying. I’m double vaxxed but in England
You need the NHS Scotland vaccine app, not available to the English vaccinated as proof of double vaccination. She will hold off until the last minute before folding IMO, spent over a million for the app which we can’t get access to until a few hours before her passport rule comes into effect.

You need the NHS Scotland vaccine app, not available to the English vaccinated as proof of double vaccination. She will hold off until the last minute before folding IMO, spent over a million for the app which we can’t get access to until a few hours before her passport rule comes into effect.
Even if you have the NHS England app confirming both vaccinations? If so that is scandalous and anti England.

got my letters
Yeah but they are bringing out the NHS Scotland Covid Status App from 30 September, which will show a QR code for each vaccination.
(As opposed to the screen grab or letter currently available)
Should be quicker to scan than you getting your letter out :)) :cool: :eek:

Yeah but they are bringing out the NHS Scotland Covid Status App from 30 September, which will show a QR code for each vaccination.
(As opposed to the screen grab or letter currently available)
Should be quicker to scan than you getting your letter out :)) :cool: :eek:
Ssooooo, I take it each steward will have a Scottish health scanner to check Covid vaccine status on each individual they request proof of vaccine with QR code from?
Surely not just aye ok I’ve seen your vaccine papers- on you go

I got the letter from Health Scotland showing that I am double vaccinated but that is all I have.
The passport idea will get dropped, shambles of an idea.

It's a fucking shambles.
Humza said it last week

Still waiting on details of exemptions etc (don't want the experimental injections, come up from England for the games) hoping there will be easy loopholes/exemptions such as mental health opt outs as there are with masks (or the whole thing gets scrapped)

A week's notice is not ideal though.

I’ve now got QR code’s for my two vaccinations but no idea whether that’s all they need and there is no way in hell they are checking everyone going into the game.

It's a fucking shambles.
I am totally fizzing that I spent 22 years of my life going round the world putting my life on the line to stand up for freedoms only for the Scottish Gov to even contemplate id checks to go about my lawful daily life.

However I have been double jabbed and I have downloaded my papers and I will be ensuring at every home game I will offer up my papers very deliberately. I will not take no for an answer about presenting my papers. I might even go around and do it two or three times if the spot checks are outside the ground :shh:

That way I add to the stupid spot figures and others can avoid this abhorrent pointless policy. Once again I will fight for others freedom to go about their life unhindered.

I’m 67 had both vaccines and have no passport is it worthwhile me turning up.
Get one sent to you in the post mate

You can get a copy of your vaccine status by phoning the COVID-19 Status Helpline on 0808 196 8565.
They’ll send the COVID passport to your house address free

The helpline is open every day from 10.00am to 6.00pm.

Or order it online

Back