Vaccine Passports Going Ahead

dt17

The Jay Cartwright of FF
look at the cases graph at the top, it is on the way down and she is bringing this in from 1st October so another couple of weeks of drops happening while we can all go to the football/clubs/gigs without this 'passport':

fucking pointless

Doncaster has already said it’s unworkable in Scottish Football so i fully expect no more than spot checks at our grounds.
I can’t understand how this would work. Would Rangers just check the odd person and that’s it? Would the government put people there to ask for proof of vaccine?

No hint of irony at all there...

“Free from restrictions”

The requirement to show papers to get into a venue which was previously freely accessible is by definition a ‘restriction’.

I have no problem with the vaccines and am double jabbed but this is a step too far even for the Nats.

I can’t understand how this would work. Would Rangers just check the odd person and that’s it? Would the government put people there to ask for proof of vaccine?
Can only assume it would be our stewards checking randomly at the door?

Can only assume it would be our stewards checking randomly at the door?
That’s the only way I imagine it could be done without being a cluster fck for everyone. As Bowery says I doubt anybody will ever be asked. Let’s hope all it does is show people the type of government we have but I won’t hold my breath for that either.

Heard on TV that a some event 70,000 were in and checked without a problem.
Is it a matter of showing your phone or a bit of paper.
I hate the Nats and the witch but hopefully our fans will still get on OK. IF not double vax then that is a different and of course a matter of choice.
Football I would have though being outside should not be a great risk of passing on the virus but nightclubs would be different.
Until we can get enough to vote out this mob and the Greens we are stuck with them but lets not create any trouble for our club at the ground.

I hate the Nats and the witch but hopefully our fans will still get on OK. IF not double vax then that is a different and of course a matter of choice.
Football I would have though being outside should not be a great risk of passing on the virus but nightclubs would be different.
Until we can get enough to vote out this mob and the Greens we are stuck with them but lets not create any trouble for our club at the ground.
They need a plan for fans outside Scotland though as at the minute anyone vaccinated outside Scotland will not qualify! Discrimination in my opinion

I can see clubs like Motherwell,St Mirren St Johnstone etc keeping there attendances for the old firm visits to under 10k so they don't have to deal with the requirements of this nonsense.

What exactly is a "Vaccine Passport" is it something new ? Or is it just the letter/download you can currently get from NHS Scotland that shows your Vaccination status?

If Scottish football say that vaccine passports are unworkable, wee nippy will turn round and say that the crowds will need to be limited to under 10,000.

“Free from restrictions”

The requirement to show papers to get into a venue which was previously freely accessible is by definition a ‘restriction’.

I have no problem with the vaccines and am double jabbed but this is a step too far even for the Nats.

Amazing the amount of folk that class a two tier system that required vaccine passports as “getting normality back”.

They need a plan for fans outside Scotland though as at the minute anyone vaccinated outside Scotland will not qualify! Discrimination in my opinion
Kind of decks Scotland from hosting another major final. No foreign fans allowed?

No hint of irony at all there...

I don't know of any business that is welcoming of these passports.

Certainly not hospitality or entertainment, retail or anything.

Totally bewildered by this - the country needs to rise now and be the nation that stands against Nationalism.
So, before you can get a vaccination passport, you need a smart phone? How will those queuing to access food banks survive now? Free I phones?

FBS

Maybe nicola will supply everyone with free smart phones from the 1.1bn UK Gov NHS money that they are refusing to actually give to the NHS.

They are beyond dangerous now - they need fxxking chased.

FFS all this time in lockdown and all we needed was a QR code. What about those that are exempt? Aren't jabbed, dont need passport, at risk - can mix with others. Double jabbed, dont have passport, lower risk - cant mix with others. Where is the science?

So if a season ticket holder who has no intention of being vaccinated - it isn't mandatory remember - now has a season ticket which is useless to them. Who is going to compensate for the loss of the ticket? My view when a government tries to bring in something like this is that they are testing the water for the future, to see what they can get away with. The Nats are all about controlling the population, telling them what they cannot do and taxing the ordinary man and woman until they bleed. They are despicable.

See Neil Doncaster’s response.

Due to the alcohol ban in scotland we are completely different from any other nation due to the fact that the majority of fans make their way into the grounds 15-30 mins prior to KO. That won’t change unless they’re allowed a beer in the ground. So asking people to be in the stadium 2-3 hours before kickoff doesn’t work. Which is the only realistic way of having 50 or 60 thousand people checked.

Random checks is the only way it’ll work for Scottish Football.

I don't know of any business that is welcoming of these passports.

Certainly not hospitality or entertainment, retail or anything.

Totally bewildered by this - the country needs to rise now and be the nation that stands against Nationalism.

Maybe nicola will supply everyone with free smart phones from the 1.1bn UK Gov NHS money that they are refusing to actually give to the NHS.

They are beyond dangerous now - they need fxxking chased.
I’m still waiting on my kids free bikes and laptops first

If Scottish football say that vaccine passports are unworkable, wee nippy will turn round and say that the crowds will need to be limited to under 10,000.
Then surely the clubs can take the Govt to task over loss of earnings. She also won’t risk alienating herself from the tim vote or any mentalist 2 faced Rangers voters either. Never mind the tartan army

Then surely the clubs can take the Govt to task over loss of earnings. She also won’t risk alienating herself from the tim vote or any mentalist 2 faced Rangers voters either. Never mind the tartan army
I wish I had your optimism.
She is too arrogant to backtrack.

No one and I mean no one should download this app! Anyone stops you at the football and asks for it laugh at them and walk on by! Let’s see them policing this

It's easy. Just apologise in a dignified manner and all is well.

So, only people vaccinated here will be allowed access?
I would imagine a winnable court case would be launched by all sorts of groups.
Why oh why do the majority of sane individuals not see what this party is doing in it’s authoritarian rule of this once proud country?

I can see clubs like Motherwell,St Mirren St Johnstone etc keeping there attendances for the old firm visits to under 10k so they don't have to deal with the requirements of this nonsense.
Saw some discussion on a Motherwell forum where that seemed to be the suggestion. I noted at their game on Saturday that a large chunk of the Away stand is left unoccupied because the visiting team still seem to be changing in there and then coming down the steps onto the pitch behind the goal. If that remains the case they will easily be under 10k so this will not affect them.

As a sidenote, I see they have confirmed there will be no Away fans at Ibrox on Sunday. They are seeking permission to show the game in their club bars.

Back