Vaccine Passports Going Ahead

I hope Rangers put out a statement saying that after the past year, where 10s of thousands of fans were denied seeing their team lift its first title in a decade, that Rangers will not adhere to a policy that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever and will mean more fans miss out on getting a bit of respite from the ScoGov's inhumane policies.
I hope they don't. I hope they run a few token check on anyone who wants to offer up a C19 passport for a check for the few weeks before this is all kicked into the long grass.

I hope Rangers put out a statement saying that after the past year, where 10s of thousands of fans were denied seeing their team lift its first title in a decade, that Rangers will not adhere to a policy that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever and will mean more fans miss out on getting a bit of respite from the ScoGov's inhumane policies.
And take the proposed punishment that goes with it? That's not going to happen

So basically stewards can just say whoever they stopped had a passport and ones who don't must have slipped through, no way of scot gov confirming etc

Hopefully the stewards go easy and not some jobsworth :)

So basically stewards can just say whoever they stopped had a passport and ones who don't must have slipped through, no way of scot gov confirming etc

That’s about it - perhaps fans can offer up vax passes if they do desire.

It's coercion, blatant coercion.

People don't care because most are double jabbed so it doesn't effect them.

Tables will turn when said vaccine passports expire after 6 months and you have to take boosters infinitum in order to gain access to places.
It's appalling the way they are using this to split people and some are allowing it. I'm double jabbed but this coercion means I will NEVER carry a vaccine passport. They can stick their booster jab as well, I'm done. If it's deemed vital all would need checked for entry, if they're allowing spot checks then it can't be vital. Shower of bastards this SNP government.

Hopefully people will realise they’re just doing their job and will produce their vaccine paper if they can without being abusive.

It's appalling the way they are using this to split people and some are allowing it. I'm double jabbed but this coercion means I will NEVER carry a vaccine passport. They can stick their booster jab as well, I'm done. If it's deemed vital all would need checked for entry, if they're allowing spot checks then it can't be vital. Shower of bastards this SNP government.
So everybody was raging that they’d be checking everybody but now they’re not, that becomes the problem?

They do realise that venues will prob not bother too much with this and just blag it that they checked?

If they are checking - then hang back and progress when they are checking someone else.

Or get a copy of a mates and wave it under their nose.
I can’t see that many being checked or them being that strict but any semblance of sense seems to go straight out the window whenever anything to do with covid is mentioned to some people. Just remember the people who are doing checks aren’t actually the ones making the rules.

The only thing that would lead to is the club playing games behind closed doors and everyone being punished.

The only people "denied" access to the matches for this is those who have chosen not to get vaccinated, and like with many choices in life, people live with the consequences of their choices.

The only thing that would lead to is the club playing games behind closed doors and everyone being punished.

The only people "denied" access to the matches for this is those who have chosen not to get vaccinated, and like with many choices in life, people live with the consequences of their choices.
This 100%,

Its like they need to be seen to be doing something rather than nothing. And in their minds are justifying it by thinking they are making decisions for the greater good.

Its collective insanity
Personally I think it’s all just to push up the % of people vaccinated. There’s clearly a narrative built up that younger people don’t need to be vaccinated. That might be the case for the vast majority of them personally but if it keeps the vaccine uptake below a certain percentage it might mean the vaccine doesn’t reach the optimum threshold to create a barrier where it eradicates the virus or forces it to mutate to a less harmful strain so it can circulate freely.

Personally I think everybody is pushing for as high an uptake as possible to see how it works out as nobody really knows how covid will react. None of that means I agree with forcing people to have the vaccine and I certainly don’t trust the Scottish government but it makes sense to me in looking for a solution to a worldwide problem.

They have got to look like they are in charge. If the UK Government had said that the were going to introduce these apps in England, and Wales, Nippy's, SNP, would have said it was not needed in Scotland, just like the covid hospitals. Everywhere else in Britain they were Nightingale, here Louisajordan. New freeports, UK government is calling them Freeports, Nippy's SNP, Greenports. It's just an exercise by them to look like they actually know what they are doing. The taxpayers and people of Scotland suffer at the hands of the SNP's ineptitude, and unwillingness to work with the UK Government. I can't for the life of me, understand why people vote for this mediocrity. Rant Finnished, sorry folks.
I had a thought the other day about Nippy taking over running Scotrail.
Will she make another plunge in trying to take over British Transports Police Scottish division?

So I need to get this sorted by when?.. and how do I get one?

Havent read the full thread.

I’m absolutely fuming and angry This isn’t going to end well for nippy - she has implemented a draconian strategy of selection - why doesn’t she just get all non vaccinated to wear a yellow star at all times in public , after all this selection policy is heading towards a totalitarian state where all must comply or face persecution- I say this as someone who for my own reason have been double jagged but that decision was mine to take, I was not forced and this should not be used to discriminate and penalise through law those who for their own reasons do not want to be vaccinated - what next concentration camps to house the unvaccinated in order to protect the master race - a bit of a rant but tell me how close to this scenario are we getting in comparison to 1930s Germany

So say the requirements from the government are you need to ''spot check'' 1% of the attendees, that would mean 500 people getting checked at Ibrox. There could essentially be 49,500 folk there every 2nd week unvaccinated and spreading Covid.

The science but.

What about those vaccinated in England/NI/Wales whose passports won’t be accepted in Scotland because their vaccinations haven’t been carried out here?

So say the requirements from the government are you need to ''spot check'' 1% of the attendees, that would mean 500 people getting checked at Ibrox. There could essentially be 49,500 folk there every 2nd week unvaccinated and spreading Covid.

The science but.
Plus some of those that have been vaxxed may have Covid. Could be all 50k and this wouldn’t stop anyone getting in.

Plus some of those that have been vaxxed may have Covid. Could be all 50k and this wouldn’t stop anyone getting in.

There were plenty of looneys on here weeks ago backing everyone needing a vaccine passport because they wouldn't feel safe not knowing if the person next to them had been vaccinated or not.

Wonder if their giving up their season tickets now? :D

What about those vaccinated in England/NI/Wales whose passports won’t be accepted in Scotland because their vaccinations haven’t been carried out here?

They won't be rejected because they haven't been carried out here though will they?

Last I read they were working on all vaccines from the UK being fine.

Spot checks was the best we or the club could hope for, a cursory check at the odd person out of a thousand

The science but.
How dare you try and be sensible - this is about control and you will be controlled.

Thank t
So basically Just about everyone is to take it... I'm sorry but do people not have a choice in this matter whether they want to take it or not?

I have deep genuine concerns about this vaccine. I feel information is being withheld and covered up about it. There is a "yellow card scheme" hidden away on the government website where people can report any adverse reactions they suffer post vaccination...but hardly anyone I know has even heard of this "yellow card scheme"...never mind being able to report on it. This is seriously alarming for me, we'll never be able to see the full extent of the damage this is causing to people....and for this gene therapy, or mRNA shot, this has never been trialed on human beings up until the beginning of this pandemic. It just seems reckless behaviour to me.

Before anyone calls me an anti-vaxxer, I'm not...both of my kids have had their immunisations...vaccinations which have been around for years with years of data to back them up....this thing is nothing like that...in fact it's still on trial till 2023.

I question everything the media says about this, and I think them trying to downplay the seriousness of some of thess adverse reactions such as Myocarditis in young men is sinister.
thank you, thank you ,thank you , you’ve nailed it. Exactly the same feelings as you mate . I’m not an anti vaxer , I just don’t know enough about this vaccine, and I don’t trust what the politicians are telling us ( as they’ve never lied before have they!) Just so we’re clear, you get 1 jab then a 2nd jab then you need a booster all in the space of 9/10 months, but you can still contract the virus, you can still spread the virus to people who have been vaccinated, and this vaccine is only ( roughly a year old) so we don’t know all the data (good and bad ) and you want me to put into my body without know the long term effects? Is that about right?

Back