Vaclav Hladky

Hladky is a good keeper from what I’ve seen so if we can get him then I’d be comfortable with him being number two behind shagger.

Hopefully McCrorie gets another loan to a top division side to further his development before he gets a chance to be number one which looks likely in the medium term.

Regarding Firth, I’d imagine the management team don’t have the confidence in him to come in for a few games just yet if it was necessary. Perhaps he can maybe up his game a bit working with shagger every day.

A few people think that but he really isn’t. Makes masses of errors.

The only thing I can think of is that he looks like he should be a good keeper and he plays for the third best team so people have just assumed that he is.
I’ve assumed nothing every time I watch him in impressed,granted i ain’t seen him loads.

Hladky is better than Lewis, Lewis only ever turns up against us (like 90% of the rest of them)

Even FM20 knows this about Lewis, I had 20 shots on target and Lewis saved 19 of them. Took a penalty from Tav to win it 1-0. Their next match was against the Scum and he let 5 in....

McCrorie needs games whether thats in the SPL or down south. Hopefully getting 40 games means next summer he's ready to challenge to be no1

This st Mirren keeper looks good enough to keep AM on his toes

Joe Lewis is essentially a very poor mans Allan McGregor, has all the same shortcomings without the consistent shot stopping ability.

I don't know enough about Hladky to comment on him but if he's genuinely good with the ball at his feet in addition to being a good shot stopper like people are saying then he should play every week if he signs.

I've always liked the look of Hladky. Given us some frustration filled afternoons in his time. Worth a punt imo. No fee, lower wages than the man he's replacing in the squad.

Was funnily going to say that Goram struggled initially with this, but thought I’d get slaughtered! Theo Snelders is probably a good example of someone who maybe could have been better with us too.
This is true mate. Remember Goram saying it didn’t matter if he dropped a clanger at Hibs as he’d make 4 or 5 saves to make up for it, where as at us he had one save to make a match, and had to make it.

Work colleague of mine who is an ex pro player and a huge St Mirren fan reckons he is the best keeper he'd seen at St Mirren for decades and is the best in the premier league. From what I've seen of him, he does look pretty good to be fair.

Was funnily going to say that Goram struggled initially with this, but thought I’d get slaughtered! Theo Snelders is probably a good example of someone who maybe could have been better with us too.

I think you’re confusing Snelders with Ally Maxwell......

Hladky will be a decent backup and he’ll know himself that this is most likely Shaggers last season.

Actually think people are being very dismissive with this guy I think he's a no1 and not a alnwick back up type.

Looks the part and I think could be a very important signing as Shagger can't go on forever

I think you’re confusing Snelders with Ally Maxwell......

Hladky will be a decent backup and he’ll know himself that this is most likely Shaggers last season.
No defonetly Snelders. Did he not shit it during a game and not play.

Work colleague of mine who is an ex pro player and a huge St Mirren fan reckons he is the best keeper he'd seen at St Mirren for decades and is the best in the premier league. From what I've seen of him, he does look pretty good to be fair.

To be fair thats a bit like saying that pubs the best boozer in the gaza strip.

Actually think people are being very dismissive with this guy I think he's a no1 and not a alnwick back up type.

Looks the part and I think could be a very important signing as Shagger can't go on forever

Is he good enough to replace McGregor. Genuine question?

I've just had a look on a Leicester forum and this was the 2nd response to a Rangers fan asking about Bassey.

"He has pace and power and knows how to get forward. He is a very good Left Back and a decent CB. You're lucky to have got him."

McGregor fell below average in shots saved per shots faced this year.

Hladky was towards the top iirc

McGregor also conceded some shockers but was let off because he has saved us on so many occassions.

He had an average season by his standards.

Will be interesting to see how he comes back this coming season.

Hladky isn't someone I've paid much attention to. We were murder at St. Mirren early doors last season (Barišić winner) and at Ibrox.

He's 30 this year and has not managed 200 first team games. Given that scouts are trawling Europe I'd be asking why this guy ended up at St Mirren at this stage of his career. The best deal on offer in Paisley is 1500 quid a week. He's either shite or he needs a new agent.
Or maybe different football players develop and iron out flaws in their games at different ages and goalkeepers in particular develop later? Or you could be right and he's shite.

Initial view is he isn’t tall enough as a CD under the SG regime . SG Aldo said he is LB so I’d think that’s the position , standby left back .
Looks mostly a defender but I’m sure we can improve all sorts of parts of his game given he is 20 years old .
Welcome to The Rangers .
Bassey is 6'2.

He's a left back but not because of his height

McGregor's been a tremendous servant to us over the years but it's time he had sum proper competition, shouldn't be taking his place in team for granted, Hladky looks a good prospect.

Hopefully a late developer, only got an 18 month contract from St Mirren last year, 1 appearance for his previous club. would like to see him involved in the "easier" games at Ibrox so he gets some game time

St mirren fans saying he’s actually won the club points on his own with his saves and that’s good enough as their defence was terrible . He’d be a great signing plus it lets us get mccrorie out on loan hopefully to a good club as he’s rated in the top 50 best young gk in the world another year on loan then back to push hdlackey for the number 1 jersey next season

I will ask around. It's not well known news in Czech republic though.

If we're signing this dafty from St Mirren to sit on our bench couldn't we just use Andy Firth and promote a youth to fill the 3rd choice?

Because if McGregor gets injured on September 1st then we’re fucked.

Every top club now needs a properly capable 2nd choice keeper. Foderingham was a great no 2, I’d take Hladky as a replacement

No doubt McGregor made some howlers last year, his temperament was something that cost us on occasion, but in the main he saved us with some really crucial saves especially in Europe, he needs a wee bit of cooling down on occasions, but he's still the number 1.

We’ve had a really decent record of brining in goalkeepers and backups. I always wondered how influential Jim Stewart and now Colin Stewart are in the identifying of goalkeepers?

Back