Valencia for a city break?

I was out when we played Villareal. Beautiful city from what I remember! Can't remember a great deal about it though other than I want to go back

Mate and his wife went for a weekend break and loved it,I stayed an overnight there when we played Villareal,never seen much bar pubs.

The Holy Grail is there, tucked away in a wee back room in the cathedral.
Also the home of paella. If paella doesn't include produce grown around Valencia, they say it just rice with stuff in it LOL :D

Great bars and restaurants, very hot in summer but should be cooling down now.

Cracking city,been twice,easy to get around & as said they claim to have the holy grail in the Cathedral.
WATP

The orange trees used in Spain around places like Valencia and Orange Square in Marbella are of the ornamental variety. They taste rancid. LOL

The eating ones are entirely different and generally not grown in and around streets in the towns.

Great city, we went for New Year a couple of years ago- things off the top of my head worth doing:

• Get Paella at La Pepica it was fantastic- and also was Ernest Hemingway's favourite!
  • Drink some Agua de Valencia- watch out though its lethal!
  • Walk the river bed park
  • City of Arts and Sciences
  • Fallas Museum
  • Ceramics museum

Was there for a week in June.
Great city to visit.
The river bed area is great for walking, cycling etc.
Twenty minute journey on the bus, if you want to go to the beach.
Watch out for the thieving beggars though, keep your phone where you can see it.
One wanker tried to knock the wife's (no pics) phone.
Stopped him in his track, and told him to eff off.
He had a begging cup in hand, and a piece of cloth underneath it, which he tried to cover phone with, and then try to knock it.

Was there for the Rangers game a few years back. We went to the pub run by an American fella on his quiz night. For some reason we got banned from the quiz so left these premises and got lost from mates. Ended up having a snooze on a park bench and got wakened up by a chap trying to steal my shoes.

Therefore, advice to anyone going to Valencia is not to fall asleep on park benches. If you still want to do this, take a spare pair of shoes with you.

Stayed at the Holiday Inn the last time we played there.
Cracking rooftop pool,18th floor if you don't mind heights

Going at end of Sept for weekend break with the wife. Will check out some of the recommendations.

Was there in June for a few days. Very impressed. Great beach, plenty of culture, excellent nightlife and restaurants.
Hotel overlooked the unfinished stadium.

Went years ago with school for a football trip... was a nice place the mestalla was a class ground that we got to enjoy a champs league atmosphere at for their game against shaktar.

La fiesta de san Fermin, is a massive party held in the city over a few days in may I believe. By all accounts is something to behold .

The orange trees used in Spain around places like Valencia and Orange Square in Marbella are of the ornamental variety. They taste rancid. LOL

The eating ones are entirely different and generally not grown in and around streets in the towns.

Discovered this on the Villarreal trip. Nearly vomited :eek:

Never been but looking to move to Valencia region or Cartagena area next year. Decent properties at very good prices.

Went for the day trip when they beat us 3-0 a few years ago in CL. Beautiful city, would love to go back for a few days.

beautiful city, been twice one for the cl game and once for a city break. Plenty to see and do and the food/drink very good value

I was just there last week for La Tomatina.

Plenty to do in the city. Great beach about 25 mins away on the metro/tram. Beach area not overly touristy.

Public transport was very handy.

Back