Valetta v Dudelange fc (europa league)

Shkëndija

Yes they could play in their own ground but they played Valletta in the National Stadium

Wasn't that more to do with the fact they were playing in the CL though?

Could be wrong but I'm sure I read somewhere that all Luxembourgish teams in the CL automatically play at the national stadium?

Luxembourg (and Wales and the Faroe Islands) put 4 teams into UEFA club competition, at basically the same stage (give or take a qualifying round) as every country up to Croatia (ranked 16th).

The 4th best team in Luxembourg should, with all due respect to whatever Esch, not be playing european football.
As soon as you say that, you are accepting its right we play 4 qualifiers.

Wasn't that more to do with the fact they were playing in the CL though?

Could be wrong but I'm sure I read somewhere that all Luxembourgish teams in the CL automatically play at the national stadium?

Unless there has beena change then no

Last season they played their CL QR1 in their own ground in Dudelange

Don't know how simple a fixture reversal would be. Jeunesse Esch are scheduled to play a week on Thursday if they progress which could cause issues.

2558 but that might not all seats

Differange capacity is higher then the 1800 seats

Probably be lucky if we got 100 tickets if they tried to play our game at Differdange. I was at the progres vs Cardiff game and the main stand (only stand) was pretty much full of Progres fans. There’s no seats/standing area behind either goal at that stadium.

Our game will be played at the National Stadium.

Probably be lucky if we got 100 tickets if they tried to play our game at Differdange. I was at the progres vs Cardiff game and the main stand (only stand) was pretty much full of Progres fans. There’s no seats/standing area behind either goal at that stadium.

Our game will be played at the National Stadium.

Certainly cashed in 2 years ago by using the National Stadium

Surely they wont allow 2 games to go ahead in Luxembourg the same day?

Place is tiny and Dudelance is only 20 minutes away from Luxembourg city which is where everyone will be travelling to/staying.

My guess is rangers playing Tuesday or Wednesday if Fola Esch go out and there will be a fixture reversal if they go through.

Last edited:
would Dudelance not have priority like they had 2 years ago

Yes since they are domestic cup winners

It is the stadium S

Do they use the National Stadium like they did for Valletta or play in their own stadium in Dudelange?

If Fola Esch go out there’s nothing to stop Dudelange or us playing Tuesday Wednesday or Thursday they just can’t use the same stadium for 2 fixtures in 24hrs as UEFA rules state visiting team have access to the pitch 24 hrs before the match

If Fola Esch go out there’s nothing to stop Dudelange or us playing Tuesday Wednesday or Thursday they just can’t use the same stadium for 2 fixtures in 24hrs as UEFA rules state visiting team have access to the pitch 24 hrs before the match

My guess is Tues/Wed rather than fixture reversal or maybe that’s wishful thinking.

Correct and both games at the National Stadium

30th July - Progres v Rangers
1st August - Dudelange v Shkëndija

Correct and both games at the National Stadium

30th July - Progres v Rangers
1st August - Dudelange v Shkëndija

They could also use there own stadium on the Wednesday and we stay Thursday it’s hard to predict atm we might get a better idea if Fola Esch go out tomorrow 5pm KO in Georgia

They could also use there own stadium on the Wednesday and we stay Thursday it’s hard to predict atm we might get a better idea if Fola Esch go out tomorrow 5pm KO in Georgia

Dudelange have priority so they won;t moved to another day same as Europa FC of Gibraltar

We should have priority since we are a massive club with an enormous following with Stevie G as manager, whereas all the rest involved are wee diddy clubs.

:p

It’s a big advantage for us playing at home first - can effectively kill the tie with a 3/4 goal win. I can’t see the club rolling over and accepting a fixture reversal.

If Fola go out tonight I think Rangers will be more than happy being switched to the Tuesday for the second leg. More time for us to prepare / recover for Rugby Park.

Last edited:
From a purely selfish point of view, I hope Fola qualify and the fixtures are reversed. Means I’ll be back in the UK for the home leg. Also means we’re in Scotland before the Killie game and not away. Doubt it’ll happen though.

Hopefully Dudelange are forced to make their intentions clear in respect of their home tie today. It's already a short turnaround without these diddy mobs dragging their heels for the sake of a few hundred supporters.

Hopefully Dudelange are forced to make their intentions clear in respect of their home tie today. It's already a short turnaround without these diddy mobs dragging their heels for the sake of a few hundred supporters.

Get what your saying mate but it's not in Dudelange's interests to make sure we are thought of / considered. They will look after themselves and rightly so, I'd want us to do the same if that circumstance ever came up.

it doesn't help our fans but it's out of our hands (I'm saying that as someone who is looking to book up).

Get what your saying mate but it's not in Dudelange's interests to make sure we are thought of / considered. They will look after themselves and rightly so, I'd want us to do the same if that circumstance ever came up.

it doesn't help our fans but it's out of our hands (I'm saying that as someone who is looking to book up).

I was more meaning that UEFA should be forcing the issue given the implications any delay has on other clubs, including Progres are part of the same association. I agree it's not a concern for Dudelange.

I was more meaning that UEFA should be forcing the issue given the implications any delay has on other clubs, including Progres are part of the same association. I agree it's not a concern for Dudelange.
UEFA dont care about time scale for supporters

As soon as you say that, you are accepting its right we play 4 qualifiers.
I don't think so, it's more that such a low ranked country (48th out of 55) shouldn't have 4 entrants at all. Granted one of them has to play in the provisional qualifying round.

I don't think so, it's more that such a low ranked country (48th out of 55) shouldn't have 4 entrants at all. Granted one of them has to play in the provisional qualifying round.
An English or Spanish fan may feel entitled to tell you Scotland has no place having 4 clubs in.
We've contributed very little since Manchester, the mentally challengeds further back to Seville, and I think since 2000 you'd be luck if 2 teams out of 40 or 50 attempts even made a group stage.

Back