VAR Cannot Come Quick Enough

The issue with VAR is you will have people operating with similar or worse ability than the current refs. That's before you get into whether they would shite it off the poets to use it in our favour.
I am not for it,can you imagine a scenario in a vital old firm game,ooft. And who would govern it,personally I'm all for keeping as is because I doubt it would be more impartial.

When a referee admits that he clearly got a vital decision wrong then it’s time to start sanctioning referees and not giving them the easy option of hiding behind VAR

The first 5 minutes last night and the penalty decision should see Beaton demoted - and not just for a token game.

We were shocking in the second half and allowed Aberdeen to get back into the game. Maybe we deserved to drop points.

Beaton changed the course of the game by failing to do his job correctly. We deserved a penalty and certain Aberdeen players were lucky not to be booked earlier which would have made them think twice about their game.

Cheating ? I’m not sure.
Inept ? Certainly

So we have VAR and the referee adjudicating is Beaton. What do the blind on here think will happen? I include every cheating Scottish referee in this scenario.

Anyone seen Celtic’s winner last night?

I haven’t, but I’m reading there was a clear push by Griffiths, and if we had VAR, it would have been disallowed.
Just watched the highlights.

There was a push by Griffiths in the build up, and then another by Christie in the box. If it had been at the other end, it’d never have been allowed.

Find myself saying this again.

Im not sure if we’d have scored in extra time but with VAR the game would still be being played...

All the usual suspects say we will be shafted by it but they can’t shaft us on decisions as clear cut as like that.

We have just lost to an offside goal that was their only shot on goal. Our penalty would have been retaken as lurch was three steps of his line too. We can all moan that we would be shafted by it but in certain circumstances like today it’s black and white.

All the usual suspects say we will be shafted by it but they can’t shaft us on decisions as clear cut as like that.

We have just lost to an offside goal that was their only shot on goal. Our penalty would have been retaken as lurch was three steps of his line too. We can all moan that we would be shafted by it but in certain circumstances like today it’s black and white.
If their goal is ruled out there’s no peno etc, Alfie was lucky to be on the pitch and we should of scored about 4 by HT. Gutted

We would have had a penalty and their goal wouldn't have counted. It's badly needed for finals like this.

1 more penalty for us, Morelos penalty retaken. Mhanks never score.

As well as a penalty against Aberdeen.

That’s what VAR gives us.

If their goal is ruled out there’s no peno etc, Alfie was lucky to be on the pitch and we should of scored about 4 by HT. Gutted

Right I get that. I’m not a moron.

Taking the incidents individually both are directly effected by var and in our favour both times.

You want VAR in Scotland? There’s only one team that will benefit.

waste of time and money.

Yep. I’d pay for it myself if I could afford it.

Whilst the officials are biased and incompetent they’re dining out on ‘oh well I didn’t see it like that’.

Regardless of who is the VAR, that offside goal is never given.

A whole load of nope, today you had the BT @official' saying Broon kicking Alfie wasn't a penalty.

Would make no difference, would still be manned by tits.

A whole load of nope, today you had the BT @official' saying Broon kicking Alfie wasn't a penalty.

Would make no difference, would still be manned by tits.

The BT Official also said their goal shouldn’t have counted...

So it would still have called a penalty wrong then?

So what you’re telling me is that because VAR would only get 1 out of those 2 specific points right, that you’d rather have a system of officials that got 0/2 right?

Okay then mate.

So what you’re telling me is that because VAR would only get 1 out of those 2 specific points right, that you’d rather have a system of officials that got 0/2 right?

Okay then mate.

I do not have confidence that a referee/ monitor/ whatever making the call would have called that offside.

You are assuming that VAR would be fair when it will just be more corrupt officialdom. There is no even playing field for us innScottish football.

I do not have confidence that a referee/ monitor/ whatever making the call would have called that offside.

Live on TV, in front of millions, that offside goal does not get given. VAR makes referees accountable to the TV audiences and not just their small wee sad bastard club where they rate each other on their performances.

It goes up on big screens in the stadium with clear lines showing it offside. They cannot hide from it. The goal doesn’t get given. Simple

Live on TV, in front of millions, that offside goal does not get given. VAR makes referees accountable to the TV audiences and not just their small wee sad bastard club where they rate each other on their performances.

It goes up on big screens in the stadium with clear lines showing it offside. They cannot hide from it. The goal doesn’t get given. Simple

How is that working with all the wrong decisions down south?

Don’t be utterly brain dead. He and others are half a body offside. They can’t draw squiggly lines and make player on/off.

The funny thing for me is I am clearly accustomed now to VAR as I was strangely chilled on the replay thinking very briefly “this won’t count” before realising we play in a back water.

Last night was defining for me.

I despised everything VAR is doing to the game down south, but always had the nagging ‘what if’ we were denied a stonewaller in a big game, would it change my mind.

On balance, I’d still rather keep it away from our game.

Not having it cost us a cup and could have still had us level with them. Plus their winning goal on Wednesday would have been ruled off.

Just don’t understand this mentality of keeping technology out of our game.

We need VAR ASAP! We were robbed by poor officials!

This game was ruined by a blind linesman unable to spot 3 players offside.

Very poor advert for Scottish football, embarrassing in fact.

Even if they just have VAR for cup finals it would be a step in the right direction. As per the below article VAR costs £5k per match, that is a relativley small investment for having a final that has a just result.

Not having it cost us a cup and could have still had us level with them. Plus their winning goal on Wednesday would have been ruled off.

Just don’t understand this mentality of keeping technology out of our game.

Trying to see this from an imperial POV:

The tinpot clubs can’t afford it.

Don’t be utterly brain dead. He and others are half a body offside. They can’t draw squiggly lines and make player on/off.

Far from brain dead, thanks. Have you missed the compliance officer ignoring or dismissing multiple incidents involving them? You are assuming that the incident would even get called for a review.

The referee informs the VAR, or the VAR recommends to the referee that a decision/incident should be reviewed.

You are assuming that VAR would be fair when it will just be more corrupt officialdom. There is no even playing field for us innScottish football.

exactly, Craigan calling out the BT video ref after the blatant foul by Mong on Morelos.
VAR will be bad for us

Far from brain dead, thanks. Have you missed the compliance officer ignoring or dismissing multiple incidents involving them? You are assuming that the incident would even get called for a review.

And you’re ignoring the fact that every goal is automatically checked by VAR, just to suit your agenda.

Again we would be relying on the monitor calling it out, no?

If you genuinely think that live on TV, in front of millions, that both the VAR and referee say that goal is onside, you’re delusional.

Sorry mate but even in the corrupt Italian league that wouldn’t happen.

All goals are called for review. It’s not even debatable ffs.

If you genuinely think that live on TV, in front of millions, that both the VAR and referee say that goal is onside, you’re delusional.

I'll agree to disagree mate, as Coza said we play in a footballing backwater, and there is not chance that VAR would lead to impartial decision making.

Not to mention they can’t just suspend the “all goals are reviewable” for their team.

I’m not even sure the Germans in Escape to Victory would attempt to count their goal today with VAR.

Every goal is checked but, the facts are still ignored to benefit certain teams
Liv-City-VAR-1.png

The use of VAR hasn’t been great but you’re spot on. Their goal doesn’t stand today. All we ask for is consistency and a level playing field.

Look the English game which is 10 X superior to ours has seen fit to invest in and implement the VAR system. Who the fuckarewe to say its not for us ?

Look the English game which is 10 X superior to ours has seen fit to invest in and implement the VAR system. Who the fuckarewe to say its not for us ?

We play in a country that ignores the systematic abuse of children on religious and club loyalty grounds. And you think you would get impartial decision makers?

An unpopular opinion, I know, but VAR does not get that penalty call last night wrong and would have overruled Cheatin' Beaton.

For all it's numerous faults, it will remove the ridiculous decisions that are made in Scotland.

(Disclaimer: we were shit and deserved not to win anyway, but refereeing in Scotland needs to be addressed!)

Edit: bumped from Thursday. 2 games in 5 days that would have had different outcomes if we had VAR.

With VAR, the officials cannot hide behind ‘well I didn’t see it’. That offside goal does not get given. End of.
Can't afford full time officials
Can't afford goal line tech
Can't afford multi ball ffs
VAR aint coming anytime soon

Back