VAR in operation for remainder of Europa league

Albert left peg

As per title, I believe that VAR is in use for the rest of the tournament, hopefully it'll correct the horrendous pen decisions we have had against us in games v yb (away) feyenoord (away) and yb (home).
All obv pens, all fouls on the Buff.

You just know that if this is true, we won't benefit from it. It'll just be our luck that all of those pens and offside goals we should have had won't happen and we'll end up being on the receiving end of one from the opposition. I've watched Rangers long enough to know how our luck goes.

As disappointing as them scoring tonight was, (another kick in the chuckies) job done.We qualified for the last 32 where we will be up against some formidable opposition.We financially have made a nice wad, anything on top of this will now be a bonus.
Dave King hinted that more will be going out, than coming in, in January, but the summer could be massive.Let’s hope it will give us better assault at trying to get into the CL group stages.But for now.Well done SG mgmt and players for taking through to the next stage in Europa.
Now it’s on to Motherwell on Sunday and let’s get three points there.

You just know that if this is true, we won't benefit from it. It'll just be our luck that all of those pens and offside goals we should have had won't happen and we'll end up being on the receiving end of one from the opposition. I've watched Rangers long enough to know how our luck goes.
Exactly. If it wasn’t for bad luck we’d have none at all

Was just about to post the same you know we will get nothing when if it was in play we would have had a few pens at least

As disappointing as them scoring tonight was, (another kick in the chuckies) job done.We qualified for the last 32 where we will be up against some formidable opposition.We financially have made a nice wad, anything on top of this will now be a bonus.
Dave King hinted that more will be going out, than coming in, in January, but the summer could be massive.Let’s hope it will give us better assault at trying to get into the CL group stages.But for now.Well done SG mgmt and players for taking through to the next stage in Europa.
Now it’s on to Motherwell on Sunday and let’s get three points there.
Are you on the right thread:)

I could be totally wrong here but I thought I heard a commentator in one of the other games say VAR would only be in use for the final.

We're not used to it so the players need warned on their behaviour. It would have benefited us in games so far this season in Europe but knowing our luck it'll go against us next time out.

Be careful what you wish for.
With the continuing trend of RC compliance officers fucking us over, do we really want 3 of the fuckers sitting around a telly?
There is no reason we shouldn’t use the same center as the EPL and their officials!!

I could be totally wrong here but I thought I heard a commentator in one of the other games say VAR would only be in use for the final.

Last year this was the case , this season it’s from knockouts onwards.

This is what I came on to post.

Be careful what you wish for.
With the continuing trend of RC compliance officers fucking us over, do we really want 3 of the fuckers sitting around a telly?

The on field decisions would be better I believe, especially ones that are being broadcast on sky, bt or premier sports

My first thought. It'll bite us on the arse, nothing surer. Must be the Presbyterian in me.

People crying about a possible VAR always amuse me

Think about it

1) Give against Rangers without VAR. "why did you not give them that decision", "I never saw it clearly, it was too fast"
2) With VAR, give against Rangers. "why did you not give them that decision, you saw it in slo mo from 3 different angles" , "erm........." - removed from VAR

Plus, if we implemented VAR, would be a central office, likely in England with the same guys doing the EPL, you better believe they are knocking the SFA/SPL door after last Sunday

If it was there last night we would’ve got a penalty and probably out of sight by half time.
On the flip side, young boys could have had a claim against Katic when the ball came off his arm and also when he pulled the young boy players shirt in the box, we've all seen them given when VAR is being used.

I think now that it's being used in the last 32 there will be more protests from teams for incidents knowing it can be reviewed, difference without it is players know if referees don't give anything there is nothing they can do, expect a rise in protests from teams now it's being used in the last 32, It can work for you but can also work against.

My very thoughts.

VAR is only as good as the officials using it and can equally go against us, we won't be used to it. Things like Katic's shirt pull and handball on Thursday.

Not to mention lady luck seems to enjoy shiteing on us from a great height

VAR is only as good as the officials using it and can equally go against us, we won't be used to it. Things like Katic's shirt pull and handball on Thursday.

Not to mention lady luck seems to enjoy shiteing on us from a great height
well it would have given us a few penalties ie against yb , fyenoord and porto away

Back