VAR In spl

Yet again held back by the mickey mouse clubs who complain about not having the kind of budgets rangers and celtic have.

VAR when the SPFL doesn’t even have professional referees? Only way it’ll happen is if UEFA deem its needed in top divisions or if the SFA pay for it imo. Scottish clubs won’t want to pay for it. Some don’t even want to pay for a grass pitch!

It’s a pain in the posterior but it might help with the cheating and incompetence in the SPFL.

Wouldn't go near it a ball would be over the line you could see it was over the line and if it doesn't suit their narrative they would still say it didn't and say let's move on.

Var needs binned imo, it solves nothing, moves the argument down the road a bit, and holds the game up. Refs can make mistakes, sure, but so can var. Solves bugger all.

It just needs changed to a "challenge" system. 1 per half for each team. Easy.

What? So it's Clancy reviewing the decision. Do you really think this would benefit us?
Fact is our game cannot afford 6 brand new balls per game. Do you really think we can afford another official at every game plus all the technology?

Hamilton v Livy draws a crowd around 2 thousand. They don't have big screens to show these unfortnates what's happening on the review.

No chance we'll get CAR.

It's not down to one judge though, it's 3 people in separate rooms and if they make the "wrong" call its their for everyone to mock.

As I've said the league makes multi millions every season that's where the money comes from

No excuses why it shoudntybe implemented

"we can't afford VAR"

They have it at UK Ice Hockey games where they have 2-3k spectators, no TV money and rely on raffling jerseys at full time and chuck-a-puck between periods to keep themselves afloat

Think about the best moments you've had supporting Rangers.

Now think about how many of them would have been ruined by waiting 60 seconds for a VAR check before you can celebrate.

Fully against VAR, spend the money on making the refereeing setup professional.

Think about the best moments you've had supporting Rangers.

Now think about how many of them would have been ruined by waiting 60 seconds for a VAR check before you can celebrate.

Fully against VAR, spend the money on making the refereeing setup professional.
Think about 4 players being offside for a "goal" that settled a cup final!

Think about a throw in being awarded to the wrong side that led to "goal" that settled a cup final!

What percentage of goals are delayed due to VAR? Very very low I'd imagine.

No excuses why we don't implement a system that improves the sport

Think about a throw in being awarded to the wrong side that led to "goal" that settled a cup final!

Agreed. That's not a strong enough argument against it. We'll just have to get used to it as fans.

Scottish refs want it... that tells you everything. It gives them the chance to double check their corruption or bent decisions just incase they missed something like say a soft penalty claim against us or the chance to show even more reds to our players.

See this idea that you stick boaby madden in front of a tv screen and he stops looking at 99/100 incidents from the Celtic/media/Rangers hater... pov... it has to be the most absurd thing ive seen posted on here.

VAR is only thing that could actually make things even worse for Rangers. If we played in another country or league yeah magic, in europe its fine, in Scotland it will be corrupted.

Scottish refs want it... that tells you everything. It gives them the chance to double check their corruption or bent decisions just incase they missed something like say a soft penalty claim against us or the chance to show even more reds to our players.

See this idea that you stick boaby madden in front of a tv screen and he stops looking at 99/100 incidents from the Celtic/media/Rangers hater... pov... it has to be the most absurd thing ive seen posted on here.

VAR is only thing that could actually make things even worse for Rangers. If we played in another country or league yeah magic, in europe its fine, in Scotland it will be corrupted.

Gerrard and Rangers have openly said they want it implemented ASAP.

Celtic said no and fought against it . Celtic were in a tiny minority of clubs who said no at the meeting of clubs and referees last year.

What does that tell you ? Celtic are delighted with the status quo and do not want anything to interfere with that or something that gives referees actual evidence to lean on rather than just their rabid demands during matches,

If it came in then Clancy has already as good as told us it will be used to pick every fine detail in any Rangers incident

Gerrard and Rangers have openly said they want it implemented ASAP.

Celtic said no and fought against it . Celtic were in a tiny minority of clubs who said no at the meeting of clubs and referees last year.

What does that tell you ? Celtic are delighted with the status quo and do not want anything to interfere with that or something that gives referees actual evidence to lean on rather than just their rabid demands during matches,

I dont remember Gerrard saying it but i guess he probably would in his position after some shocking decisions he would be thinking it might force some honesty out of them. Goal at the cup final which was offisde for example. He absolutely knows the refs are bent though thats a fact so he would still be concerned about whos involved, how it works. The board i dont take too seriously on this stuff as we are so weak or scared about media reporting and maybe also the fact they would upset some loyal fans that spend a lot £ and like to support the refs too.

At the moment tims will be fine letting the refs get on with it i dont think that means they will never want var at some point a big call will not go their way and they will go mental, sack young ref that isnt a cheat bring in video replays.

You didnt tell me why the refs want it ? do you agree with the statement by the club and what seems to be their view that the poor guys need help doing to do an impossible job ?

I say they are biased, corrupt and completely dishonest, thats the problem not tv replays, fitness, training, standard, eyesight....the fact they see what they want to see is our issue.

I dont remember Gerrard saying it but i guess he probably would in his position after some shocking decisions he would be thinking it might force some honesty out of them. Goal at the cup final which was offisde for example. He absolutely knows the refs are bent though thats a fact so he would still be concerned about whos involved, how it works. The board i dont take too seriously on this stuff as we are so weak or scared about media reporting and maybe also the fact they would upset some loyal fans that spend a lot £ and like to support the refs too.

At the moment tims will be fine letting the refs get on with it i dont think that means they will never want var at some point a big call will not go their way and they will go mental, sack young ref that isnt a cheat bring in video replays.

You didnt tell me why the refs want it ? do you agree with the statement by the club and what seems to be their view that the poor guys need help doing to do an impossible job ?

I say they are biased, corrupt and completely dishonest, thats the problem not tv replays, fitness, training, standard, eyesight....the fact they see what they want to see is our issue.

Gerrard was interviewed last season after the meeting and it’s clear in that interview our clubs view and his, in it he says referees want it as it gives them additional support . Think of it this way that cup final we were robbed , goes to VAR and the right decision is made and it changes the game . Even if they still missed the offsides after a VAR check, the referee then feels less pressure as he didn’t make the call. So it’s obvious why referees would want it implemented . It’s being abused down south to the nth degree I agree but a condensed version of VAR would undoubtedly help us from decisions made by frightened referees who don’t give us any 50/50s for fear of being hounder by separate entity fc and their followers.

Imagine the mess our officials could create if they were given access to VAR.

It actually boggles my brain that some of our fans would want to give such access to shitebags like Clancy...

The opposite is true.

Gerrard was interviewed last season after the meeting and it’s clear in that interview our clubs view and his, in it he says referees want it as it gives them additional support . Think of it this way that cup final we were robbed , goes to VAR and the right decision is made and it changes the game . Even if they still missed the offsides after a VAR check, the referee then feels less pressure as he didn’t make the call. So it’s obvious why referees would want it implemented . It’s being abused down south to the nth degree I agree but a condensed version of VAR would undoubtedly help us from decisions made by frightened referees who don’t give us any 50/50s for fear of being hounder by separate entity fc and their followers.

Yeah i do agree Gerrard prob would say give it go and the tims dont need at the moment.

I think Gerrard was set up by the sfa given the sad/shameful stories about fans(timothy) attacking the guys or how everyone is working harder to improve standards, no one means to make mistakes happens everywhere. Was a lot of shite but left our manager little option but to defend the refs or at least have sympathy for them when you hear what they deal with in Glasgow(timothy) theres also shameful media coverage when tims lose a big fixture.

Its not 50/50 decisions though mate its often quite clear calls. We should have had a penalty at Aberdeen simple decision. Ref was just as close to it as he would have been by the side of the pitch watching VAR or in the wee bunker they use in rugby league. Made no difference its Madden, its Rangers, watch 100 times its no penalty. Other end not need for VAR penalty.

Cup final i think we could/would have got that 1 with VAR problem is people ignore the thousands of other incidents which happen out on the pitch over a season, Alfie for example would pick up a few more red cards and Celtic would probably get even more penalties. Id expect Craig Thomson would also be involved Celtic wont agree without him or someone like him in the tv room.

Loads of goals are delayed due to VAR. Every time it has to be used, there's a delay.

If you want to implement something to improve the refereeing standards, make them full time professionals instead of part-time referee, part-time teachers or some shit. Pay for professionals and you'll get professionals.

Will likely give a far better return that VAR will. VAR, as you will have noticed, still makes the wrong decision very often.

Back