VAR on Thursday V Braga

Bknowe

How do we see this going?

Given our requests to see it implemented in Scottish Football, will it help our case in terms of getting decisions right or will we be Clancy'd by it?

I bet you we get a goal chopped off or a pk given against us etc due to it.

Given how many times we have been shafted domestically in a situation VAR clears up - Murphy’s law dictates we get fucked on Thursday night by VAR.

Given how many times we have been shafted domestically in a situation VAR clears up - Murphy’s law dictates we get fucked on Thursday night by VAR.

I have this sinking feeling about it myself.

I suppose it will be down to how its being used. Hopefully not the same way as in the EPL as there have been some crazy decisions from it.

You cannot get shafted by VAR. It makes the right decisions.

But i think every rangers fan on the planet knows it will be used in a way that either disallows us a goal or gives an opportunity for a Braga to get one on thursday, its the Rangers luck.

As annoying as that would be, it would only strengthen the argument to have it domestically.

As an aside I think the standard of officiating has been diabolical throughout our EL campaign so, this is definitely welcomed.

You could write the script already with a harsh decision given against us

Morelos will need to be well drilled beforehand there is getting away with funny business when VAR is concerned

My main concern is the break up of the flow of the game. I've spoken to someone who was at a la Liga game in the Bernabeu and he said the wait while they check is horrendous.
The decisions should be correct. I'm hopeful it will be better than the EPL.

Personally I welcome this and look forward to it being used without bias.

As we all know, one club (we all know which one) is dead against this being implemented in Scotland since they know it would mean they would get less "50-50" decisions.

I'm looking forward to experiencing it. It may change the celebrations at goals but will bring it's own excitement as well.

I think it's essential we get it in our league too. I believe we would still be firmly in the title race if we did.

I like var but think it should be limited to 2 challenges per team, means teams. Would save them for big claims. Can't imagine it will change Thursday much

The use of the technology in Scotland falls over for me when you realise it will be the same incompetent/biased (you decide) officials that will essentially be making the decisions.

I like var but think it should be limited to 2 challenges per team, means teams. Would save them for big claims. Can't imagine it will change Thursday much
I hate it but looks like it's here to stay. I agree on the two challenges but the ref to check the sideline monitor before it goes to the VAR official. And the manager given a full explanation on the final decision.

The use of the technology in Scotland falls over for me when you realise it will be the same incompetent/biased (you decide) officials that will essentially be making the decisions.

That same thought has gone through my mind. I would not want Clancy or Beaton anywhere bear VAR as decision makers.

I'm a big fan of var, but you just know after some of the decisions we have had against us recently that one of Morelos' hairs are going to be longer than the others and it'll take a goal back for offside.

In countries that were actually trying to improve the sport in the country and not keep it in the stone ages, two of their countries top teams having var in their games would be taken in with interest to see what it looks like domestically and how it could improve the game. Instead people will just put their fingers in their ears while they're more than happy to allow teams to break the rules in order to score, elbow, kick and make bad tackles multiple times a game because it gives them a better chance of getting a result against us all while referees just watch on

Back