VAR Penalty Claim

Was it a penalty?

• Yes

Votes: 565 64.6%
  • No

Votes: 310 35.4%

• Total voters
It's a penalty twice. I can't believe anyone can honestly look at that and think otherwise.

Hits smack bang between his elbow and shoulder - and even if you think that's your upper arm, it looks like there's contact with his fingers initially on the way down.

I’m sure you’ll be in the minority here.
For me, I thought he was one of the best I’ve seen and everything Scottish referees aren’t.
I thought he was clueless tbh.
At one point in the second half he gave them advantage, I could be wrong but I think it was the foul that Goldson was booked for, straight away one of the fouled player's teammates picks it up unopposed, and then makes the decision to try and play a long through ball which Sands intercepts, and then he blows and gives them the free kick. For my mind he's given them the advantage which they wasted, and then given them the foul as well. I could understand if he had brought it back for the free kick had their player not been unchallenged and in plenty of space, but to handle that situation the way he did was a joke for me.

I thought watching replays at the time, the ball hit his hand on the way in initially and he cushioned it onto Goldsons head.
His hand is straight then when ball hits it the fingers bend.
Two penalties?
His extended arm just makes it look even more of a stick on.

Why VAR won’t work in this country. 291 Stevie Wonders!

The OP and then Eidwerd showed in graphic detail that it was a penalty.
Has to be clear communication on why a VAR decision was reached and this needs to be relayed to the crowd.

I understand last night the ref touched his shoulder as if saying that's where the ball hit. That's wrong for a start as the ball hits the back of the defenders arm around the sleeve line, and doesn't explain the handball before Goldson's header.

Didn’t think it was a penalty in slow motion last night as I believed the sleeve was exempt.

it’s a penalty if that graphic is correct in OP.

Again, according to the rules, although his arm is up there it isn't making his body unnaturally bigger. If you chopped his arm off the ball is hitting his shoulder so it wouldn't have gone towards the goal.

Don't get me wrong, I'd happily have taken a penalty for it but in this case it appears Var got it right (as per the rules)
If you chop his arm off the ball will progress towards the goal. I.e. it hit his arm.

giphy.gif
Actually, seeing that, did it hit his hand on the way down?

It’s incredibly close

It comes down to whether or not the official determines it hit his arm below the allowed level and it’s extremely tight

Some angles look more favourable than others

Some days you get them, some you don’t even with VAR - it’s such a tight call
It hits his hand before Goldson heads it...
This is a penalty all day long.
Let's hope it gets "evened out" next week.

Looks like he tipped the ball even before Goldson headed it off his upper are.WTF was his arm doing away up there in the first place:oops:
So much for that VAR that was going to be the answer to all our bad calls.:p
Also remember the goal we got disallowed by VAR last year when the ball brushed Barasic hand?

It seemed like it touched his hand then top of arm!?. I thought it was a Pen.... just hope next week they don't get away with their dramatic diving

It's a penalty, arm is in unnatural position, check position of other arm that shows extended arm was no longer being used to gain height. Rule was changed to armpit for this season and not shirt sleave so penalty on location. Only thing is distance ball travelled but counter to that i think it is a deliberate attempt to increase silhouette so penalty.

Back