VAR Set to be introduced within weeks

It will just take twice as long to confirm the wrong decision. It’s the subway loyal I feel for. There going to miss the last train

I’ll put money on honest or not that a VAR decision will costs us, we’ll be the first to be impacted! Sod’s law that with decisions we’ve had when VAR would’ve benefitted us, we’ll get one that’ll go against!

I thought it was a bit unusual that we had away matches at Livingston, Hibs, Celtic, Aberdeen, Hearts and Motherwell in the first round of games - all grounds that we've struggled at in recent months. Then I remembered it's a totally random computer-generated fixture list.
Not really as we meant to have them in the 1st round of fixtures we had them at home last season in the 1st round of fixtures the fixture flips each season

It’s not, and it never has been

There are certain fixed points, for example Derbies around New Year, but generally the fixtures reverse pre split. So you might play a different order, but you should receive 2 home and 1 away against the opposite 6 teams from the season before

Obviously the team relegated plays into that slightly too
But don’t forget a fixture where no fans are in attendance can be put back suggests these fixed points are not considered as computer generated or indeed a fixed point in the fixture list particularly when the home team go public at the thought of not playing in front of fans before fixtures are released

I thought VAR was sportscene and the "compliance officer"? Imagine Introducing something as major as VAR after several games of the season have already been played. Proper tinpot Scottish football.

It will be run by them like the league so just as disohonest.
No it won't as all clubs will be able to view so career ending if anyone was to cheat the system.
Do you actually think a VAR official will look at the lines for offside at a goal and cheat knowing both clubs can see it?
It will reduce any cheating by the officials ON the pitch.

But don’t forget a fixture where no fans are in attendance can be put back suggests these fixed points are not considered as computer generated or indeed a fixed point in the fixture list particularly when the home team go public at the thought of not playing in front of fans before fixtures are released
It’s fixed in the sense that’s the planned date every year

Not fixed in the sense it MUST be played that day

VAR should not be introduced until the same amount of fixtures have been played home and away.

Spot on.
So we should risk Collum or Clancy fùcking us over in the meantime, just because we've not played Killie away?

It should be from the start of the league or nothing at all.

It’s like changing the rules Half way through a season.
I kind of agree, but it shouldn't be changing any rules it should hopefully mean the actual rules are implemented properly, although with Scottish football you know we will somehow make the biggest arse of it possible!

No it won't as all clubs will be able to view so career ending if anyone was to cheat the system.
Do you actually think a VAR official will look at the lines for offside at a goal and cheat knowing both clubs can see it?
It will reduce any cheating by the officials ON the pitch.
You would hope that but anything that involves them in any capacity will be cheated and manipulated.
You only have to look at the use of the Compliance Officer to see cheating in action.

Also how they change the SPFL rules almost weekly to push various bad tv deals through.

VAR should not be introduced until the same amount of fixtures have been played home and away.

Spot on.
But why exactly?

Are you saying it's an advantage if for example, the filth have had 8 away and 10 home without VAR?

And us the opposite?

Or the other way round?
I just don't get why this is being said.

But why exactly?

Are you saying it's an advantage if for example, the filth have had 8 away and 10 home without VAR?

And us the opposite?

Or the other way round?
I just don't get why this is being said.
My thinking is that introducing it will lead to accusations of unfairness. And considering sporting integrity is paramount in our league, I think it should be introduced at the half way mark. It should have been introduced from the start of the season though, but as usual it's a mess when the spfhell are involved.

My thinking is that introducing it will lead to accusations of unfairness. And considering sporting integrity is paramount in our league, I think it should be introduced at the half way mark. It should have been introduced from the start of the season though, but as usual it's a mess when the spfhell are involved.
I totally agree on SPL usual piss up in a brewery approach.
I just don't get why it would be unfair. As long as all have the same total games with and without VAR, not necessarily to have the same home and away.

With the obvious caveat that it should've been at the start.

I thought a date had been agreed for implementation? Do they just get to do what they want?
Yes,it looks like it. It should have been ready to go before a ball was kicked,the fact they've been dragging their heels over it raises suspicions for me and I dread,one,what model of VAR they'll bring in and two who will be appointed as VARs and it wouldn't surprise me if it's Clancy. I'd rather do without in that case. It should've been took out of the hands of the suits at Hampden and got UEFA to implement it.

Can't come quick enough. Hopefully with honest video refs. Hard to find in the rat infested spfl SFA corridors of corruption and hate.

But because of the ridiculous split, there is no obvious half way mark. You're actually in that regard fairer introducing it before the 2nd run of fixtures as you guarantee the whole league play each other home and away once with it. Like UEFA did with knock out fixtures, you could then class the split separately

But regardless of the fact it should have been introduced at the start, surely as long as GP is equal at the time of introduction, then all is fair

Trying to push this through within weeks and before the World Cup.
Head of referees Crawford Allan revealed back in the summer that they were looking to fast-track the technology and two ex-whistlers say it could be here within weeks.
VAR's introduction into Scottish football is said to be “imminent” with the technology set to be in place before the World Cup. Two former top referees say that it will be brought in within a matter of weeks to the Scottish Premiershipafter weeks of trialling.

There had been some criticism over VAR being introduced during the season as games in the early part of the campaign wouldn’t have benefited from it. SFA chief executive Ian Maxwell said he wanted it introduced as soon the technology was in place.
An absolute joke, should have been in for the start of this season or the start of next. THERE IS NO SPORTING INTEGRITY BRINGING THIS IN MIDWAY THROUGH THE SEASON. WHAT AN ABSOLUTE CLUSTERFUCK.

Trying to push this through within weeks and before the World Cup.
Head of referees Crawford Allan revealed back in the summer that they were looking to fast-track the technology and two ex-whistlers say it could be here within weeks.
VAR's introduction into Scottish football is said to be “imminent” with the technology set to be in place before the World Cup. Two former top referees say that it will be brought in within a matter of weeks to the Scottish Premiershipafter weeks of trialling.

There had been some criticism over VAR being introduced during the season as games in the early part of the campaign wouldn’t have benefited from it. SFA chief executive Ian Maxwell said he wanted it introduced as soon the technology was in place.

This is old news. It’s been planned to be introduced after the “first round” of SPFL premiership fixtures for a while now.

But because of the ridiculous split, there is no obvious half way mark. You're actually in that regard fairer introducing it before the 2nd run of fixtures as you guarantee the whole league play each other home and away once with it. Like UEFA did with knock out fixtures, you could then class the split separately

But regardless of the fact it should have been introduced at the start, surely as long as GP is equal at the time of introduction, then all is fair
I’m not disagreeing with you. My comment was more targeted at the incompetence of those running our game.

VAR referees will still cheat. Against Rangers and for scum.
It makes it harder for them though?

Anyone not wanting this in asap is deluded as to to how much it will impact them, they play a very high attacking game and some of their goals would have been ruled out this season already.

I can’t wait for it

The referees rushed through the training. Believe it or not it’s meant to take around 18months to implement VAR. Scottish refs upped the training and were ready to go. In July.

Only to find that the SPFL hadn’t ordered the kit from Hawkeye yet…

Plan then was to wait until teams had played each other home and away and then introduce it. Sadly the postponement of games (with no room for early rescheduling) due to the Queen’s passing, coupled with the World Cup, now means it will be nigh on impossible to find a point where all teams are at the same stage.

The most spfl shite ever.

I thought it was a bit unusual that we had away matches at Livingston, Hibs, Celtic, Aberdeen, Hearts and Motherwell in the first round of games - all grounds that we've struggled at in recent months. Then I remembered it's a totally random computer-generated fixture list.
It's not random computer-generated and they don't claim it is either.

I still don't think this should be being introduced mid-season, they're too good at chaningin things part way through in Scottish football.

If we are going to have VAR, it should be introduced at the start of a season and remain in place for the duration of that season, none of this mid-season pish.

I thought a date had been agreed for implementation? Do they just get to do what they want?

They did for the tv deal vote so why should this be any different- oh yes Celtic won’t benefit but the hordes of orcs believe they will do maybe it’s their board throwing them scraps such is their confidence in us not beating them.

So what we getting here.....?
A consistent number of cameras at predefined and consistent positions at every ground ?

VAR won’t make any difference up here.

It needs to be operated by competent individuals, who can use the technology fairly and efficiently.

We will still see inexplicable and mad decisions and in fact it will only highlight our incompetent officials even more.

You could say that about every decision. But yes if they had scored it would have been checked. Doubt it would have been chopped off anyway.
You doubt a goal against Celtic would've been chopped off, with their keeper lying apparently spark out with a head injury?

I would beg to differ.

You doubt a goal against Celtic would've been chopped off, with their keeper lying apparently spark out with a head injury?

I would beg to differ.
Well yes because it wasn’t a foul. Hart runs into a player whose not moving.

VAR can’t chop goals off because somebody had a potential head injury.

Back