VAR to be used in CL QR3

With VAR we would have had another goal yesterday and Livingston would have been down to 10 men after half an hour. The red card would have sent a marker that it is not acceptable to continue to foul the skillful players until around 70 minutes.

We still have Scottish ref's who see the first bad tackle as a freebie, the second as a booking, third as a warning and fourth or fifth as a red.

With VAR we would have had another goal yesterday and Livingston would have been down to 10 men after half an hour. The red card would have sent a marker that it is not acceptable to continue to foul the skillful players until around 70 minutes.

We still have Scottish ref's who see the first bad tackle as a freebie, the second as a booking, third as a warning and fourth or fifth as a red.
Unfortunately that’s not true. VAR won’t look at giving 2nd yellows, only straight reds. We may have to temper our expectations on how much VAR can disrupt the incompetence and corruption of Scottish officialdom.

VAR would have got us an extra goal but it wouldn't have got the Livi player sent off. The ref saw that and bottled it. VAR isn't there to overrule the ref.

Why do people make up things? With VAR, they wouldn’t have been down to 10 men.

VAR won’t give second yellows. It can only upgrade a yellow card to a red card (like happened in Bassey’s Ajax debut last night).

Scottish football is running VAR on 6 cameras whereas the premier league have 33. That worries me somewhat. Will we get a better view of yesterdays goal with VAR in operation, I’m not sure. As much as I think Colak was definitely onside, I think from the angle it is still tough to proove even with drawing lines. Surely there will be better ‘offside’ cameras?

VAR won’t give second yellows. It can only upgrade a yellow card to a red card (like happened in Bassey’s Ajax debut last night).

Scottish football is running VAR on 6 cameras whereas the premier league have 33. That worries me somewhat. Will we get a better view of yesterdays goal with VAR in operation, I’m not sure. As much as I think Colak was definitely onside, I think from the angle it is still tough to proove even with drawing lines. Surely there will be better ‘offside’ cameras?

It needs written that the benefit of the doubt should go to the attacking team if it is inconclusive then

Otherwise it's absolutely pointless

Stop making things up.

First tackle was a yellow. It wasn’t a red. 2nd tackle was almost identical and was a yellow. He should have been sent off. But VAR doesnt check for yellow cards.
Sorry Bobby, it looked a shocker at the game but I never got to see a replay because they never showed it on Sportscene.
I’ll take your word for it though if you’ve been sat at home and had the benefit of a replay.

Stop making things up.

First tackle was a yellow. It wasn’t a red. 2nd tackle was almost identical and was a yellow. He should have been sent off. But VAR doesnt check for yellow cards.

He could have been booked previously for a foul on Wright, that we were given a corner for. Was a terrible challenge from behind.

VAR may have looked at Devines challenge on Kent as a potential red card. Robertson didn't even book him. Was so close to being a horror challenge

Sorry Bobby, it looked a shocker at the game but I never got to see a replay because they never showed it on Sportscene.
I’ll take your word for it though if you’ve been sat at home and had the benefit of a replay.

Bobby? Are you trying to be smart?

Ah yeah it seems you are with the comment about being at home whilst you were at the game? Good for some to get a ticket when others couldn’t. That make you better fan than myself who was unlucky in the ballot?

Last edited:
He could have been booked previously for a foul on Wright, that we were given a corner for. Was a terrible challenge from behind.

VAR may have looked at Devines challenge on Kent as a potential red card. Robertson didn't even book him. Was so close to being a horror challenge

They were all yellow cards. None even had the potential to be a red.

VAR would have got us an extra goal but it wouldn't have got the Livi player sent off. The ref saw that and bottled it. VAR isn't there to overrule the ref.
Makes you wonder if they would ever unofficially just say to the ref in his ear piece "Don, your making a mistake here, that should be a clear second yellow mate"

They were all yellow cards. None even had the potential to be a red.

I never said any of the Cancar ones were, or that VAR would have intervened with them.

The Devlin one did have red card potential though. Off the ground, straight leg, studs up, overly aggressive. Put his studs down the last second otherwise it could have been nasty

Bobby? Are you trying to be smart?

Ah yeah it seems you are with the comment about being at home whilst you were at the game? Good for some to get a ticket when others could’ve That make you better fan than myself who was unlucky in the ballot?
No Bobby, you’re the one being smart coming out with the opening gambit of “Stop making things up”.
I’m not saying the first foul was a red, like I said it looked bad at the game but if VAR was operational at the match then guaranteed that tackle would have been looked at.
That’s all I said.

No Bobby, you’re the one being smart coming out with the opening gambit of “Stop making things up”.
I’m not saying the first foul was a red, like I said it looked bad at the game but if VAR was operational at the match then guaranteed that tackle would have been looked at.
That’s all I said.

You clearly are with the smart comment about being at the game & me watching at home and saying Bobby.

None of the tackles had any chance of being a red. All were yellows and VAR can’t do anything about a yellow card.

Have a nice day.

I didn’t see the second incident yesterday at the game, always miss something at the toilet but thankfully recoded it to watch when I got home.
What a lot of people are not talking about is the incident after his (cancur’s) second tackle is when play carries on, he should have had a straight red for a deliberate kick out at tav directly before being subbed, similar to McGregor at Pittodrie and a few other instances that the media gleefully tell us about when it’s a Rangers player doing it.

You clearly are with the smart comment about being at the game & me watching at home and saying Bobby.

None of the tackles had any chance of being a red. All were yellows and VAR can’t do anything about a yellow card.

Have a nice day.
Stop making things up.

I know the rules thanks!
I never said it could, I said if VAR was operational it would have looked at that first tackle.

No they wouldn't. It was not a red card offence so VAR wouldn't have got involved.

That’s all I said.

Stop making things up.

I know the rules thanks!
I never said it could, I said if VAR was operational it would have looked at that first tackle.

They might have deemed the first tackle a red on review so it could have happened! First tackle was a shocker IMO.
All over the place with your comments.

Not sure you know what you’re going on about.

Enjoy your day super fan.

Not VAR looks at yellow cards tbh!

The sad fact is he knew it was a second yellow, but chose to ignore it.
He had that look on his mess of a face that just said “I know it’s a second yellow but it’s the first game of the season and if I send him off I won’t hear the end of it cause Livi are winning”…

You’ve got to assume that of the 6 cameras at least 2 are wide angle shots of each half for the purpose of the offside decisions.

Would be a riddy even for Scottish football if some player just into the opposition half was miles off but it couldn’t be checked because the camera didn’t cover that part of the pitch.

But you are right that yesterday’s camera seemed to only cover about 30 yards of the pitch from the goal line.

You’ve got to assume that of the 6 cameras at least 2 are wide angle shots of each half for the purpose of the offside decisions.

Would be a riddy even for Scottish football if some player just into the opposition half was miles off but it couldn’t be checked because the camera didn’t cover that part of the pitch.

But you are right that yesterday’s camera seemed to only cover about 30 yards of the pitch from the goal line.
I guess never underestimate the shambles that Scottish football can be. But like you I’d expect, one camera central which is the main tv view plus one that’s 2/3rds into each half for offside decisions. Plus one at each end behind the goal. Not sure where the 6th camera would be?

Back