VAR Tonight

Done now but I thought they would have been able to pull the goal back as it came from an incorrect throw in.

You can check goals and the full attacking phase leading up to it - not really sure what that means but surely the throw in that leads to the goal within 10 seconds of it is the same phase?

I much prefer this less intrusive VAR used in UEFA competitions but it still got the one desicion that it should have been involved in wrong. The tackle on Borna was a red card all day long.

Done now but I thought they would have been able to pull the goal back as it came from an incorrect throw in.

You can check goals and the full attacking phase leading up to it - not really sure what that means but surely the throw in that leads to the goal within 10 seconds of it is the same phase?
The pahse of play doesnt start until the throw ins been taken. The goal wasnt a result of an incorrect decision, the throw in was the result of it and they dont review those.

Not the best officials, before the game I was wondering what VAR would be like, but I forgot about it during the game.
With the ref from Spain, who is known to be card happy, I thought it would be more prevalent.
Be interesting in the second leg.

Back