VAR Trial Starting in the EPL 15th Sept

Someone posted the other day that FIFA have changed the rules regarding kicking out at an opponent - unless done with excessive force then its a yellow card rather than a red so you could be wrong.
Hence my comment of the rule being a joke, how can you judge if it was with excessive force or not?
McGregor tried to kick him, if he tries to kick him it means he is trying to 'hurt' him.

Its a red card all day long.

I'm only using McGregor as an example, there are a few cases recently, that were also red.

As I said the rule is a joke now.

Hence my comment of the rule being a joke, how can you judge if it was with excessive force or not?
McGregor tried to kick him, if he tries to kick him it means he is trying to 'hurt' him.

I'm only using McGregor as an example, there are a few cases recently, that were also red.

So you’d say Morelos at Aberdeen was a red then as Alfie definitely tried to kick the defender?

On VAR I didn’t think it added to the WC so I’d rather be without it

Some people argued, for whatever reason, that Jack wasn't fouled the other day; that was based on watching a replay. Is it possible that in a situation like that VAR would add to the controversy?

I have ebbed & flowed on my support of VAR. Ultimately I think it's a good thing. I'm predicting it now that South American teams will clean up their act when defending corner kicks. A few world cup games where south American teams end up with 9 or 10 men will change their approach to the game. After a few messy years it will probably improve the game imo.

During a typical game of football, the ball is only in play around 55-60 minutes.

IMO, anyone not in favour of VAR needs to have a rethink. It's the best thing to happen to the sport in my lifetime.
Are there any downsides to a mere thirty minute half; especially in the first half?

So you’d say Morelos at Aberdeen was a red then as Alfie definitely tried to kick the defender?

On VAR I didn’t think it added to the WC so I’d rather be without it

Yes and I said that at the time.The rule is a complete joke, sure the decision was changed because of the rule but in my opinion it shouldn't have been. you deliberately kick out at another player, its a red, same if you put your hands up, to push or you push your head against someone.

I'm all for playing hard but it should be fair and not petulant.

Don't waste your time typing out a post to debate that one with me, I wont reply on it as it was done at the time and I can't be bothered going through the whole justifying my opinion again :D

No offense :D

So the poster you replied to was correct then, it wasn't a red card? You're saying it should be a red based on opinion rather than the rules.

If it gives the player the chance to react to a snide unsportmanlike challenge ie the Aberdeen player on Morelos or Tadjer on Shagger I'm all for the new yellow card rule

It will take time to perfect the system but ultimately VAR will prove good for the game
It could be a bit early to make that declaration. How long has it been since its introduction, and how widely has it been used?

Back