VAR - was it in place last night?

Just looked at a still when Hagi made contact with the ball. Goalkeeper on the line and even though there were four Braga players leaning into the box, all had their feet on the line too. No infringements as I see it.

I think it's to assist the ref in his decision rather than overrule him. That's why the ref can watch the incident several times over and over, rather than just telling him yay or nay.

Just on var, the thread last night on braga forum posts and their reaction to the defeat, there was a few of their fans claiming a penalty incident was missed for them on 84 or 86 minutes. They claim their player was pushed over by one of ours in the box. Anyone recall the incident?

Aye there was holding between borna and one of their players it was 6 of 1 half a dozen of the other and the braga player threw himself to the deck. Not a huge amount in it

So now that we've had 2 games with VAR in place..

What do people think of it? And what did you think of it before?

Before - For it
After - For it

Might be best to ask this question after a controversial decision goes against us but I'd like to see what people think now anyways.

I never watched the replay as i had my head buried in the couch but you only need 1 foot touching the line now.

This is correct. Also, as far as I'm aware the positioning of the goalkeeper at a penalty kick is not subject to VAR review these days. Its down to the onfield officials only. You'd expect one would be watching for infringements into the box and the other at the goalkeeper's position (unless at Hampden in a game versus the Dhims).

VAR is fantastic - especially for Rangers who are plagued by Lenny-Pleasing refs.

The problem down south is that they take it too far, to within millimetres! They might see that a player is a millimetre offside BUT they can't see the leather on the crossing player's foot make microscopic contact with the ball all at EXACTLY the same time.

VAR is fantastic if it's kept simple -if in doubt miss it out!

A bit different in Europe - no fear of having their windows smashed, phone number publicised and a rabid media calling for him to be demoted or sacked for being neutral. Neutrality is not allowed in Scotland, as there is intimidation to assist one team.
Can't really blame the Scottish referees - they have families to worry about.

Before - For it
After - For it

Might be best to ask this question after a controversial decision goes against us but I'd like to see what people think now anyways.
The 2 games we have had have been very clean with no controversy so it’s hard to say, the decisions made have all been easy, it’s the very close decisions which cause the grief.

The 2 games we have had have been very clean with no controversy so it’s hard to say, the decisions made have all been easy, it’s the very close decisions which cause the grief.

whit you mean like our players getting kicked round the pitch ?

nothing close about that in our league its corruption.

Yeah he had to wait for the Pen to be confirmed.

I have a question that bugs me though and hope someone knows

2nd half Braga player dives, free kick edge of box.

Say Braga score from Free kick, does the dive get looked at?

No, once play is restarted i.e. the free kick then he cannot do anything about any incident prior to that.

Before - For it
After - For it

There was nothing contentious in either of our games.

I wouldn't fucking trust the right people making those decisions in Scotland though.

I'm extremely wary of VAR in Scotland.
Overall we may get a few decisions that a ref wouldn't give us, but my gut feeling is the one team that would benefit over all others would be the beasts.

Soon to be known as VAR FC.

Back