Veronika Ricksen

Hopefully the tributes may provide some small degree of comfort to her in seeing just how much Fernando meant to so many of us.

That is a real good call.
Maybe too much, emotionally, but, Veronika doing a half time draw?
Absolutely,whenever they feel the time is right.heard on the h&h daily update that Fernando’s ashes are to be scattered in Scotland which says a lot about how much he loved being part of the rangers family and Veronika and his daughter will always have a place in that family

My heart breaks for her.

At this risk of being indelicate or inappropriate, perhaps you could reach out to her?

Even if it’s a simple letter I’m sure someone could ensure she gets it.

You are slightly further along a similar road to her and your experiences might help her In someway.

It’s kind of how AA works (not suggesting your grief is anything like alcoholism).

I am only posting, because like many on here I am concerned for you.

Fernando’s death may be considerably more heartbreaking for you.

As always, feel free to ignore me or my suggestion.

My heart breaks for the poor woman. I shed a tear when I read she was less than 24 hours from getting to Fernando when he passed. It's so important for the rangers family to stand by her and the kids.
She wasn't with him?! How awful. She must be heartbroken.

Their poor wee daughter too.

Would like to see something set up to help them out financially. I'd certainly contribute. Having lost people close to me the last thing you need is to worry about money.

Another thread has asked for a testimonial to be played to raise much needed cash for Veronika and wee Isabella. In my opinion this should be organised by the club for the earliest date possible, but it would be fantastic if someone like club 1872 could set up a funding page which would allow us to get cash to them as quickly as possible. Both Veronika and Isabella are part of our family and we have to help them.

When we win 55 whenever that maybe, would be fitting to have his wife & daughter do the unfurling of the league flag. That would be a nice touch.
Not for me, this one.
There are other deserving, maybe more so, candidates here.
Sandy Jardine’s wife, for example.
I’d rather keep these commemorations to something we can repeat when appropriate.

The only small comfort his family and us take is that he doesn’t suffer anymore.

My thoughts are with his wife and family.

Back