Victims lawyer urges Celtic to set millions aside

Something I thought I would chime in. Even if they were a separate entity it would not absolve them in American court. The litigant would just have to prove that someone acting as a Celtic employee should have known about abuse and did not report it. I know nothing about Scottish laws but in America are laws are pretty tight about duty to report.

Given that some of the abuse concerned is alleged to have taken place during their boys club tour of the USA I am surprised that none of the 'ambulance chasing' firms from the States have not yet become involved in any of this.

Would anyone really be surprised if they never paid a penny? I know I wouldn't. They have way too much protection in politics and the media.
James Dornan, the sectarian Celtic minded MSP, has been rebuked on social media twice by child abuse survivor groups. Dornan had been doing everything he could to protect Celtic's "good name", and definitely wasn't thinking about any victims. However, not a peep in the Scottish media about his scandalous tweets. Sadly they too do everything they can to protect Celtic's "good name".
The survivors will need to fight long and hard for justice. The establishment doesn't want them to have a voice, and it wants them to go away. Survivors will need all the help they can get. I hope the silent majority in Scotland who are appalled by paedophilia are able to make a difference, and survivors finally get the justice they deserve.

One of the things I dont understand is why the general celtic supporters arent up in arms about this. If similar happened at Ibrox, I'd expect us to be putting serious pressure on the board to do the morally right thing. Take responsibility for past failings and puts steps in place to make it right.

What have the fans of city being saying about it? Do they recognise its the right thing to do?

But Tim fans have no Morals !

James Dornan, the sectarian Celtic minded MSP, has been rebuked on social media twice by child abuse survivor groups. Dornan had been doing everything he could to protect Celtic's "good name", and definitely wasn't thinking about any victims. However, not a peep in the Scottish media about his scandalous tweets. Sadly they too do everything they can to protect Celtic's "good name".
The survivors will need to fight long and hard for justice. The establishment doesn't want them to have a voice, and it wants them to go away. Survivors will need all the help they can get. I hope the silent majority in Scotland who are appalled by paedophilia are able to make a difference, and survivors finally get the justice they deserve.

we actually need them to go through the whole criminal proceedings to show who did what when and who knew and enabled it

this settling out of court and hiding the extent of it is ruining this country

the spotlight needs shone on this cult and its accolytes

an appology first.

A full admission of guilt and complicity,
Criminal convicions for those who covered it up for decades,
A full apology to all victims and their families,
Appropriate sanctions from the SFA and the SPFL (using the Penn State case as a template),
Punitive financial compensation to all victims and their families (again, using the Penn State case as a template).

But, in reality, if any one of those things ever come to pass, I’ll be amazed.

Last edited:
If anyone wants to call Thomson and ask for.a Chris Gordon who initially took my nephew case on then you will be told that Mr Gordon has retired. Go on I dare u timskelper. Do that tomorrow and then u can either ask admin to bar me or realise the truth ...

If this child abuse was evident in any other establishment it would be front page headlines with everyone wanting an answer to how this was allowed to happen . What we are witnessing is everything that is Scottish society these days .

I wonder if celtic are waiting for the Lawyer to blink, by presuming that he wont try and take them on. How long do they have to wait before they can go to a Judge.

Would anyone really be surprised if they never paid a penny? I know I wouldn't. They have way too much protection in politics and the media.

I said it a few weeks ago, they won’t pay a penny and they wont face any consequences.

Friends in all the right places, it’s why they’ve got carte Blanche to do as they please. It’s why they’re a rancid organisation.

A Rangers coach was accused of verbal abuse. Rangers investigated and he was sacked.

As far as I am aware there have been no other accusations, no matter how hard the media tried to find some.
Hes talking about the thing in the paper last year. There was a huge post on here about it. The victim was told to contact the liquidators.

Many on here thought that was our perfect opportunity (which I agree) to expose they cunts and offer the guy all the help and support.

Hes talking about the thing in the paper last year. There was a huge post on here about it. The victim was told to contact the liquidators.

Many on here thought that was our perfect opportunity (which I agree) to expose they cunts and offer the guy all the help and support.

Reports at the time said Rangers did offer help and suggested counselling, but when it was made clear that wasn’t required (if the poster is accurate the guy was already getting help) and it was a compensation issue then it was referred to the Oldco.

Crass/insensitive yes, however no company is going to open themselves up to compensation claims against a former employee who was not convicted, never charged and is now dead.

People still saying they will walk away from this clean.
Not a hope in Hell.
100's in compo court.
Daleys documentary.
Which will bring everything out, then demands for an impartial enquiry will be through the roof.
I hope it puts them to the wall.

"Although Celtic Football Club is an entirely separate organisation, we have always taken these allegations extremely seriously because of our historic contacts with Celtic Boys Club.”

They really are despicable

They allowed abuse by their Kitman inside their own corridors, wearing their colours and representing their club, their separate entity pish is only believed by those apologists that support them

To this day I believe certain people have went to their graves with secrets which could’ve have stopped this horrific child abuse ring.

They’ll be sitting with Satan explaining why they didn’t.

The Nazi party are still distancing themselves from this at the minute,they will only get involved when they are pushed and only then they will throw some poor sod to the lions and save their own skin.

Horrible party and when the Helene Gray went through to Hollyrood to meet with folk she got parped of with the sports minister who is just a hopeless as justice minister old Tim minded “Useless” Humza like the rest of his sordid little party.

A political mob not fit for government along with a football club not fit for morality and compassion and honesty to survivors.

their dump should be bulldozed as more and more folk every day hear this shame and cover up of one of the most disgusting secrets that has tarnished that club for good.

ITS not going away though !

we actually need them to go through the whole criminal proceedings to show who did what when and who knew and enabled it

this settling out of court and hiding the extent of it is ruining this country

the spotlight needs shone on this cult and its accolytes

This.

For me the first priority should be to ensure those affected are issued with a full apology, and of course be adequately compensated for literally decades of mental torture.

From a personal point of view I want septic's name dragged through the courts for all the world to see the extent of their cover up and lengths they went to to make this possible.

Finally I would like to see the footballing authorities in this country punish them appropriately for the shameful past AND PRESENT denial.......if carlsberg did justice eh?

I have seen that Thomsons solicitors are working on behalf of over 20 abused and expecting more. However, they had better be quick as there is movement in America also which may wipe them out financially if the information is correct.

Yes indeed there is movement from the US and it’s not a Lionel Hutz from the simpsons either,they have had some high profile cases IF the info is correct which I have no reason not to believe,let’s hope so for the survivors.

Yes indeed there is movement from the US and it’s not a Lionel Hutz from the simpsons either,they have had some high profile cases IF the info is correct which I have no reason not to believe,let’s hope so for the survivors.
What's happening in regards to movement in the States mate?.

And he called on Parkhead chiefs to follow suit, warning that his firm Thompsons Solicitors is just six months away from raising a court action against them.

Why six months?

Is there a legal reason for this?

And almost five months have passed since McCafferty appeared at Livingston Sheriff Court.
zzzz.jpg

One could be forgiven for thinking that Celtic and their placemen are behind this in the hope that the old bastard kicks the bucket before he brings them to their knees.

Next up: " Jim McCafferty unable to appear in court due to ill health "

We can all see it coming.

Celtic playing the long-game here.

The most horrific thing out of all of this is that they don't care.
No acknowledgement , No acceptance and No pity.
Those kids had their childhood stolen .
Yet the most vocal hypocrites in the world say nothing.
Beyond shameful.

Because child abuse is acceptable in the Catholic Church and it was acceptable at Celtic FC.

Simple as that.

What's happening in regards to movement in the States mate?.

Was just told that a reputable firm had the details from the alledged abuse and cover up from CBC stateside now from when they were over there.

How far down the line and what happens next is a guess I’m afraid.

Be ironic if a 'potential' liability caused them have a financial crisis much like the BTC did to us and letting weasel Whyte in to rape us !

This.

For me the first priority should be to ensure those affected are issued with a full apology, and of course be adequately compensated for literally decades of mental torture.

From a personal point of view I want septic's name dragged through the courts for all the world to see the extent of their cover up and lengths they went to to make this possible.

Finally I would like to see the footballing authorities in this country punish them appropriately for the shameful past AND PRESENT denial.......if carlsberg did justice eh?

Why is FIFA or Eufa not doing anything about this as the "authorities " in Scottish football aint doing nothing? And wont, because of all the poets in places of authority.

And almost five months have passed since McCafferty appeared at Livingston Sheriff Court.
zzzz.jpg

One could be forgiven for thinking that Celtic and their placemen are behind this in the hope that the old bastard kicks the bucket before he brings them to their knees.

Next up: " Jim McCafferty unable to appear in court due to ill health "

We can all see it coming.

Celtic playing the long-game here.

If the Boys club have C R Smith on jerseys does that reinforce they were part of CFC

As already mentioned not one of their high profile supporters have uttered one word of criticism and urged their football club to do the right thing.

They just want this to go away as soon as possible.

One of the things I dont understand is why the general celtic supporters arent up in arms about this. If similar happened at Ibrox, I'd expect us to be putting serious pressure on the board to do the morally right thing. Take responsibility for past failings and puts steps in place to make it right.

What have the fans of city being saying about it? Do they recognise its the right thing to do?
de

If anyone wants to call Thomson and ask for.a Chris Gordon who initially took my nephew case on then you will be told that Mr Gordon has retired. Go on I dare u timskelper. Do that tomorrow and then u can either ask admin to bar me or realise the truth ...

Sure, I’ll do that then. I’m sure the lawyers will openly discuss other people’s personal matters with anyone who calls up.

I’m surprised you’re still here and I personally wouldn’t ask anyone to ban you. It’s just not me I’m afraid. All I can do is to make people aware of your inconsistent ramblings on RM, why you got banned there and leave it for admin and the forum to decide whether you are, who I and plenty of others on RM, think you are. Something truly reeks.

Between both forums, your posts are bordering on bizarre at times. Really strange. I’ve also noticed a considerable improvement in your diction and grammar in your FF posts compared to your RM ones. There’s definitely a big difference. Maybe two different people have been posting? Maybe there’s a party going on inside your head? One thing I’m definitely sure of is that you’re worth watching.

As for you stating that Rangers were brushing it under the carpet? Really? What Rangers fan would ever state that about our club? We can all say that we think the club could have done more and possibly so, but that’s the terminology we’ve used for decades to describe the inaction from the paedodome.

As far as I’m concerned, child abuse is as low as any human being can go. I know of people who have been abused as a child and that never leaves them. Never. They carry that every day of their lives and I don’t care who it is, or where they are, each one should be hammered to the full extent of the law. I’m no grass, but I would even report a close family member for it. It's everyone's duty to protect the kids. These paedophiles are vile, cowardly parasites who feed on the innocence and vulnerability of children and have no place in a ‘normal society’, whatever that is nowadays.

The victims in all of this should receive a full, albeit rather late apology. I’m sure even that alone would comfort some. They should also see every single person involved in the sordid abuse, or the cover up of the crime, receive the severe punishment they deserve. The victims should also receive huge compensation payouts to enable them to go on and hopefully better their lives and that mob should cease to exist if there’s any justice in the world. The victims needs are paramount.

The most horrific thing out of all of this is that they don't care.
No acknowledgement , No acceptance and No pity.
Those kids had their childhood stolen .
Yet the most vocal hypocrites in the world say nothing.
Beyond shameful.

100% correct mate.

I have yet to see one of their fans talk about it. It's as though it just didn't happen and the behaviour of their club is as you say, shameful. What kind of world are we living in now?

Someone started a thread on Kerrydale St saying they need to start talking about it and it was pulled , anyway on a good note I've sent a message through twitter with today's headline in The Sun to all of their sponsors that they have on their website
Superb, well done.

It'd be a strange insurance policy if there was one, which surely would be invalidated if such a thing existed when they let the fuukers back in to do the same again.
Even if they were covered the insurance company aren't going to shell out the money at todays rates. Celtic should have owned up at the time and compo would have been paid at the appropriate rate for that era.

Reactions: wpj
Back