Victims lawyer urges Celtic to set millions aside

Sutton_Blows_goats

Patrick McGuire, of Thompsons Solicitors, is representing some of McCafferty's victims in civil cases.

He called for action from Celtic Football Club.

"McCafferty's connection with Celtic is now utterly undeniable," he said.

"We now know that some of the abuse took place in Celtic premises. What he did was groom the boys but at the same time groom the parents, always with Celtic dangling on the end of a stick as a golden carrot. It's just utterly unforgivable.

"McCafferty's conviction is probably the last conviction that we'll see in a Celtic setting. But what's never happened is any form of financial justice for the survivors of abuse at Celtic Park and that's why now all eyes are on the board of Celtic Football Club to do the right thing."
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/3505864.stm

The images were actually found in a locker at parkhead used by the photographer, sickening to think what must have been going on there

Barclay the Bear

Hopefully not,there must be other names on the list and the spotlight should now be turned on the kellys,whites,whytes and liewell now for their part in enabling and subsequently covering up the abuse within their clubs and perverting the course of justice.
There is no political will for anything to happen against them,,, there doesn't seem to be any legal motivation, the sfa and media are basically ignoring it,,, Modern day Scotland is just shite

Grigo Yossarian

People say I'm out of order or chuck in the 'bigot' insult when I say I don't keep sellick fans as friends.
Anyone who supports a paedophile ring is no friend of mine.
This story broke in April 1994, in the 25 years since I've never met any sellick fan who condemns their vile history.
I'd wager not one poster on here can claim they have either.

If they don't condemn it, they condone it.
Agree Chief.

Zander73

People say I'm out of order or chuck in the 'bigot' insult when I say I don't keep sellick fans as friends.
Anyone who supports a paedophile ring is no friend of mine.
This story broke in April 1994, in the 25 years since I've never met any sellick fan who condemns their vile history.
I'd wager not one poster on here can claim they have either.

If they don't condemn it, they condone it.
Perfect mate ;)

AyrBear

Four paedophiles in the space of a year. There are even links there with paedophiles from other clubs with the story there about Bennell.

The fact that the pathetic football authorities and the politicians in this country are doing nothing about this is nothing short of a disgrace.

These poor guys have had to live with this for decades and the club who allowed it all to happen have not even said sorry for a single thing.

They should quite simply be kicked out of football for the crimes they have allowed to happen on their watch.

Kylegib

Absolutely disgraceful @possilbear2
He pleads guilty to TWELVE charges of sexually abusing children and he gets less than 7 years in prison. So many lives ruined, so much heartache and destruction left in his path, and yet he gets a paltry 6 years and 9 months. There is something far wrong with the sentencing tariffs in this country. That piece of human excrement should have been given a sentence that ABSOLUTELY ensured he died in prison. As it stands, with generous remission, he may see freedom before he goes to hell. For the sake of society in general and his poor victims in particular, I sincerely hope he dies a horrible death before he gets released.
These very lenient sentences certainly won't encourage other victims of abuse to come forward.

Div1872

Wonder if Andy Woodward who broke his anonymity to highlight the sexual abuse he subjected to at Crewe knew about the Bennell and McCafferty (Celtic) links and the tournaments?

The guy was very brave to come forward and if he knows about these two scumbags he should tell the world

The fact that Shame FC have still not apologised or accepted any form of guilt should maybe encourage Andy to expose them as the vile scum they are

davydumper

No quite the opposite, but we all have a part to play. Bluenoses in Glasgow voted for a Labour party for 40 years that openly discriminated against them - Lally, Kelly, McAveety, Purcell, Mathieson, Mosson, the list is endless. You're faced with totally apathy and indifference even when being fucked over.

If you want to beat them you have to get into the sewer and fight them in their turf, as a community we need to become much more active in every sense. I could go on about this for a long time.
Purcell whatever happened to him.

150EdmistonDrive

Patrick McGuire, of Thompsons Solicitors, is representing some of McCafferty's victims in civil cases.

He called for action from Celtic Football Club.

"McCafferty's connection with Celtic is now utterly undeniable," he said.

"We now know that some of the abuse took place in Celtic premises. What he did was groom the boys but at the same time groom the parents, always with Celtic dangling on the end of a stick as a golden carrot. It's just utterly unforgivable.

"McCafferty's conviction is probably the last conviction that we'll see in a Celtic setting. But what's never happened is any form of financial justice for the survivors of abuse at Celtic Park and that's why now all eyes are on the board of Celtic Football Club to do the right thing."
McGuire statement shows he's ready to go after them big time now, albeit in a civil court. The more exposure this get's the more Sturgeon has to face the truth, soon she will have nowhere to hide on this. All opposition parties have to crank up the pressure for a full, independent public enquiry, that's the least the victims and their families deserve.

Weetoonblue

He abused kids on Celtic property , training ground and Celtic park . So how can that be the case ?
They are saying he was the only one and that the others were Celtic boys club which was separate from Celtic.

Did see a couple saying if not in name then that was all, as they played in the strip and the results appeared in the Celtic view so Celtic should do the decent thing.

NeilFifeLoyal

I think at long last the past is starting to catch up with Celtic/separate entity. And it’s long overdue. Sickening reading some of the articles that have been posted in this thread. I’m appalled that the Scottish government have turned a blind eye to this. But I’m not in the least bit surprised.

Laudrup1

Wonder if Andy Woodward who broke his anonymity to highlight the sexual abuse he subjected to at Crewe knew about the Bennell and McCafferty (Celtic) links and the tournaments?

The guy was very brave to come forward and if he knows about these two scumbags he should tell the world

The fact that Shame FC have still not apologised or accepted any form of guilt should maybe encourage Andy to expose them as the vile scum they are
Who was it mentioned they'd been to a Crewe tournament and thought it was strange Celtic were there too as it was all local teams other than that?

It was either a Celtic youth wondering why they were going to Crewe or a Crewe player who'd been a victim of Bennel wondering why Celtic were there.

Stez64

It’s almost 11 years to the day since Saint Tommy of Calton passed away.
Tommy Burns was vehement in his defence of one of the other beasts, Frank Cairney, when the accusations first surfaced. He was either a very bad judge of character, or he was well aware of Cairney’s sordid activities and was part of the cover up of the wider paedophile ring at the Chamber of Secrets.
You decide.
He was your typical WoS RC, a horrible lady's front bottom who would protect that vile cult and football club , no matter what .
Every one of the employees in that era were paedo enablers

BothwellBear

N
McGuire statement shows he's ready to go after them big time now, albeit in a civil court. The more exposure this get's the more Sturgeon has to face the truth, soon she will have nowhere to hide on this. All opposition parties have to crank up the pressure for a full, independent public enquiry, that's the least the victims and their families deserve.
Not a chance that will happen as a result of potentially losing the block vote. Tories do it and get accused of being Rangers cheerleaders, labour have no appetite to do it given their links to the club and the SNP couldn't have done more to hide it if they tried. This is a dead duck. Chip paper by Thursday.

Kylegib

He did state to a reporter that they played in Scotland in a tournament called the Celtic cup. There was a picture of Saville,Stein and a priest posted ages ago holding a trophy. I'm not sure if that was the Celtic cup but I certainly wouldn't be surprised if it was.

Coop

The former player who spoke to Sky News described how the ex-coach used to run an under-12s team.

He told of how McCafferty asked him to help train the kids which included a weekend trip to Manchester.

"Afterwards the strangest thing happened. We all got back in the mini bus and McCafferty said, 'I am going to take you to see a friend of mine.' We drove from Manchester to Crewe and I thought, 'Why are we going to Crewe?'

"It was Barry Bennell who we met, he introduced us to him."

I'm lost for words. Vile.
There should be an investigation into the links with Bennell

noucamp72

Forget about the SNP.
They are infested with rabids from top to bottom and will do everything they can to protect their favourite football club.

The floodgates are now open.
Let's see how many members from the opposition parties rush through them and ask the government to demand celtic do the right thing and compensate the poor victims.

ThomasMRFC

N

Not a chance that will happen as a result of potentially losing the block vote. Tories do it and get accused of being Rangers cheerleaders, labour have no appetite to do it given their links to the club and the SNP couldn't have done more to hide it if they tried. This is a dead duck. Chip paper by Thursday.
Hope your wrong but sadly believe your right. The victims might get small compensation but there’s 0% chance of any enquiry simply because of political reasons at a time the snp want a second indyref they won’t risk losing votes. They have already shown they couldn’t give a %^*& about anything except forcing through Indy

Div1872

If Shame FC fail to acknowledge that a paid former long term employee of CFC has abused loads of young boys inside Parkpaed and they don’t apologise to the victims they will only make them look even worse

This went on for years. Dozens of sexual assaults took place so they have to accept some form of responsibility and condemn McCafferty

They have no Separate Entity FC excuse this time

weetam3106

Imagine for one horrific moment if this was anything to do with Rangers. Just play with that in your mind, we all know what would unfold. THIS situation is absolutely unacceptable. There should be no hiding place for this rancid organisation. Its time for them to be on the right side of history and do the right thing by these poor souls.

Laudrup1

He did state to a reporter that they played in Scotland in a tournament called the Celtic cup. There was a picture of Saville,Stein and a priest posted ages ago holding a trophy. I'm not sure if that was the Celtic cup but I certainly wouldn't be surprised if it was.
That's the very story I was commenting on above.

I couldn't remember whether it was Woodward playing Celtic or a Celtic player going to a tournament involving Bennell.

The priest you speak of is a convicted paedophile too. Worth noting that it wasn't just some random preist. He is now a known nonce.

Looks like the Celtic Cup that Woodword spoke about was a get together for Bennel and the Celtic paedophiles.

Bobafett Bear

Lawyers have nda’s signed by officials from the filth,from two different abusers on different survivors from 80’s and 90’s I been told.

Also a video of CBC playing a Celtic select at Neverland with mr Dougie Donnelly doing the obligatory commentary with families in their stands watching the games.

Separate entity still fuckers !!!

The press and Lawyers have the Bennell connection now.

Shut down the paedo paradise ffs !!

Disgraceful and the sitting Govt should be ashamed and dissolved!

Southsideblueblood

I've been saying this for a while.

Anyone who uses Twitter (I don't!) could contact prospective manager/staff and players, asking simply:
"Are you happy to be linked to the one football club in the world which has had a record number of chiuld abusers linked to it ?
Which has had child abusers brought back to the club and puts money above the safety and security of boys and young men ?
Is this REALLY the Club that you want to be associated with, as it will now become ensnared in multiple claims against it for historic sexual abuses ?"
You wrongly assume , money, career prospects and morals go hand in hand. Footballers and managers are the last place to expect moral stances.

BackJardine

What do the in the know predict is due to happen now the cases are done?

I don't doubt that all will come to light EVENTUALLY. However I don't think it will be as soon as we all hope. Cases done for now, I believe more names will come out affiliated with CFC and CBC. I believe the victims and relatives of will continue to bravely fight for justice and eventually expose all that went on there.

I cant help but think it will continue to be a long process.

ThomasMRFC

Lawyers have nda’s signed by officials from the filth,from two different abusers on different survivors from 80’s and 90’s I been told.

Also a video of CBC playing a Celtic select at Neverland with mr Dougie Donnelly doing the obligatory commentary with families in their stands watching the games.

Separate entity still fuckers !!!

The press and Lawyers have the Bennell connection now.

Shut down the paedo paradise ffs !!

Disgraceful and the sitting Govt should be ashamed and dissolved!
What good are nda’s Though . Isn’t the point of them that they can’t be used in court and the people that sign them can’t testify on the information included?

tobeornottobe

Who was it mentioned they'd been to a Crewe tournament and thought it was strange Celtic were there too as it was all local teams other than that?

It was either a Celtic youth wondering why they were going to Crewe or a Crewe player who'd been a victim of Bennel wondering why Celtic were there.
https://news.sky.com/story/jim-mcca...footballers-11719674?awc=11005_1557844249_246
Police have also investigated the relationship between McCafferty and former Crewe Alexandra coach Barry Bennell, who repeatedly abused young boys in his care.
The former player who spoke to Sky News described how the ex-coach used to run an under-12s team.
He told of how McCafferty asked him to help train the kids which included a weekend trip to Manchester.
"Afterwards the strangest thing happened. We all got back in the mini bus and McCafferty said, 'I am going to take you to see a friend of mine.' We drove from Manchester to Crewe and I thought, 'Why are we going to Crewe?'
"It was Barry Bennell who we met, he introduced us to him."