Victims lawyer urges Celtic to set millions aside

One of the things I dont understand is why the general celtic supporters arent up in arms about this. If similar happened at Ibrox, I'd expect us to be putting serious pressure on the board to do the morally right thing. Take responsibility for past failings and puts steps in place to make it right.

What have the fans of city being saying about it? Do they recognise its the right thing to do?
Papa

One said to me I should stop talking about it as it only makes the victims feel worse
Best to just let it lie

Honestly I was gobsmaked

He was deadly serious

I said that there is the problem

I remember when all the paedos were getting found out down here(England) in English football it was all over that Victoria Derbyshire programme. No stone left unturned and all that. I’m not on Twitter or anything but might be another avenue to explore. I know she’s obviously BBC but I remember watching it and she was all over it. Just a thought

I also urge victims of this come forward as right now this is just the tip of the iceberg. It’s now clearly known Celtic’s Board as well as previous managers knew about this abuse taking place and did not take retrospective action and allowed it to take place well up in to the 1990s. It is also clear that there well may be hundreds of victims that have been subjected to such abuse. The victims deserve justice and I hope they do.

They bstrds wont apologise unless forced to. They still think their not responsible. They gave it away when they started mentioning separate entity. Filthy bstrds
Celtic Boys Club is the same as Celtic FC they can’t claim separate entity anymore their board payed workers at Celtic Boys Club as well as being involved in awards ceremonies and allowing abuse to take place at Celtic Park as well.

I also urge victims of this come forward as right now this is just the tip of the iceberg. It’s now clearly known Celtic’s Board as well as previous managers knew about this abuse taking place and did not take retrospective action and allowed it to take place well up in to the 1990s. It is also clear that there well may be hundreds of victims that have been subjected to such abuse. The victims deserve justice and I hope they do.
And to think some blue noses applauded McNeil? Oh dear. No fckn way was I doing that as in the back of my mind I thought it’s obvious he knew. They all fckn knew and that makes them as guilty as the beasts imo

If McSherry & Birt highlighted 14 of them, that’s at least 8 to be caught. With how many victims each ??????

I'm an impatient person and want justice for the victims right now just as much as anyone.

But we need to remember this will take time. They were waiting for the trial on Tuesday as a green light to take action. The lawyers will make themselves look pretty stupid if they just suddenly stopped taking action after all their big talk. They'll be working away at it.

Celtic's silence only shows they're scared as to what to say as they know they've no press release that can smooth this one over. Anything they say will get ripped apart. Equally the longer they stay silent the more determined it'll make those going after compensation for the victims.

They can't win from here this time, but it'll take time for the cards to fall.

It appears this story has been kicked into the long grass, I expect they will settle with victims out of court and there will be no disclosure of compensation or admittance of any wrongdoing. Stories of tv programmes getting made which was going to blow them out the water are nonsense.

I'm an impatient person and want justice for the victims right now just as much as anyone.

But we need to remember this will take time. They were waiting for the trial on Tuesday as a green light to take action. The lawyers will make themselves look pretty stupid if they just suddenly stopped taking action after all their big talk. They'll be working away at it.

Celtic's silence only shows they're scared as to what to say as they know they've no press release that can smooth this one over. Anything they say will get ripped apart. Equally the longer they stay silent the more determined it'll make those going after compensation for the victims.

this,, that shower are backed into a corner and have nothing to counteract their dirty little deeds being laid bare in front of the country,they knew tuesday was coming ,so had time to prepare some glib deflective statement,,as of now it seems like no one is at home at the piggery and no one is answering the phone, they are donald ducked and they know it,,as much as they have sympathetic politicians and media outlets up here the genie is out the bottle and aint for going back in, they can hide all the want but at some point they will have to break cover and face the world,,lets see what they say when that happens,, and to the mentally challengeds looking in on this forum (aye we know your here) remember this to your dying days,you let your club lie,,shame on each and every one of you

All day people on here have said they want action now. It doesn’t happen like that. The victims have waited long enough and that’s a crime in itself. The cards to fall is an excellent way of putting it. Brilliant post mate.

It appears this story has been kicked into the long grass, I expect they will settle with victims out of court and there will be no disclosure of compensation or admittance of any wrongdoing. Stories of tv programmes getting made which was going to blow them out the water are nonsense.[/QUOTE]

They've not been aired yet so I've no idea why you're posting this.

Sadly, only when interested legal agencies outside of Scotland get involved in the Piggery Paedo Ring scandal will the victims finally receive justice. The deafening silence from the great and the good at Holyrood regarding at least six known Piggery-connected convictions, not including the link to the now notorious paedophile Barry Bennell, can make them show any empathy or support for those who have suffered.

Surprised by that. Daniel Taylor won awards for his Barry bennell coverage.

It hasn't been mentioned at all, the cases of mcafferty in belfast and Torbett were mentioned using PA wire copy, but they haven't reported this case at all.

It is very odd.

Can anyone ask Euan Murray on twitter why the Grun haven't mentioned the biggest scandal in uk sport history?

If they did that would they need to start in the third division as we did ??

You’d need to look at their 3 company set up. I’m sure they were able to transfer their licence to Pacific Shelf because the oldco wasn’t liquidated. So if that has already been done then the dormant co could be liquidated without them incurring a penalty. Maybe I’m wrong and some of our more knowledgeable posters could advise.

Anyone know just when we are likely to see these programmes that are getting made?

There are a few posters who seem very confident this is happening...

You’d need to look at their 3 company set up. I’m sure they were able to transfer their licence to Pacific Shelf because the oldco wasn’t liquidated. So if that has already been done then the dormant co could be liquidated without them incurring a penalty. Maybe I’m wrong and some of our more knowledgeable posters could advise.

Reputational damage would be even greater than if they came clean and paid up.

They are going to get away with this.

One of the most vocal guys on Twitter 'john_watt' saying he was at court this week and there's absolutely no appetite from journos, governing bodies or government to go to town on Celtic for their crimes. Unbelievable.

Said many times on here whoever advised them to say " Seperate Entity " has landed them right in the shyte now. They keep saying that they know there is a mountain of evidence that disproves it, they show any kind of admition now and they will have shown themselves to be liars. It's a lose lose situation from where i'm sitting.

I remember when all the paedos were getting found out down here(England) in English football it was all over that Victoria Derbyshire programme. No stone left unturned and all that. I’m not on Twitter or anything but might be another avenue to explore. I know she’s obviously BBC but I remember watching it and she was all over it. Just a thought
Same cow that wouldn't give flannigan a chance

Latest posts

Back