Victims lawyer urges Celtic to set millions aside

Wilkinsvolley

Official Ticketer
That’s fair enough for the compensation claims to victims which is the most important thing but they need to be punished for a 40 year cover up which is just as bad as the abuse itself. How many kids could have been saved. How do they get punished for that if the media or govt refuse to take action
Sadly I think you could be right as far as football sanctions go, as they have the authorities wrapped up. Unless the financial side collapses them and we use it like they did to remove them from the top league and their people from the positions they’ve been placed over the years. They had worked politicians and the media well in advance to prevent awkward questioning though.
Maybe we are getting strong at the right time to change that though.

Mexi

BBC Scotland homepage completely cleansed of the story. Utterly shameful.

Remember all the Rangers tax case stories that were on that page for days? Some would reappear weeks later as a most read article. Funny how these drop down faster than gravity

They are covering for the scum, like they did for Savile

Carson no1

I'd go one further and say it's THE biggest child abuse scandal ever in British sporting history.

Celtic should now be facing the toughest sanctions possible, including demotion and the stripping of titles.
Totally agree mate this is worse than match fixing

People have died because of the actions of this rancid club by not getting to the bottom of it

It could have poss giving the victims closure and tried to lead a normal life

But they tried to blank out the demons with drink and eventually passed away due to those demons

Mancbear

Everyone who is commenting on this thread needs to do the same on twitter, Facebook etc. Can't let this disappear again

ScotiaPapac

BTW has any Scottish politician came out and spoke about it?

I understand why the likes of Dornan, Yousaf etc haven't but what about the other parties? Surely it's an open goal to criticise the SNP?
This goes back over 40 years. Conservative and Labour governments could potentially both be complicit in the cover up of child abuse in that time. They won’t want to rock the boat.

El Jock Grande Sabia

This goes back over 40 years. Conservative and Labour governments could potentially both be complicit in the cover up of child abuse in that time. They won’t want to rock the boat.
I said as much a page or 2 back. They have & have had influential friends in high positions of power. The 2 examples I gave were Saville & the shamed Cardinal. How many more over the years have been on call when things got a wee bit too uncomfortable for them?

bobba

Remember all the Rangers tax case stories that were on that page for days? Some would reappear weeks later as a most read article. Funny how these drop down faster than gravity

They are covering for the scum, like they did for Savile
This is a good point- a few people using a page refresher extension on their browser could keep it top of the most read

Carson no1

@Carson no1 please remove this crass post immediately. It has no place in decent society and certainly should not be on this thread.
Keep this thread on track with intelligent, focussed and informative posts.
No need for gutter comments.
Can’t find it mate to delete

Think I got the wrong end of a story oops

ThomasMRFC

Don’t think you are giving some of the victims the credit they deserve .
Don’t take that the wrong way. The victims are incredibly brave people but I don’t trust seperate entity fc at all and any apology will be hollow and a token gesture in the hope it ends the subject

Carson no1

One of the things I dont understand is why the general celtic supporters arent up in arms about this. If similar happened at Ibrox, I'd expect us to be putting serious pressure on the board to do the morally right thing. Take responsibility for past failings and puts steps in place to make it right.

What have the fans of city being saying about it? Do they recognise its the right thing to do?
Papa

One said to me I should stop talking about it as it only makes the victims feel worse
Best to just let it lie

Honestly I was gobsmaked

He was deadly serious

I said that there is the problem

Zander73

I remember when all the paedos were getting found out down here(England) in English football it was all over that Victoria Derbyshire programme. No stone left unturned and all that. I’m not on Twitter or anything but might be another avenue to explore. I know she’s obviously BBC but I remember watching it and she was all over it. Just a thought

It Is Old But Beautiful

I also urge victims of this come forward as right now this is just the tip of the iceberg. It’s now clearly known Celtic’s Board as well as previous managers knew about this abuse taking place and did not take retrospective action and allowed it to take place well up in to the 1990s. It is also clear that there well may be hundreds of victims that have been subjected to such abuse. The victims deserve justice and I hope they do.

It Is Old But Beautiful

They bstrds wont apologise unless forced to. They still think their not responsible. They gave it away when they started mentioning separate entity. Filthy bstrds
Celtic Boys Club is the same as Celtic FC they can’t claim separate entity anymore their board payed workers at Celtic Boys Club as well as being involved in awards ceremonies and allowing abuse to take place at Celtic Park as well.

Zander73

I also urge victims of this come forward as right now this is just the tip of the iceberg. It’s now clearly known Celtic’s Board as well as previous managers knew about this abuse taking place and did not take retrospective action and allowed it to take place well up in to the 1990s. It is also clear that there well may be hundreds of victims that have been subjected to such abuse. The victims deserve justice and I hope they do.
And to think some blue noses applauded McNeil? Oh dear. No fckn way was I doing that as in the back of my mind I thought it’s obvious he knew. They all fckn knew and that makes them as guilty as the beasts imo

Grigo Yossarian

If McSherry & Birt highlighted 14 of them, that’s at least 8 to be caught. With how many victims each ??????