Victims lawyer urges Celtic to set millions aside

The Mirror online have ran with an exclusive with some of the victims.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-ne...ophile-14176876.amp?__twitter_impression=true

He tricked both families into letting him take their sons abroad for football tournaments — some of which did not even exist.

Once, he even gave Andrew a fake player of the tournament trophy to take home to his parents — which he made at the trophy shop he owned.

Helene said: “We later discovered he didn’t kick a ball at that tournament. He’d spent all the time being abused.”

What the hell!!!!

So did he take just these two boys abroad to a fake tournament or did he take a whole team to a fake tournament? Where did the money come from to fund the trip - did the parents pay for it, did Torbett pay for it or did the money come from elsewhere?

He tricked both families into letting him take their sons abroad for football tournaments — some of which did not even exist.

Once, he even gave Andrew a fake player of the tournament trophy to take home to his parents — which he made at the trophy shop he owned.

Helene said: “We later discovered he didn’t kick a ball at that tournament. He’d spent all the time being abused.”

What the hell!!!!

So did he take just these two boys abroad to a fake tournament or did he take a whole team to a fake tournament? Where did the money come from to fund the trip - did the parents pay for it, did Torbett pay for it or did the money come from elsewhere?

Torbett had a few Bob. Celtic gave Trophy center plenty of business

The English Mirror what about The Scottish Sun or The Scottish Daily Record or even The Scottish Government any word from them yet

We all know the SNP stance on this but no other MP with a bit of clout from any other party has went near it.

While Torbett was in jail serving his first sentence Celtic continued to do business with his trophy centre business paying him £200,000 for "trophies"
This contract was ripped up in 2001 AFTER Torbett was released

Hush money?

Wasn't sure of timeline of payments. U would think questions should be asked

Interesting why the author Geraldine McKelvie, has had her story published in the Daily Mirror, and not the Daily Record. I know she writes for them both. As I checked out her latest work. And she wrote for the Daily record last week. I know they are sister papers but the Daily Record is surely the paper closer to home regards this article. Eyes watered up reading the article. Well done Geraldine for taking this to print, even if most that are interested in this story might not get to see.

What the hell!!!!

Andrew wasn’t fit for this tournament in Lyon,there was a whole CBC team there that would have been paid for from CBC/CFC.

He had pneumonia and was to ill to play and really should not have travelled with the squad,he begged his parents to go and they reluctantly agreed.

He was being groomed and was given a player of the tournament trophy and a tracksuit of the french national team.

He went to other places places where no tournaments were like Spain and Florida with other lads and Torbett,paid by Torbett/CBC.

Last edited:
In a statement, Celtic FC said the club was "fully committed to safeguarding children".
Presented with award

The statement went on: "Celtic Boys' Club was separate and distinct organisation from Celtic Football Club. It was vital that justice was served at that time, due to the extremely serious nature of this issue."
The statement added that anyone with any concerns should contact the club.

Now why would you be contacting the club when they have repeatedly said CBC was a "Seperate Entity" and nothing to do with Sellikfitbawklub?

As I see it whether they be eventually rid of this or not the very threat of millions in compensation to the victims will hamstring their spending,”nailed to the floor” would be karma plus.

What the hell!!!!

It's quite incredible the cover-ups that have taken place surrounding that vile club. It's like the script for a bad movie that is so far fetched, it that it's impossible to give it any credibility, only this is real. The really scary thing is...we probably only know a fraction of it.

https://scepticpeg.wordpress.com/2016/12/05/celtics-seedy-past/

See 2nd paragraph under the beasts pic for how they aslo 'beat Real Madrid'. Lies, deceit, cover-ups...it's what they do best.

Press restrictions would now be lifted as the appeal brought an end to proceedings.

Any injunction would also now be deemed spent.

This is horrific reading, Makes my blood boil. Not only that all this has happened, The fact that the SMSM are doing their very best to cover it up and the SNP aren't acting on it either.

This club should be shut down ( We all know that won't happen ) At the very least i hope they run into tens of millions of compensation.

Soon, more complaints were levelled against Torbett, including boys being taken to non-existent tournaments. One ex-boys’ club player said: “There was one in Spain when we never kicked a ball yet we were told to phone the sports desks of papers to say we won.

“I can remember lying that we played Real Madrid and Tommy Burns scored.”

What was going on at that vile cesspit is incomprehensible to normal, decent people.
Tommy Burns (Saint Tommy of Calton) gets a mention when he was credited with scoring a goal against Real Madrid in a match that never took place. What did Saint Tommy have to say about his name being used in that particular fairy story ?
Did he not think it was unusual in the extreme that matches and indeed scorers were being made up out of thin air ? Did he never question the motivation behind web of lies and deceit ?
Tommy Burns knew what was going on and he was complicit. He should have called the police; that’s what decent people do. I will never be convinced that he was innocent in all this.

The Roman Catholic Church has a lot to answer for in this backward country of ours. Shame on St. pats and Shame on the snp for not doing anything. Time the good people of Scotland vote these charlatans out.

He was so calculating vile human being!!

For me, what is most chilling is the family saying they went to the toilets at court and heard "Torbett's friends laughing and saying Andrew was a liar".

Friends? The dirty, evil bastard had friends at court, and they were laughing?

FFS, that makes my blood boil.

Hopefully it will all be published and acted upon when the last of the heinous b@stards gets sentenced.

Is Mac cafferty or whatever he’s called the only one remaining?

That we know of anyway!!!

Soon, more complaints were levelled against Torbett, including boys being taken to non-existent tournaments. One ex-boys’ club player said: “There was one in Spain when we never kicked a ball yet we were told to phone the sports desks of papers to say we won.

“I can remember lying that we played Real Madrid and Tommy Burns scored.”

What was going on at that vile cesspit is incomprehensible to normal, decent people.
Tommy Burns (Saint Tommy of Calton) gets a mention when he was credited with scoring a goal against Real Madrid in a match that never took place. What did Saint Tommy have to say about his name being used in that particular fairy story ?
Did he not think it was unusual in the extreme that matches and indeed scorers were being made up out of thin air ? Did he never question the motivation behind web of lies and deceit ?
Tommy Burns knew what was going on and he was complicit. He should have called the police; that’s what decent people do. I will never be convinced that he was innocent in all this.
Questions have to be asked of the Scottish media too. There is no way journalists swallowed lies like these. They knew what was going on. Hugh Keevins for example. He's hung around Parkhead for decades. What kind of journalist was he if he didn't have an inkling? He knew all right. Hugh would be better off retreating from the public eye asap. Before anyone asks him something difficult.

With dozens of victims coming forward, why are there not dozens of arrests and convictions? Oh yeah, no political will and no Police action and no media coverage or investigative journalists.

The Police say they will "investigate any complaints that come forward" - sure, coz best not to go out and do some proper investigative work, especially when it involves crimes of such serious nature that victims are traumatised and stigmatised and shunned by their church and community. But plod will just wait for the victim to come forward and the case to fall into their lap. That's why a full independent public enquiry is needed.

I was listening to a sportsound podcast this morning whilst cutting the grass.
It was an in-depth interview with ex-Celtic player and now coach John Kennedy.
I am pretty sure he was a product of Celtic Boys Club (someone on here may know different).
He basically discussed his upbringing and career in football but there was no mention of Celtic Boys Club.
I wouldn't be surprised if this is a deliberate tactic in the 'separate entity' argument.

Note: If he didn't come through Celtic Boys Club then ignore this post as utter drivel.

Back