Victims lawyer urges Celtic to set millions aside

BBC:
A former youth coach involved in Scottish football has been jailed after admitting a series of child sex abuse crimes.
Jim McCafferty, 73, worked at Celtic, Hibernian and Falkirk more than 20 years ago.
At the High Court in Edinburgh, he admitted 10 charges of indecent assault and one of lewd and libidinous behaviour against teenage boys.
He was sentenced to six years and nine months in prison.
He is the fourth man connected to either Celtic or Celtic Boys Club to be found guilty of historical child sex abuse in the past year.

Very lenient sentence for an already convicted Paedo (Belfast child sex abuse) and now convicted in Scotland and he only gets 6 years and 9 months

COPFS in Scotland is a sham

Repeat offender of child sexual abuse gets off with a really light sentence

Shame FC cannot use the Separate Entity bullshit this time

Hope the victims sue them for a lot of money

A Club Like No Other - you better believe they are

A rancid paedo harbouring organisation who should be punished for covering up over 40 years of child abuse

McGinn and Kelly should be pursued for aiding and abetting crimes and failing to tell the police

Slightly off topic but this case shows how important it is we get back in control of areas of our country .

Politicians - we have to get the snp out of councils and Scottish govt. wether you vote for labour or Tory’s etc is up to you and your beliefs but the snp need to be taken out of power and reduced to a level below 2007

Media- we need to improve our relationships in the media. A solution to the bbc situation should be a priority. It’s not right a major broadcaster especially with the rights to the highlights is so biased. Not just the bbc but all the media from sky to national news papers so we control narratives

PR- Leading on from above our PR since the 90s has been shocking it started with Murray and continued to now. We need to be challenging lies and boosting positive PR. Hopefully the new commercial director has ideas. And traynors company are gone. The scum are miles ahead.

Governing bodies- they control them all from the sfa to the spfl . Even Scottish seats on the ECA. They push the agenda and we need to ensure that changes. VAR, full time refs, plastic pitches all topics that need challenged but currently they have people like lawell in positions of power pushing it the way they want. The CO either needs to go or be changed. It doesn’t work

Prob other areas one missed as well

So when are these damning documentaries due to be shown...?
Daly's will be first I think as far as I know it was already made just waiting on a guilty charge the other one will be a while yet as it's covering numerous clubs in England with celtics name all the way through it

Can someone tell me, there was/is a public enquiry but it didn't include sporting organisations is that correct?

There has to be a public enquiry to allow the truth to come out and victims to get justice.

Celtic named in BBC headline article.

A former youth coach involved in Scottish football has been jailed after admitting a series of child sex abuse crimes.

Jim McCafferty, 73, worked at Celtic, Hibernian and Falkirk more than 20 years ago.

At the High Court in Edinburgh, he admitted 10 charges of indecent assault and one of lewd and libidinous behaviour against teenage boys.

He is the fourth man connected to either Celtic or Celtic Boys Club to be found guilty of historical child sex abuse in the past year.

Tick fucking tock.

Hi mate, I've refreshed. There is still no mention of the fact he was the Celtic first team kit man for years? Will it be added to the article later then?

I think this is a placeholder article until they can do something extensive. They want to be at the forefront of all breaking news, like most of the national outlets. Not defending BBC or that, but I'm sure we'll get some more information later.

BBC:
Boom

So now we get the documentaries.

The evidence against celtic is now massive but I bet right now,regardless how unsubstantiated and spurious the claims may be they will somehow find a way to tarnish our cub's name.

F*cking Hell, 12 charges. Weren't there initially 27, then whittled down to 23 and then down again to 19? A deal has been done as far as I'm concerned. Guilty pleas to much reduced charges, joke sentence for someone already imprisoned for similar child abuse charges.

Looks like the whole thing is a stitch-up to me.

Last edited:
I tell you what I'll be interested in is the way reports go up initially and any changes that are made to them.

It'll be telling where Celtic step in to speak to editors and journalists about editing wording when you see changes on initial links to Celtic suddenly becoming "football coach" comments instead.

F*cking Hell, 12 charges. Weren't there initially 27, then whittled down to 23 and the down again to 19? A deal has been done as far as I'm concerned. Guilty pleas to much reduced charges, joke sentence for someone already imprisoned for similar child abuse charges.

Looks like the whole thing is a stitch-up to me.

Something tells me he has squealed. Think this lesser sentence will see more arrests?

I think this is a placeholder article until they can do something extensive. They want to be at the forefront of all breaking news, like most of the national outlets. Not defending BBC or that, but I'm sure we'll get some more information later.

Yeah its a placeholder article that avoids any real detail with the intent to deceive. IMO

From Sky:
Patrick McGuire, a partner at Thompsons Solicitors, said, "With McCafferty today pleading guilty and being convicted of abuse it shows and puts beyond any doubt that the level of abuse that took place in a general Celtic football setting was absolutely prolific, it was horrific."

BBC:

8 months per incident,for potentially ruining someone’s life! F.F.S.

Let's see who tries to deflect this MASSIVE story. An inquiry is the very least people deserve. Lawell will be calling in all sorts of favours .Here's hoping even the scummy Scottish press finally have to admit what they've known all along.

It’s almost 11 years to the day since Saint Tommy of Calton passed away.
Tommy Burns was vehement in his defence of one of the other beasts, Frank Cairney, when the accusations first surfaced. He was either a very bad judge of character, or he was well aware of Cairney’s sordid activities and was part of the cover up of the wider paedophile ring at the Chamber of Secrets.
You decide.

Last edited:
Just hoping that the 'deleted charges' are not exempt from any documentaries that might be in the offing.Nothing would surprise me with this shower.Like dealing with a barrel of eels.

Yes, who was the PF, defence and judge, I wouldnt be surprised if more evidence was "lost or destroyed", an alarming habit and pattern when acolytes of Bheast FC are in the dock.

The COPFS is sham and is devoid any credibility and integrity.

Why accept any kind of deal, this piece of shit is bang to rights.

From Sky:
Patrick McGuire, a partner at Thompsons Solicitors, said, "With McCafferty today pleading guilty and being convicted of abuse it shows and puts beyond any doubt that the level of abuse that took place in a general Celtic football setting was absolutely prolific, it was horrific."

Credit to Sky, they get ripped right in.

Compare that to the BBC and other media outlets in Scotland.

Back