Victims lawyer urges Celtic to set millions aside

Patrick McGuire, of Thompsons Solicitors, is representing some of McCafferty's victims in civil cases.

He called for action from Celtic Football Club.

"McCafferty's connection with Celtic is now utterly undeniable," he said.

"We now know that some of the abuse took place in Celtic premises. What he did was groom the boys but at the same time groom the parents, always with Celtic dangling on the end of a stick as a golden carrot. It's just utterly unforgivable.

"McCafferty's conviction is probably the last conviction that we'll see in a Celtic setting. But what's never happened is any form of financial justice for the survivors of abuse at Celtic Park and that's why now all eyes are on the board of Celtic Football Club to do the right thing."

Disappointing and pretty timid statement from McGuire in all honesty.

Seriously why has no one ever connected the dots?

Celtic BC, Celtic FC, the trophy centre, the Fairbairn (is that the right name?) charity, the links with Barry Bennell, Saville etc.

Those dots have been connected on here time after time. That's what makes this whole thing more galling. It’s all in the open, all anyone had to do was look.

There is no appetite to do so in this country, the child abuse enquiry that doesn’t look at sporting institutions and religious institutions is testament to that.
Anyone that mentions it is a point scoring bigot.

Every click at the turnstiles is another person condoning what has went on at this club. Ignoring it doesn’t mean it didn’t happen in your name.

Those dots have been connected on here time after time. That's what makes this whole thing more galling. It’s all in the open, all anyone had to do was look.

There is no appetite to do so in this country, the child abuse enquiry that doesn’t look at sporting institutions and religious institutions is testament to that.

Every click at the turnstiles is another person condoning what has went on at this club. Ignoring it doesn’t mean it didn’t happen in your name.

Someone put together an accurate one pager, with references linking them all and then it gets circulated.

There is now irrefutable proof that McCafferty was in league with Barry Bennell, there was Neil Strachan Celtic BC East's secretary general, a man who ran the largest paedophile ring in the UK. Celtic Boys Club was so obviously a massive paedophile ring. Everyone knows this.

The entire rancid and grotesque cult that is Bheast FC should be outlawed and proscribed in a civilized, descent society.

Last edited:
Helene Gray should reach out to Andy Woodward and tell him about the vile twitter abuse she is receiving by trolls who support child abusers as they cannot condemn a football club they support who have covered up wide scale child abuse

Woodward was abused by a Bennell at Crewe

McCafferty was taking kids to Crewe and letting Bennell have access to these kids

If Shame FC don’t apologise to the victims it’s another shocker from a vile and rancid club

There is now irrefutable proof that McCafferty was in league with Barry Bennell, there was Neil Strachan Celtic BC East's secretary general, a man who ran the largest paedophile ring in the UK. Celtic Boys Club was so obviously a massive paedophile ring. Everyone knows this.

The entire rancid and grotesque cult that is Bheast FC should be outlawed and prescribed in a civilized, descent society.
Utterly reprehensible

Listening to the H&H Daily Update just now which is touching upon this.

In any decent and fair society they should be shut down

Good to see it on Sky news there .

Watched Sky News earlier and nothing reported at 1.00 pm

Gave up on them

At least they reported it now

Did they highlight the links to Bennell and McCafferty on national TV?

Only seen it mentioned on the web but this link is sinister given Bennell was a serial abuser like McCafferty

I hope the victims push for an apology and big financial compensation

Where is the Coatbridge deviant
Nail us to the floor he said
It’s everybody’s duty to pay as little tax as possible
It’s also every decent human beings duty to report crime
Especially the vilest crimes known to man
Well .....ex chairman of Celtic football club
Do you have any comment about what went on
Politicians are not noted for keeping their mouths shut
Why the silence
Young men’s life’s have been taken from them but still not a word
Snake fc , no morals or human decency amongst any of you
It’s frightening the grip this cult has on its disciples

Maybe a suttle banner with 'guilty as charged' and like the jolly craicsters, wear judge wigs instead of bowler hat's. Only jesting and no offence meant regarding this heinous matter, but just makes me think; if it was us?

Watched Sky News earlier and nothing reported at 1.00 pm

Gave up on them

At least they reported it now

Did they highlight the links to Bennell and McCafferty on national TV?

Only seen it mentioned on the web but this link is sinister given Bennell was a serial abuser like McCafferty

I hope the victims push for an apology and big financial compensation

Yes they mentioned it .Quite pleasantly surprised on the report considering Robert Murduch owned .

Just how many knew? How many actively covered it up? Who else was involved in abuse as I doubt they have all been outed? How many enablers?

Utterly sick.

We have heard it from there greatest ever captain, “it was an open secret”

What gets me is, where were the fucking parents when all this was going on? I don’t believe for a minute that some of them hadn’t heard of the horrible abuse going on at the hands of these creatures

Exactly what I heard and though,it’s a ring and was pre-arranged.
The links with Bennell and how they would arrange tournaments is pretty damning. Also the ex Man City player talking about how he would ask who was playing, was this a new player. Sounds like a grooming ring.

We have heard it from there greatest ever captain, “it was an open secret”

What gets me is, where were the fucking parents when all this was going on? I don’t believe for a minute that some of them hadn’t heard of the horrible abuse going on at the hands of these creatures
Of course they did. I was playing football in the late 70’s/ early 80’s and it was openly talked about. No way all those parents never suspected what was going on.

I can’t see any insurance company covering this. You really would have to question that.
The crime lies with the individual. The solicitors then chase the employer in civil cases for their negligence in not having procedures or checks in place to reduce the risk of such things happening - or knowing about something and not doing anything about it - i.e. negligence, failure of a duty of care, etc. Hence Liability insurance would cover that.

Perhaps b
The crime lies with the individual. The solicitors then chase the employer in civil cases for their negligence in not having procedures or checks in place to reduce the risk of such things happening - or knowing about something and not doing anything about it - i.e. negligence, failure of a duty of care, etc. Hence Liability insurance would cover that.

But the crime itself has never been the issue. The 40 year cover up is. You don’t get insurance for that

That's now 5 people convicted. There was quite clearly a paedophile ring operating. Add in the likes of jimmy Saville visiting I am utterly astounded there has been no public enquiry. We dont be a bit of tax and its like the worst thing ever. Any other business with this type of criminality would be closed down.

One of Torbett’s money hungry fanboys is now on twitter harassing the victims and asking Daly to give him the opportunity to prove it’s just a simple misunderstanding.

He did state to a reporter that they played in Scotland in a tournament called the Celtic cup. There was a picture of Saville,Stein and a priest posted ages ago holding a trophy. I'm not sure if that was the Celtic cup but I certainly wouldn't be surprised if it was.
That’ll be the cup that cost £1m in 4 £250,000 instalments and you all thought it was Torbett hush money.

@[B]BBCMarkDaly[/B]
FollowFollow @BBCMarkDaly
More
Breaking: ex Celtic coach and kit man Jim McCafferty pleads GUILTY to 12 child sex abuse charges. Charges span 26 years and relate to children who played with N. Lanarkshire and Celtic boys club and pro youth teams. Sentenced to six years nine months.

@[B]glasgowcathcart[/B]
FollowFollow @glasgowcathcart
More
Replying to @[B]BBCMarkDaly[/B]
Mark can you follow me please. Want to DM you
12:18 PM - 14 May 2019

Back