Victims lawyer urges Celtic to set millions aside

Maybe not Celtic but the sfa head man who happens to be a media man with close ties to Dermot could be threatening all sorts of non cooperation etc. The main reason he’s in there in the first place.

What "sorts of non cooperation" - failing to get an interview with their new manager, removal of advertising from their paper?

Spoke to 2 Celtic fans who have the usual head in the sand attitude today literally no interest to discuss it. Even the gf who is one of them told me to %^*& off when I mentioned it and would only say it was sad it happened but it was a individual crime and nothing to do with Celtic. She’s not even a proper fan only really through her dad prob doesn’t even know the club silence but has the same attitude as the rest of them. Can only hope it all comes out and they can’t anymore

the fact some on here commenting seem to believe that this is only about money to the victims (and more will come forward when the compo starts to be issued) or salivating over how much it's going to cost celtic on a purely footballing side is deplorable, those reasons should not and never be the priority.

Justice for the victims is the priority

Of course justice for the victims is the priority but it must not stop there.

It is not a case of salivating over how much this will cost celtic. Celtic must be punished heavily for this so a message is sent out that institutions who turn a blind eye to abuse will not escape justice.

Right now Scotland seems like a pedophiles paradise because of light punishments and the cover ups that are clearly in place to prevent big businesses being held accountable.

So yes the victims are the priority but also appropriate punishments are essential so nobody or no business or sporting institution escapes justice.

What "sorts of non cooperation" - failing to get an interview with their new manager, removal of advertising from their paper?
I’m not sure but I suppose it could be anything or just pulling some string, calling in favours or applying other types of pressure. He was chosen and installed for a reason and it wouldn’t be the good of Scottish football.

I hope it’s the silence that kills them. If they just accepted guilt they might have got away with just paying compo aye it might have cost them a few million but they would have been fine financially . This whole seperate entity defence could really turn the decent members of society against them and end up with calls for the govt or the sfa to take action . The cover up is the vile part. These horrible people are everywhere but do the right thing and you are at least not an enabler.
Yes the powers that be at Celtic should have accepted and acknowledged it happened in the first place. At their club. By employees of their club. Apologise on behalf of past regimes covering it up therefore preventing justice being done and not ensuring the safety of boys linked to the club. They aren’t the first organisation infiltrated by paedophiles and sadly won’t be the last. But clearly back then there were no safeguards in place to protect these boys. The disturbing thing is it was an
“open secret” and nobody within the Celtic hierarchy put a stop to it.

Dornan asks Mark Daly to contact him in private on Twitter and lo and behold the word Celtic disappears.

hvb2wk.jpg

See to me I find it worse that nobody has come forward being abused by more than one. 4 predators at the club at the same time and just seems a big coincidence that there was no crossover if they weren't actively talking to each other.

McCafferty confession, been a while since I seen it didn't he mention they as if he knew there was more?

Spoke to 2 Celtic fans who have the usual head in the sand attitude today literally no interest to discuss it. Even the gf who is one of them told me to %^*& off when I mentioned it and would only say it was sad it happened but it was a individual crime and nothing to do with Celtic. She’s not even a proper fan only really through her dad prob doesn’t even know the club silence but has the same attitude as the rest of them. Can only hope it all comes out and they can’t anymore
You need a new Mrs

The Sun now calling it for what it is - a paedophile ring cover-up.

PREDATORS Celtic Boys Club at centre of paedophile ring cover-up claims after FOURTH footie perv nailed

The Hoops could be hit by multi-million pound claims over the abuse scandal as one victim of kitman James McCafferty alleges a beasts' network abused players 'for many years'

By Graham Mann
14th May 2019, 10:31 pm

CELTIC Boys Club was at the centre of paedophile ring cover-up claims tonight after a fourth predator was nailed.

One victim of kitman James McCafferty, 73 alleged a beasts’ network abused starlets “for many years”.

He said: “I genuinely believe there has been a paedophile ring in operation for many years. I believe it has been covered up by various people in various prominent positions.”

Lawyer Patrick McGuire added: “The level of abuse that took place in a general
Celtic setting was prolific.”

Celtic Boys Club abuse victims’ lawyer urges Hoops chiefs to set aside millions for compo payouts like Manchester City

Hope yous are right guys it does seem a bit on the low side for the amount of victims in this sordid affair.

The football authorities, including Uefa should suspend their license to take part in any competition until a full independent inquiry has taken place, this includes the removal of Liewell from his position at Uefa, so as not to have a conflict of interest.

If you think Uefa won't allow you a license to take part in Europe if you have not submitted accounts, then suspension for peado ring cover up is the least they can do to start with.

It's undeniable that there are people out there who are actively trying to stop the victims getting justice, those with a vested interest in CFC. There are others who I think probably just don't want to get involved either because they don't want the hassle or don't want to lose votes by upsetting celtic support.

I don't think anyone on here would disagree with that statement above. That being the case, I think the best way to try get support for a inquiry is to highlight how rife it was within Scottish football. I read somewhere that Police Scotland have investigated and found 153 cases of abuse in Scottish football. 153!!!

Yet the Scottish government deemed that sport should be outwith the scope of the inquiry into CSA, given that it was so prevalent how can any parent be confident that their kid is safe when they allow them to go train at a football team? If there hasn't been an inquiry to learn from the mistakes of the past how can we know they won't be repeated in the future?

That would likely lead to a reticence when it comes to encouraging youngsters to take up the national sport. That line of argument is more likely to win over those too scared to call for an inquiry IMO.

*** Before anyone has a go, I think it's an abomination on Scottish society that you have to come up with ways to convince people to do something about this but we need to engage in realpolitik.

It's undeniable that there are people out there who are actively trying to stop the victims getting justice, those with a vested interest in CFC. There are others who I think probably just don't want to get involved either because they don't want the hassle or don't want to lose votes by upsetting celtic support.

I don't think anyone on here would disagree with that statement above. That being the case, I think the best way to try get support for a inquiry is to highlight how rife it was within Scottish football. I read somewhere that Police Scotland have investigated and found 153 cases of abuse in Scottish football. 153!!!

Yet the Scottish government deemed that sport should be outwith the scope of the inquiry into CSA, given that it was so prevalent how can any parent be confident that their kid is safe when they allow them to go train at a football team? If there hasn't been an inquiry to learn from the mistakes of the past how can we know they won't be repeated in the future?

That would likely lead to a reticence when it comes to encouraging youngsters to take up the national sport. That line of argument is more likely to win over those too scared to call for an inquiry IMO.

*** Before anyone has a go, I think it's an abomination on Scottish society that you have to come up with ways to convince people to do something about this but we need to engage in realpolitik.

IIRC there was a separate inquiry into Scottish football abuse which was halted/delayed until all the cases at court were finished.

This has been systematic since childhood for a lot of their fans mate. If you get my drift :cool:

The English police should be involved now.its a UK wide investigation.

Totally agree. Police Scotland and the COPFS have made too many mistakes and lost critical evidence so they should be removed from any investigation due to their lack of professionalism

Get the English Police involved if offences have taken place in England

I have very little confidence in PS and COPFS as they are not serving the public well

McCAfferty was a repeat child sex offender and he only gets 6 years and 9 months for more child sexual offences

WTF is wrong in Scotland??

Totally agree. Police Scotland and the COPFS have made too many mistakes and lost critical evidence so they should be removed from any investigation due to their lack of professionalism

Get the English Police involved if offences have taken place in England

I have very little confidence in PS and COPFS as they are not serving the public well

McCAfferty was a repeat child sex offender and he only gets 6 years and 9 months for more child sexual offences

WTF is wrong in Scotland??
Agreed,English police should do there own investigation,this is the tip of the ice Berg ,I would expect victims to come forward now,it may start with a trickle comming forward,the dam has well and truly burst now.i would expect a statement from deflection fc tomorrow.its to big to ignore.

Back