Victims lawyer urges Celtic to set millions aside

Dornan asks Mark Daly to contact him in private on Twitter and lo and behold the word Celtic disappears.

hvb2wk.jpg

Dornan lacks the intellect to deal with Daly. If he tries to partake in any government cover up then i'm sure that'll play nicely into the hands of Daly.

Regardless of his loyalties, Daly will not approaching this with any plan to protect the club. He's professional in what he does.

Are their club sponsors also liable to pay compensation because they financially enabled the criminal activity and attracted victims towards the club by the association?

I've just asked Ruth Davidson on Twitter if she is going to ask fir a full enquiry into the sordid affairs at Celtic FC I think we should start puting pressure onto msps and ask wtf are they doing about this scandal

My mate tweeted her asking something along the same lines and was blocked by her.

I think people are thinking that Celtic will be taken to task for this and have their name taken through the mud and potentially pay out compensation to the victims.

This won't happen.

Hopefully the Record are able to go to print now after today's events.

Hoping the same mate that the information we’ve been told that the mhedia have in there possession all comes out now and the documentaries that are rumoured can now be shown they really need brought to task over this no getting away with it this time

The crazy thing is..this is more than likely to be the tip of the iceberg. I'm sure Celtic have done everything to destroy any evidence of the era, but all files, all people on the books from the manager to the tea lady should all be investigated during this time, someone will crack and the floodgates will open.

This has been posted before but it's an excerpt from Macari's book.

Away from first-team and club matters, which were bad enough, another issue was beginning to raise its ugly head at the club. Within a month of my arrival one of the young players asked to see me in my office. 'Here we go,' I thought. 'That didn't take long. Here's a youngster in to complain about not being in the team. Straight away he's going to be into me to give him his chance.' He sat down and told me that he had had problems on a trip to North America with the youth team. One of the fellas in charge had made advances towards him.

As a manager you expect to have to sort out all sorts of problems. But this wasn't one I ever saw coming. I was staggered. To be frank, I didn't know how to respond for the best. Clearly the kid was distressed about what had happened, but I felt I couldn't just approach the accused and ask him to explain himself without proof. My hands were tied, in a way. I felt completely stuck and out of my depth. I spoke to my staff. They were shocked. My gut feeling was that the kid was speaking the truth, but there was no mechanism within the club or within my experience to deal with it. It was a police matter if anything. Any investigation had to start with them.

What I hadn't really thought about before, possibly because I haven't seen it since they made their "distinct and separate entity" claim is why would a youth player that had nothing to do with the first team be going to the Celtic manager if they were two separate things?

Were Celtic only making that claim about the boys club and is their youth team different? I've seen both referenced in the last few days.

What I hadn't really thought about before, possibly because I haven't seen it since they made their "distinct and separate entity" claim is why would a youth player that had nothing to do with the first team be going to the Celtic manager if they were two separate things?

Were Celtic only making that claim about the boys club and is their youth team different? I've seen both referenced in the last few days.
I've just realised (having read that excerpt a few times on here) that this seems to be the 2nd "issue" that a child has had with an adult associated with them whilst in the US. This could possibly open up a whole different, larger can of worms. How many more were victimised on these trips? It just seems to get worse the more you look.

She’s prob just angry cause her dad has been shaggingbher and hasn’t been allowed to fuk ger brother

Poor thing
Your crude comments and atrocious spelling make me think you went to a school with 'Saint' at the start of its name.

Last edited:
Based on this thread I expected more than a 6 year jail sentence and for it to be more damming coverage
We all expected a longer sentence, but the judge's hands are tied in that they must use sentencing guidelines from the time the offences took place. The likes of Bennell had a much longer (more appropriate?) sentence as he was found guilty of 50 individual charges, McCafferty was 12.

We all expected a longer sentence, but the judge's hands are tied in that they must use sentencing guidelines from the time the offences took place. The likes of Bennell had a much longer (more appropriate?) sentence as he was found guilty of 50 individual charges, McCafferty was 12.
The short sentence maybe because he’s turned supergrass. Let’s hope he’s named more names. I would have expected the snp with a statement this morning on a public inquiry. I’m in England and I’ve heard nothing. Only what’s been on the news. Why isn’t our so called government announcing an inquiry?

Spears doing what Spears diesel, the Can’t thinks he is a crusader but pick the wrong crusades every time. Abafoon

Spiers is a provocateur. Much like Yiannopolis. I don't think he actually believes what he's saying, he's more stirring the pot to be controversial and keep himself relevant. He knows a campaign for justice isn't about pint scoring but he also knows there's no mileage in that.

I think people are thinking that Celtic will be taken to task for this and have their name taken through the mud and potentially pay out compensation to the victims.

This won't happen.
What I’ve seen since yesterday is already more than I expected.
I think it may have already started, bud.
It probably won’t go as far as we’d want of course.

The short sentence maybe because he’s turned supergrass. Let’s hope he’s named more names. I would have expected the snp with a statement this morning on a public inquiry. I’m in England and I’ve heard nothing. Only what’s been on the news. Why isn’t our so called government announcing an inquiry?
We have no idea how high this goes. It's been said that they will do almost anything to keep the RC vote, but most of the cover up falls when they were virtual nonentiities in the political landscape. That being said, who has been assisting in keeping things quiet through the years? I think there could be some very influential people involved. Saville, the shamed Cardinal........who else????

Last edited:

so Macari comments on "its a police matter" - correct

does he actually contact them?

It will happen you ain't seen nothing yet
It’s coming mate. BBC Scotland and the Nationalists can sit on it as long as they want. ITV are on it now and they won’t let it go. If sturgeon doesn’t launch an inquiry soon into Celtic and the SFA then she’ll do herself more damage than she already has imo. This is just the start of uncovering the beasts and the ones who knew. Well done the victims for coming forward and hopefully it gives more victims of what went on the incentive to do the same.

It’s coming mate. BBC Scotland and the Nationalists can sit on it as long as they want. ITV are on it now and they won’t let it go. If sturgeon doesn’t launch an inquiry soon into Celtic and the SFA then she’ll do herself more damage than she already has imo. This is just the start of uncovering the beasts and the ones who knew. Well done the victims for coming forward and hopefully it gives more victims of what went on the incentive to do the same.

All we need now is for Channel Four to get involved. Alex Thomson will get his sleeves rolled up and there'll nowhere for them to hide.

Watch out for flying pigs.

Last night, Patrick McGuire, of Thompsons Solicitors, which represents victims of abuse, said: “We have several sources of evidence now that show there were links between McCafferty and Bennell and links between McCafferty and Torbett.

“We have two or three of the most prolific paedophiles in the football setting who all happened to be connected to games and tournaments.

“Is that too much of a coincidence for there not to be any form of organisation? Our view would be absolutely.

“It defies all statistics or logical analysis for us to be looking at anything other than what would seem to be some form of paedophile ring operating in football at that time.”

It's all becoming very uncomfortable for Celtic and those who turned a blind eye to the abuse that took place on their watch.

All we need now is for Channel Four to get involved. Alex Thomson will get his sleeves rolled up and there'll nowhere for them to hide.

We’ll see mate. I honestly don’t see how this can be swept away though?

Spiers out with the big, bag Rangers rhetoric.

These snakes have got to be bought and paid for? There can be no other reason for their actions.

Same with that Alex Thomson guy appearing out of nowhere to attack us at any opportunity. A friend of Phil isn’t he?

The attacks on us always felt orchestrated. Now the defence of the pedophiles and their enablers seem orchestrated too. Something stinks.

Totally agree. Police Scotland and the COPFS have made too many mistakes and lost critical evidence so they should be removed from any investigation due to their lack of professionalism

Get the English Police involved if offences have taken place in England

I have very little confidence in PS and COPFS as they are not serving the public well

McCAfferty was a repeat child sex offender and he only gets 6 years and 9 months for more child sexual offences

WTF is wrong in Scotland??
Catholics looking after their own.

No word as yet from Celtic Football Club, the SFA/SPFL And The Scottish Government I think they all might be having a wee conference call first. And to think wee Nippy was on TV within hours of a coin hitting wee Lennie's jacket. .
#yoursilencesaysalot

If he does get involved he'll certainly dig deep in to it, but he's been incredibly quiet so far to the point I'm not sure if he'll take up the story.

If he does get involved he'll certainly dig deep in to it, but he's been incredibly quiet so far to the point I'm not sure if he'll take up the story.

No chance mate he was involved in the biggest scandal in sporting history , were one club used dodgy tax scheme , no way he would be interested in a UK wide peado ring with 10s maybe hundreds of victims over four decades , his lack of interest in this , shows he was head hunted by the mentally challengeds to take our issues to a UK audience .

Back