Victims lawyer urges Celtic to set millions aside

i keep getting asked to provide evidence of their cover-up every time i comment, can never reply as im not exact on the details. really hope these f*ckers get their comeuppance and the survivors get proper closure

Maybe not Celtic but the sfa head man who happens to be a media man with close ties to Dermot could be threatening all sorts of non cooperation etc. The main reason he’s in there in the first place.
King was right to call that creep out, but how can there be no conflict of interest when Maclennan is employed by Dermot & that other Celtic director
Shifty is chairman of the Press Association group, Independent News & Media as well as SPFL ?????
I would think this arsehole would be able to come down heavily on any journalist or paper that would run with any in depth story
Am I right in saying Dermot & the other director own around 49% of Independent News & media group?

Had to chance to think about last 24 hours

Good news
Another horrible man will hopefully die in jail

The victims will hopefully get some compensation and a apology eventually through the courts

Bad news
Story’s are already being buried and is already being talked about less. Celtics PR which sadly they are excellent at is working

The govt or the sfa have no appetite for a public enquiry and I think it’s unlikely to happen

The media will not investigate this deeply and hope it will disappear (stark contrast to the tax case)

I’m summary it’s good news for the victims who hopefully can find closure soon. But this is not gonna impact Celtic significantly in any way and the cover up is likely to remain just that.

BTW has any Scottish politician came out and spoke about it?

I understand why the likes of Dornan, Yousaf etc haven't but what about the other parties? Surely it's an open goal to criticise the SNP?

Good news

The victims will hopefully get some compensation and a apology eventually through the courts

Bad news
Story’s are already being buried and is already being talked about less. Celtics PR which sadly they are excellent at is working

The govt or the sfa have no appetite for a public enquiry and I think it’s unlikely to happen

The media will not investigate this deeply and hope it will disappear (stark contrast to the tax case)

I’m summary it’s good news for the victims who hopefully can find closure soon. But this is not gonna impact Celtic significantly in any way and the cover up is likely to remain just that.

BBC Scotland homepage completely cleansed of the story. Utterly shameful.

eba7b6.jpg

The SNP do not want to get involved at any cost! They’ve used anti British/Protestant bigotry to further their cause in order to take the catholic vote from Labour. They are not going to stir a hornets nest with Celtic and risk that backing. Thats the “moral” standing of the SNP, makes me sick to my stomach!

eba7b6.jpg

I genuinely believe that even if a journalist wrote a damming piece with undeniably evidence of a cover up. The govt and the media would ignore it. There’s to many of ‘them’ in high positions that wouldn’t dare risk harming their beloved hoops

Neighbour's Scottish Daily Mail this morning had the story buried this morning (small article on P. 26).

The Bheasts certainly wield an unhealthy influence up here.

Good news

Bad news

100% we are now witnessing the cover up of the cover up. There is no appetite in this country to investigate what exactly was going on at that football club which really is unfortunate as I believe that all this just now is only the very tip of the iceberg.

Last edited:
Who or what will determine if celtic are held to account for this and will be investigated.

Is it this Patrick Macguire chap or is it a police matter or parliament or a judge - what will trigger an investigation?

100% we are now witnessing the cover up of the cover up. There is no appetite in this country to investigate what exactly was going on at that football club which really is unfortunate as I believe that all this just now is only the very top of the iceberg.

This may be taking it a bit far but the synical side of my me thinks they are happy this is coming out now or perhaps helped it to. They can finally say that it is all coming out while having complete control of a govt and a complicite media. And once this all dies down and people continue to look they will call us obsessed and continuing to try and bring up a dealt issue.

They knew it would come out eventually so do it now when the media or govt won’t punish them significantly and then after can say. They are in jail, victims have been compensated, we have apologised. It’s time to move on from the boys club sandal for good

Who or what will determine if celtic are held to account for this and will be investigated.

Is it this Patrick Macguire chap or is it a police matter or parliament or a judge - what will trigger an investigation?

The only people that can trigger a investigation are the govt or the sfa. The media and the public can put on pressure but only they can hold one

Can't believe the BBC, covering up the scum's involvement in a case where young lives were fuckin ruined. You'd think they'd done that before with someone else :rolleyes: JS

I certainly don't think Saville's deeds help Celtic here (even less so if there's a link proven between Celtic, the Kilsyth Paedo Priest and Saville) given the sheer public outrage about it all.

People are far more aware of the sordid deeds these people get up to and are more willing to call it out.

100% we are now witnessing the cover up of the cover up. There is no appetite in this country to investigate what exactly was going on at that football club which really is unfortunate as I believe that all this just now is only the very tip of the iceberg.

Sadly, I think you you may be right here mate but hope we're both wrong.

This is the real question we should be concerned with. News is news, it'll be gone in a week. Actual tangible punishment requires the attention of lawyers and judges. If this were the other way round the mentally challengeds would already have tens of thousands in a Go Fund Me account to hire someone to investigate/bring charges.

King was right to call that creep out, but how can there be no conflict of interest when Maclennan is employed by Dermot & that other Celtic director
Shifty is chairman of the Press Association group, Independent News & Media as well as SPFL ?????
I would think this arsehole would be able to come down heavily on any journalist or paper that would run with any in depth story
Am I right in saying Dermot & the other director own around 49% of Independent News & media group?
They just ignore and deflect and nobody will ask questions or are shouted down when they do. I don’t know his positions or percentages but he appears to have had a successful media career and carries a lot of clout within it. He was handpicked for those attributes for one club and not one consideration was given to who would be best to take our game in the right direction. As I said in another thread, certain people linked to one club would rather our game went to oblivion than Rangers look good and/or them look bad. They’d destroy the lot before losing grip and are doing a decent job of destroying it anyway. The worrying thing is those people are in position to destroy it at will with a media who will stand and watch. Sports reporters who will sit back and watch their careers fading into the darkness along with the game rather than see a successful Rangers reinvigorate the game.

Good news

Bad news

I wouldn't stress too much about their ability to lean on Editors to suppress stories, when it goes to court there is insurmountable evidence the seperate entity is a myth and they will pay their victims what they owe them at the very least.

Certain mhedia outlets could have printed this evidence but it was pulled a few days before, it won't be pulled from the court room for compensation purposes.

They made a call to say they were a seperate entity and thus distance themselves, wrong call. Peter should have held his hands up and blamed previous boards he made the wrong call.

I wouldn't stress too much about their ability to lean on Editors to suppress stories, when it goes to court there is insurmountable evidence the seperate entity is a myth and they will pay their victims what they owe them at the very least.

Certain mhedia outlets could have printed this evidence but it was pulled a few days before, it won't be pulled from the court room for compensation purposes.

They made a call to say they were a seperate entity and thus distance themselves, wrong call. Peter should have held his hands up and blamed previous boards he made the wrong call.
This may be taking it a bit far but the synical side of my me thinks they are happy this is coming out now or perhaps helped it to. They can finally say that it is all coming out while having complete control of a govt and a complicite media. And once this all dies down and people continue to look they will call us obsessed and continuing to try and bring up a dealt issue.

That’s fair enough for the compensation claims to victims which is the most important thing but they need to be punished for a 40 year cover up which is just as bad as the abuse itself. How many kids could have been saved. How do they get punished for that if the media or govt refuse to take action

That’s fair enough for the compensation claims to victims which is the most important thing but they need to be punished for a 40 year cover up which is just as bad as the abuse itself. How many kids could have been saved. How do they get punished for that if the media or govt refuse to take action

Once the Compo payments are in the public domain, then it becomes difficult to hide the facts.

Here's a wee test...

Type "Celtic" into Google.

Not one mention of this story. I went up to page 5 and didn't see a thing about it.

The celtc PR machine are lightyear's ahead of our own.
If they are able to continually bury stories about the convictions of child rapists, our tax story would've been like shelling peas for them.

Football is all about the brand (sponsorship etc) these days and boy do they protect their's, aided and abetted by friends in the MSM.
No reports from BBC Scotland, Channel 4 etc from outside the front door at Parkhead today ? - That's how good they are.

Sadly I think you could be right as far as football sanctions go, as they have the authorities wrapped up. Unless the financial side collapses them and we use it like they did to remove them from the top league and their people from the positions they’ve been placed over the years. They had worked politicians and the media well in advance to prevent awkward questioning though.
Maybe we are getting strong at the right time to change that though.

eba7b6.jpg
Remember all the Rangers tax case stories that were on that page for days? Some would reappear weeks later as a most read article. Funny how these drop down faster than gravity

They are covering for the scum, like they did for Savile

I'd go one further and say it's THE biggest child abuse scandal ever in British sporting history.

Celtic should now be facing the toughest sanctions possible, including demotion and the stripping of titles.
Totally agree mate this is worse than match fixing

People have died because of the actions of this rancid club by not getting to the bottom of it

It could have poss giving the victims closure and tried to lead a normal life

But they tried to blank out the demons with drink and eventually passed away due to those demons

BTW has any Scottish politician came out and spoke about it?

I understand why the likes of Dornan, Yousaf etc haven't but what about the other parties? Surely it's an open goal to criticise the SNP?
This goes back over 40 years. Conservative and Labour governments could potentially both be complicit in the cover up of child abuse in that time. They won’t want to rock the boat.

This goes back over 40 years. Conservative and Labour governments could potentially both be complicit in the cover up of child abuse in that time. They won’t want to rock the boat.
I said as much a page or 2 back. They have & have had influential friends in high positions of power. The 2 examples I gave were Saville & the shamed Cardinal. How many more over the years have been on call when things got a wee bit too uncomfortable for them?

Remember all the Rangers tax case stories that were on that page for days? Some would reappear weeks later as a most read article. Funny how these drop down faster than gravity

They are covering for the scum, like they did for Savile

This is a good point- a few people using a page refresher extension on their browser could keep it top of the most read

@Carson no1 please remove this crass post immediately. It has no place in decent society and certainly should not be on this thread.
Keep this thread on track with intelligent, focussed and informative posts.
No need for gutter comments.
Can’t find it mate to delete

Think I got the wrong end of a story oops

Don’t think you are giving some of the victims the credit they deserve .

Don’t take that the wrong way. The victims are incredibly brave people but I don’t trust seperate entity fc at all and any apology will be hollow and a token gesture in the hope it ends the subject

Back