Victor Ikpeba - Joe Aribo is an exceptional player

Bonnyloyal

Ex international, Victor Ikpeba has described Super Eagles midfielder, Joe Aribo as an exceptional player that would add more value to the senior national team.

Aribo was on the score sheet as Nigeria played out a 1-1 draw against the Samba Boys of Brazil in Sunday’s international friendly game in Singapore. It was his second goal for Nigeria since making his debut against Ukraine last month.

However, the Atlanta Olympic gold medalist in an interview on Supersports Monday Night Football Programm that was monitored by Soccernet.ng, stated that Aribo has a bright future for the Super Eagles.

“I think Brazil dominated this game and they had more goal-scoring chances to win the game. Their possession football was splendid and we found it difficult to cope with.

“Credit to the Super Eagles for the goal they scored against Brazil. And credit to Aribo for the sublime goal he scored against the five-time World Champions. He’s such a wonderful player and I am delighted to see him play quality football for Nigeria. Joe Aribo is an exceptional player and he has shown the Super Eagles technical adviser, Gernot Rohr that he is ready to claim a regular shirt.”

bowyer-2-e1567427989418-600x394.jpg

For me his only issue is learning to cope with the hammer throwers in this league and he seems to be making progress in that department.
I can only see great things ahead for this young guy!

Victor Ikpeba played against us for Dortmund. He spent his whole time on the park diving and cheating. I fucking hated him, he can fúck off. :D
Yep , he's the guy amo, got caught making racist remarks to. Lorenzo said he was swearing in Italian, cameras showed otherwise .

So....let's discuss. What's he worth under contract. If it helps let's pretend he plays for the vhermin. 10million ?

"Sunsport understands that Viktor Ikpeba grew up watching his boyhood idols the gers crowded round a portable TV with his 7 siblings on the mean streets of central Lagos."

I know it's still "early days" but all things being equal, we can make a fortune on this guy.

Love watching his play.

An absolute terrific prospect, who's still adapting to the physicality and pace of Scottish football, as his inconsistent league form has shown.

However, that's only temporary and once he fully adapts, he'll be a huge asset to our title challenge.

Last edited by a moderator:
No.
It’s very important to keep his “you’re career will not develop, go backwards” advice in memory.
Just for the next time we’re trying to poach a player.
Not for me. It reeks of obsession - you know, that behaviour we're constantly accusing the filth of.
It would appear that Lee Bowyer is currently "living, rent-free, in the heads" of many of our support.

This talk pisses me off.
Can we not just win something with him?
Or maybe if getting old thinking it’s trophies first and this being what we’re in it for.

It's definitely not an age thing Tazza.

This talk pisses me off.
Or maybe if getting old thinking it’s trophies first and this being what we’re in it for.
Couldnt agree more, whenever one of our players shows up well, instantly we are trying to put a value on them for sale and speculating who would want them.
F£$% that. We have trophies to win, and European teams need a reminder of who we are.

This talk pisses me off.
I didn't exactly say "I don't care about winning stuff, I just want us to make money on him"

It goes without saying that of course winning stuff is the priority. You're looking for something that's not there.......

Bowyer is still raging. He still made a huge mistake going to Rangers :cool:
I listened in disbelief at the verbal diaharia Bowyer came away with on a talksport interview with Jim Whyte. I have absolutely no doubt he was on a cut of any money earned by a possible transfer fee such was the agony in his voice at losing Aribo for next to nothing. I could just about get my head around Bowyer wanting him to stay at Charlton for continuity but ffs BRENTFORD !!!. Thankfully Bowyer has had his opinion well and truly shafted by Aribos massive progress in Europe and on the International scene. When Whyte suggested Bowyer himself would have jumped at playing for the old firm he replied maybe at the end of his career , by fu*k he has delusions of grandeur, a very average player .

Back