Video footage of The scum singing that twisted chant at Ross County on Saturday

ThorntonMM

Firstly you can clearly hear its not just a dozen or so scumbags as has previously been suggested and secondly the drummer for the Green Brigade is helping to orchestrate it.

Look back at this time last year and you see how quickly the video clip of a couple of moronic Rangers fans pulling their eyes on a supporters bus to racially mock Kyogo of Celtic became national news.
Sky TV were even reporting it as headline news within hours. The BBC, Talk Sport and every other media platform were covering it. The Celtic board were of course instrumental in ensuring maximum publicity. Ange was interviewed the same evening where he spoke of putting a comforting arm round Kyogo. It was all done of course to embarrass the Rangers board who responded the following day by banning the guys for life and taking action against the supporters club.
The Police quickly made arrests.

This video is 100 times worse.

Why has there been media silence over it?
Why have the Rangers board not acted on behalf of the families of Davie Cooper, Walter Smith, Jimmy Bell and Andy Goram to utterly condemn the song and urge for Police to investigate by using CCTV or video footage from the various TV cameras to identify any of those involved?

Same old story, reported in to a different standard

We are fair game for the media because the board have a “dignified silence” strategy.

They and the rest of Scottish football ( as can be seen by Hibs fans in Perth) have carts Blanche to do what they like

My fear is that one day someone will take revenge on these people

We are fair game for the media because the board have a “dignified silence” strategy.

They and the rest of Scottish football ( as can be seen by Hibs fans in Perth) have carts Blanche to do what they like

Other than the snippet in the Scotsman. I've not seen it reported anywhere nor discussed on Radio.

The only thing I can think is the Rangers board don't want to give it oxygen, publicly anyway. I've been critical of their inaction in the past but I can understand why they wouldn't want the families to see this get publicity. It is absolutely vile.

Maybe thinking that if we give it more publicity it will catch on further. It's definitely one of the worst chants they've come up with and would be front page news in every tabloid if it was the other way round.

The Celtic board would not needed to have made a statement just given a nod and the mhedia / political cabal would have been all over this. Double standards at play yet again.

Yet we have people on here who claim Rangers supporters singing songs is what’s causing the media to come after us. The media and this country despise us. We have a viral video of their support singing songs glorifying and celebrating the deaths of Scottish football legends and yet there is silence. This is why I will never, ever give any of our enemies an inch. They are utter scum who will not stop until we are no more. They won’t get an inch from me. Bring it on scum.

Because our board seem to have taken a leaf from the Murray book of dealing with the press. You'd think that they'd realise saying nothing gives our enemies ammunition to say what they like and bury news about Celtic
Robertson etc don’t care. They do nothing.

You cant tell me no one in the msm havent seen this or know about this video,as soon as something like one stupid lassie sings a few stupid words with that abdul its national news,picked up off boards like this.We know there all lurking on here so total assholes dont want to upset the yahoo hoards and board simple.

You cant tell me no one in the msm havent seen this or know about this video,as soon as something like one stupid lassie sings a few stupid words with that abdul its national news,picked up off boards like this.We know there all lurking on here so total assholes dont want to upset the yahoo hoards and board simple.
The only logical conclusion to reach is that they agree with the words.

Humza or dornan obviously has nothing to say on this subject.
I wonder if they would be saying anything if roles were reversed(which they wouldn’t by the way because scum vile rats)

Other than the snippet in the Scotsman. I've not seen it reported anywhere nor discussed on Radio.
Humza or dornan obviously has nothing to say on this subject.
I wonder if they would be saying anything if roles were reversed(which they wouldn’t by the way because scum vile rats)

To be fair, esteemed government officials only comment on hard factual evidence, like videos uploaded by "wulliewanker".

I believe the process is to then make wild claims on social media to get the idea spread as far as possible (regardless of truth), using "if" a lot to make sure you can back out, and then not recognising or publicising when proven false.

Modern society has laws designed to punish those who deliberately "offend" others.
It's hard to think of any song at any football ground that is more offensive than this. Similar to sick chants about stadium disasters, it should be nipped in the bud before it gets out of hand. The way to do that is maximum publicity, maximum embarrassment and maximum arrests.

The rangers board have a duty to protect the legacy of our dead

This is an open goal

It needs nipped in the bud

Release a statement asking for arrests and for the people to be banned

If they don’t it will keep getting sung and it will fill stands doing it

No normal human being with an ounce of decency would go near that song.
Says it all that some of the scum support are all over it.

If these scum come to Ibrox singing this then there will be a response. Of that I have no doubt. And anyone who takes action against them will get no criticism from this bear.

I doubt 800 of them will have the balls to sing it at Ibrox. Two lines of police wouldn't be able to hold back our fans, and like you I would not criticise our fans reaction.

50,000 of them at OF games played in their midden will be a different story. And Sky Sports will probably turn down the microphones.

Scumbags sing scummy song = have a go at Rangers board.

Strange way to look at it.

The press is far more of an issue than our board.

This they shouldn't even be giving them the attention of releasing a statement on the song it's what these scumbags singing it want.

The comparison to the Kyogo stuff and how that was reported is pointless as well videos of that nature are always going to be picked up on by the media especially when it's all over social media and trending given the way journalism now works.

Good to see that some of their fans clearly don't want to join in. Some human decency from a minority at least.

Anyone singing that song is a vile scumbag.
The ones not singing were probably still learning the words. They have no decency

The rangers board have a duty to protect the legacy of our dead

This is an open goal

It needs nipped in the bud

Release a statement asking for arrests and for the people to be banned

If they don’t it will keep getting sung and it will fill stands doing it
I agree with you that this should be nipped in the bud, and would be happy to hear from the Rangers board condemning it. However nothing that these ignorant scumbags sing about will in any way tarnish the legacy left by Davie Cooper, Walter Smith, Andy Goram and Jimmy Bell. All four of them are at the very top in terms of the legacy they left at Rangers. Lowlifes singing about them won't change that.

It's obviously not our boards fault that these morons sing this vile song but it would be very disappointing if they and our pr guy are not highlighting it to the authorities, the media and the Celtic board.

Ross County should have called it out too.

It needs to be halted. It's absolutely disgusting but not surprising and the silence from plod and most of the media is shameful but again not really a surprise and it should be called out be political figures who seem to love getting involved in these matters when it suits their agenda.

Our country is a cesspit.

Any videos that circulate on social media I'd urge FF detectives to do their work and absolutely ruin people over this song. It is abhorrent and imo worse than the song sung about the GAA managers daughter. That was also abhorrent but only sung by a handful of people who were correctly called out for it and paid the cost. This song is being sung by thousands. Let's ruin a few and consign this song to the bin. It will end up a Bear gets the jail for lamping someone for singing this. As usual the SMSM are silent.

We know the board don’t stand up for us but for fcuksake these are Friends and Close colleagues it’s not even about showing them up it’s about doing the right thing,what is wrong with this board is nothing sacred to them ?

Because Racism and equality is all anyone cares about in the media nowadays, nothing else matters
As things stand, racism is against the law while distasteful mockery of the dead is not. Their support are very good at knowing what they can ‘get away with’, especially when they are reported on in a totally different way from our support and, to be honest, more or less every other support in Scotland.

There are simply no words for the people who created that song and for the people who sing it.

The poor men died far too young and as a result of some horrific illnesses. To celebrate that in a football ground - i just can’t get my head around it.

Back