Video footage of The scum singing that twisted chant at Ross County on Saturday

The only thing I can think is the Rangers board don't want to give it oxygen, publicly anyway. I've been critical of their inaction in the past but I can understand why they wouldn't want the families to see this get publicity. It is absolutely vile.

So like the paedo ring at Celtic we shouldnt mention it as its bad for the families and the victims?

Strange then the tims feel the need to highlight all of our songs or gestures, including phone ins and news headlines just like the Stephen Nolan Show discussing the song sung in an Orange hall about a young girl being murdered.

I know which approach works best.

So like the paedo ring at Celtic we shouldnt mention it as its bad for the families and the victims?

Strange then the tims feel the need to highlight all of our songs or gestures, including phone ins and news headlines just like the Stephen Nolan Show discussing the song sung in an Orange hall about a young girl being murdered.

I know which approach works best.
Bit of a weird comparison mate. Why would the Rangers board be expected to comment on the paedo ring at Celtic anyway?

As a fan of another club outside us and separate entity, do you think their fans are treated differently in the press?
Oh well they definitely are. The outcry over the Kyogo thing for starters. Okay, it was out of order but it was dafties who the vast majority of fellow Rangers support called out as such. It was then dealt with appropriately by the club.

The vile nature of this current chant, and others like it including those glorifying and condoning terrorist organisations and atrocities, are far too often overlooked when it comes to that lot.

There are certain songs I would happily sing along to in the right setting with likeminded people (none mocking the death of human beings right enough) however a public place where singing such things might attract negative attention or cause offence is not the right setting.

Can't put into words how much i detest they horrible crass cunts.People say its not as bad as it was years ago,bullshit I despise them more and more as time goes on.
Agree with this mate, it’s pure hatred these days and there is not a line some of them will not cross. It’s typical of a country where the government and media, actively drive division across society with a definite bias towards the minority who claim to be Irish Catholic.
It sickens me to be Scottish these days if I’m honest.

Oh well they definitely are. The outcry over the Kyogo thing for starters. Okay, it was out of order but it was dafties who the vast majority of fellow Rangers support called out as such. It was then dealt with appropriately by the club.

The vile nature of this current chant, and others like it including those glorifying and condoning terrorist organisations and atrocities, are far too often overlooked when it comes to that lot.

There are certain songs I would happily sing along to in the right setting with likeminded people (none mocking the death of human beings right enough) however a public place where singing such things might attract negative attention or cause offence is not the right setting.
Great reply for a Club like Celtic who don’t need much encouragement to voice their disdain it’s all been pretty quiet their end do you think they haven’t heard maybe someone in the Media,NBM or the Political circles in Scotland will ask them what they think about it .These bastards crossed the line many years ago without any condemnation then so it’s hardly surprising where we find ourselves today all of the above should hang their heads in shame and the worst bit of it all so should our Board of Directors even more so shame on them .

The only thing I can think is the Rangers board don't want to give it oxygen, publicly anyway. I've been critical of their inaction in the past but I can understand why they wouldn't want the families to see this get publicity. It is absolutely vile.

It is “out there” now.

Two different sets of supporters singing it.

If the club have nothing to say, we’re as complicit as the media who choose to ignore it. Cowardice on all sides.

The usual suspects will already have a copy. No point in sending it to them for comment

Same old story, reported in to a different standard

We are fair game for the media because the board have a “dignified silence” strategy.

They and the rest of Scottish football ( as can be seen by Hibs fans in Perth) have carts Blanche to do what they like

My fear is that one day someone will take revenge on these people
The only creíble defence in such matters is to go aggressively on the offence. Our Board is like a team sitting in and inviting pressure. It won’t stop coming until they act decisively and call it out strongly, taking legal action if required. Nicey nicey just does not cut it. We are confronted with evil here. It’s disgusting and depraved and by not speaking out they risk being accused of complicity.

It is “out there” now.

Two different sets of supporters singing it.

If the club have nothing to say, we’re as complicit as the media who choose to ignore it. Cowardice on all sides.
I don't necessarily disagree but there may be stuff going on behind the scenes. The club could have been in contact with the families and they could have asked them not to bring attention to it. Like I say, I'm highly critical of the board when it comes to defending the club/support but this is a little more sensitive.

I don't necessarily disagree but there may be stuff going on behind the scenes. The club could have been in contact with the families and they could have asked them not to bring attention to it. Like I say, I'm highly critical of the board when it comes to defending the club/support but this is a little more sensitive.

Perhaps you are correct. However it's not going to go away now.

Whilst we continue to be silent, we continue to allow ourselves to be trampled upon and treated the way we are. I think its intolerable now.

Firstly you can clearly hear its not just a dozen or so scumbags as has previously been suggested and secondly the drummer for the Green Brigade is helping to orchestrate it.

Look back at this time last year and you see how quickly the video clip of a couple of moronic Rangers fans pulling their eyes on a supporters bus to racially mock Kyogo of Celtic became national news.
Sky TV were even reporting it as headline news within hours. The BBC, Talk Sport and every other media platform were covering it. The Celtic board were of course instrumental in ensuring maximum publicity. Ange was interviewed the same evening where he spoke of putting a comforting arm round Kyogo. It was all done of course to embarrass the Rangers board who responded the following day by banning the guys for life and taking action against the supporters club.
The Police quickly made arrests.

This video is 100 times worse.

Why has there been media silence over it?
Why have the Rangers board not acted on behalf of the families of Davie Cooper, Walter Smith, Jimmy Bell and Andy Goram to utterly condemn the song and urge for Police to investigate by using CCTV or video footage from the various TV cameras to identify any of those involved?
Selectarianism = Scotland’s true shame

Bit of a weird comparison mate. Why would the Rangers board be expected to comment on the paedo ring at Celtic anyway?
Why not it has shamed Scottish football, a Club entrusted to look after youth players let them be raped by various coaches over the years and covered it up.

Once again it’s a one way street, so not surprised that no one has picked up on this.
It’s as clear as day what the agenda is, fans need to box clever with this.
If it’s called out it’s whataboutery, if nothing is said it’s swept under the carpet.
However if it’s a song sung by our fans then they all jump on to it.
The press that look in on these threads really show their lack of class when it comes to these things.
How many of them would class Walter Smith as a friend?
It needs a Club legend like Ally or Richard Gough to call this out.
Shameful but not unexpected.

Why not it has shamed Scottish football, a Club entrusted to look after youth players let them be raped by various coaches over the years and covered it up.
Come on mate, it'd be mortifying if our board came out and said something about that. Well I think so anyway.

Once again it’s a one way street, so not surprised that no one has picked up on this.
It’s as clear as day what the agenda is, fans need to box clever with this.
If it’s called out it’s whataboutery, if nothing is said it’s swept under the carpet.
However if it’s a song sung by our fans then they all jump on to it.
The press that look in on these threads really show their lack of class when it comes to these things.
How many of them would class Walter Smith as a friend?
It needs a Club legend like Ally or Richard Gough to call this out.
Shameful but not unexpected.
Next time there’s a kangaroo court with our fans we can shove this video in the bassas faces.

Perhaps you are correct. However it's not going to go away now.

Whilst we continue to be silent, we continue to allow ourselves to be trampled upon and treated the way we are. I think its intolerable now.
The biggest challenge we have, I think anyway, is the hostile media environment that we exist in. We have no natural allies in the press, or politicians, who will run with anything that paints them in bad light. If we spoke about this sections of the press would claim we are point scoring and all the rest of it. I do appreciate that we have to accept we're partly to blame for that.

The biggest challenge we have, I think anyway, is the hostile media environment that we exist in. We have no natural allies in the press, or politicians, who will run with anything that paints them in bad light. If we spoke about this sections of the press would claim we are point scoring and all the rest of it. I do appreciate that we have to accept we're partly to blame for that.

Yes, but that only applies if we're under the spotlight for some incident. Say some footage of our fans emerges that the press gleefully run with and all and sundry puts the boot in. Were we to respond by highlghting this song, yes, we'd be accused of points scoring 'Whataboutery' etc.

Thats why, in my opinion, we have to strike first, to get it out there.

Great reply for a Club like Celtic who don’t need much encouragement to voice their disdain it’s all been pretty quiet their end do you think they haven’t heard maybe someone in the Media,NBM or the Political circles in Scotland will ask them what they think about it .These bastards crossed the line many years ago without any condemnation then so it’s hardly surprising where we find ourselves today all of the above should hang their heads in shame and the worst bit of it all so should our Board of Directors even more so shame on them .
It’s like the cliche reporting we all get a bit of a twitch about, where it will be a ‘Rangers fan’ but if it’s them it’s ‘a man wearing a Celtic strip’. It goes against the buzz word algorithms of internet searches so helps to deflect as much shit away as possible. I know that sounds tedious and something of a conspiracy theory but it’s true, if you hit a headline for a bad reason, start giving people a variation of the name and they search for that and nothing comes up, therefore harder to spread these stories far and wide via the multiple social media outlets. This coupled with the fact Celtic PR have far too much influence over how things are reported re: their club/players/supporters. But yet it’s ALWAYS ‘Rangers fan’.

Yes, but that only applies if we're under the spotlight for some incident. Say some footage of our fans emerges that the press gleefully run with and all and sundry puts the boot in. Were we to respond by highlghting this song, yes, we'd be accused of points scoring 'Whataboutery' etc.

Thats why, in my opinion, we have to strike first, to get it out there.
The fact the press aren't running with it in any case, and the numerous moral crusaders who live for this sort of stuff when it's us, is loathsome in itself.

The fact the press aren't running with it in any case, and the numerous moral crusaders who live for this sort of stuff when it's us, is loathsome in itself.

Truely nauseating.

One wonders, of the pressmen looking in, they cant all be died in the wool Celtic supporters.

What is yanking their chains that makes them too cowed to run with this?

Truely nauseating.

One wonders, of the pressmen looking in, they cant all be died in the wool Celtic supporters.

What is yanking their chains that makes them too cowed to run with this?
Hugh Keevins let the cat out of the bag a few years back when he said, live on air, that if you're critical of Celtic your life is made "very difficult".

I guess this partly explains their moral and ethical flexibility.

Not giving it oxygen is getting us nowhere. The families will be aware of it if we're aware it so get it called out.

Some people seem a bit confused about what constitutes a 'hate crime'.

Here's the Metropolitan Police description:

"A hate crime is defined as 'Any criminal offence which is perceived by the victim or any other person, to be motivated by hostility or prejudice based on a person's race or perceived race; religion or perceived religion; sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation; disability or perceived disability and any crime motivated by hostility or prejudice against a person who is transgender or perceived to be transgender.'".

Goram, Bell, Smith and Cooper didn't have the 'special characteristics' required for the scum's song to be considered a hate crime.

Not giving it oxygen is getting us nowhere. The families will be aware of it if we're aware it so get it called out.
Mate I honestly don't disagree I'm just thinking that as its so sensitive there may be stuff going on in the background. If Rangers released a statement without consulting the families we'd all be disappointed. So I'm just presuming this may be the case.

Mate I honestly don't disagree I'm just thinking that as its so sensitive there may be stuff going on in the background. If Rangers released a statement without consulting the families we'd all be disappointed. So I'm just presuming this may be the case.
Hopefully you're right.

Dozen fans all phone radio Clyde phone in on same night and force it to get discussed. Simple and effective

Firstly you can clearly hear its not just a dozen or so scumbags as has previously been suggested and secondly the drummer for the Green Brigade is helping to orchestrate it.

Look back at this time last year and you see how quickly the video clip of a couple of moronic Rangers fans pulling their eyes on a supporters bus to racially mock Kyogo of Celtic became national news.
Sky TV were even reporting it as headline news within hours. The BBC, Talk Sport and every other media platform were covering it. The Celtic board were of course instrumental in ensuring maximum publicity. Ange was interviewed the same evening where he spoke of putting a comforting arm round Kyogo. It was all done of course to embarrass the Rangers board who responded the following day by banning the guys for life and taking action against the supporters club.
The Police quickly made arrests.

This video is 100 times worse.

Why has there been media silence over it?
Why have the Rangers board not acted on behalf of the families of Davie Cooper, Walter Smith, Jimmy Bell and Andy Goram to utterly condemn the song and urge for Police to investigate by using CCTV or video footage from the various TV cameras to identify any of those involved?
Bhastards.

Death to anyone that is not a Celtic supporter - that is a common theme.

Bobby McKean
Davie Cooper
Any royal family
Nacho Novo
Fernando
Walter Smith
Jimmy Bell
Andy Goram

When I say "we" Im not specifically mentioning our board. Celtic have a way of 'mentioning' things they shouldn't though.

The minute that the evidence was lost in the effigees case, the baw was burst.

The biggest single act of sectarianism is a Scottish Football ground and what did the papers want to talk about - smashed bogs.

The minute that the evidence was lost in the effigees case, the baw was burst.

The biggest single act of sectarianism is a Scottish Football ground and what did the papers want to talk about - smashed bogs.
It should have been more than the bogs that got smashed up that day.

Back