Vienna Away - Info and Updates in this thread

The days are dragging in, hopefully tomorrow we sign off with a victory before heading off on our travels on Monday.

Anyone up for a wine fest on Wednesday night in Grinzing? Starting off from the Hilton hotel at 1600. Taxi or tram to the village which is on the western outskirts probably a crawl of 30 wine bars. (They also sell beer). I’m bringing the wife…

Anyone flying Thursday @11.55 from Gatwick? Swithering about booking taxi, due to arriving at 15.15. Original plan was CAT train and underground to hotel. Happy to share, been quoted €30 for 3 passengers. I'm staying in the Carlton Opera hotel.

Anyone up for a wine fest on Wednesday night in Grinzing? Starting off from the Hilton hotel at 1600. Taxi or tram to the village which is on the western outskirts probably a crawl of 30 wine bars. (They also sell beer). I’m bringing the wife…
I am also in the Hilton, and with the missus but have plans on the Wednesday night. Hopefully can have a beer with you in the hotel at some point.

As staunch as the 6 cats that reside in our house are, they will likely be watching on tv (or more likely sleeping ). Cat litter is very useful to get your car out of snow drift conditions to get wheel grip ;)

You got a cat called Darcheville?

Definitely not

We are doing a wee tour on Wednesday, flying out of Edinburgh on Wednesday morning at 6am down to stanstead then to Gdańsk then finally arrive in Vienna around 3pm local time. Anyone else doing this route?.

There's 8 of us London to Vienna Ryanair flight on Thursday morning at 08:30.

We fly to London from Glasgow on Wednesday night.

I cancelled wed and Thurs in Vienna due to some bad news in the family... But have since rebooked it although I arrive on Thursday at 6.25pm so will have no chance of making the stadium.

Does anyone know where most bears without tickets will be watching the game?... And the quickest way to get there from Vienna airport?

Thanks a lot in advance...

I cancelled wed and Thurs in Vienna due to some bad news in the family... But have since rebooked it although I arrive on Thursday at 6.25pm so will have no chance of making the stadium.

Does anyone know where most bears without tickets will be watching the game?... And the quickest way to get there from Vienna airport?

The Bermuda Triangle or Schwedenplatz seems to be the area where most Bears without tickets will be congregating mate.

Hope your journey goes to plan fellow Bear and that you have a magic night with the other 4k Bears without tickets.

You will not be alone and will enjoy the best of company. ;)

Journey started already. In wetherspoons at the airport having the first drink of what's going to be a very drunken week. Roll on Thursday .. Let's Go!!!

Journey started already. In wetherspoons at the airport having the first drink of what's going to be a very drunken week. Roll on Thursday .. Let's Go!!!

Good effort mate, a full week will be hard going:D We stayed in Barcelona for 5 nights when we played them, I was gubbed by the end of it but wouldn’t have changed it for the world. The people you meet and the memories you make are what makes it all worthwhile. Even better if the teds manage a result.

We are doing a wee tour on Wednesday, flying out of Edinburgh on Wednesday morning at 6am down to stanstead then to Gdańsk then finally arrive in Vienna around 3pm local time. Anyone else doing this route?.
Me and my pal on that route as well.

Think I'll start drinking once we land in Gdansk, its a bit stop start up until that point.

Last edited:
Not arriving until 10pm on the Wednesday. Will head to hotel and then hopefully out for beers. Any idea how late bars stay open on a Wednesday night in Vienna?

Catch the CAT train from Vienna Airport to Wien Mitte.

https://www.cityairporttrain.com/en/home

You have a short walk from there to Schwedenplatz or catch the U4 to Schwedenplatz - only 1 stop.

Not arriving until 10pm on the Wednesday. Will head to hotel and then hopefully out for beers. Any idea how late bars stay open on a Wednesday night in Vienna?

Everything shut pretty early when we were over for Maribor but that might have been because it was a bank holiday (something about the incemination of Mary). Hopefully not this time.

Its just like the old days in Scotland when last orders were 9.50pm and chucking out at 10pm ;)

Anyone aware of travel arrangements towards hotels once at vienna airport? Mines roughly 30 mins drive it says.... hoping theres a train station nearby

Back