Vienna Away - Info and Updates in this thread

Sports Options organising a second flight from Edinburgh.

Dear Rangers Fan

After selling out our first flight we have managed to secure a second
flight from Edinburgh airport.

If you missed out on our first flight you can go to

https://www.sportoptions.com/Rapid-Wien-v-Rangers/index.asp

to book online now.

Kind Regards

Mark Saward

Sport Options LTD
34 New Cavendish Street
First Floor
London
W1G 8UB

TEL: 0207 935 6129
Twitter: @Sport_Options
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/sportoptions
<http://www.facebook.com/groups/sportoptions>
www.sportoptions.com <http://www.sportoptions.com/>

BA flights. Out 18:40 Wednesday evening so late arrival in Vienna, shame as would like to go earlier but can’t due to work. Still, at least I’ll get the full day on the Thursday :) Back same time on the Friday.

Ah, I’m afternoon. Hopefully there’ll be a few bears on board regardless :)

Moscow is the pick for me.

Always wanted to visit as a city and now have the perfect excuse.

Will be going into the home end, hopefully safely I’m sure with hundreds of other bears.

Me and my mate can’t do Villarreal as it’s too soon, we have been planning Vienna but he has had a spanner in the works for time off. We have actually joked with a couple of texts about Moscow, but not that serious. I didn’t think that without a ticket it would be that good a trip. You think a ticket for the home end will be easy? And it’s a decent city to find your way round in?

Glasgow to Vienna via Dublin and Milan, returning via Venice. Now the hunt for tickets commences, I’m in the travel club but the mates arent

Edinburgh to Warsaw on Tuesday, have a night there then Warsaw direct to Vienna on Wednesday morning

Its a great deal with Sports Options, times work out ideal with the overnight stay getting 2 full days there. Must be some amount of bears on all the flights now from both cities.

Its a great deal with Sports Options, times work out ideal with the overnight stay getting 2 full days there. Must be some amount of bears on all the flights now from both cities.
Agreed, Sport Options will easily fill both flights

Anyone flying out from Manchester on the Wednesday morning? 4 of us hoping to get enough numbers to share costs from Glasgow like a mini bus.

Also where is everyone staying? Thinking of booking a hotel near Vienna central station but don’t know if there is a square/meet up point arranged somewhere else?

Does anybody have any idea where the main gathering spot will be for the Bears? Just wondering if the hotel iv booked (Hotel Geblergasse) will be handy or if id be better changing the hotel? Cheers

Anyone flying out from Manchester on the Wednesday morning? 4 of us hoping to get enough numbers to share costs from Glasgow like a mini bus.

Also where is everyone staying? Thinking of booking a hotel near Vienna central station but don’t know if there is a square/meet up point arranged somewhere else?
we're flying out of Manchester at 14.30. If you book 12 weeks in advance you can get a train to manchester airport for only £12

I’m going to Vienna to see Northern Ireland in October so will be sussing out the place for a return trip hopefully really looking forward to it be at villareal booked for Benidorm hoping that I get ticket on 3points with travel club

12/12 Ed - Berlin - Salzburg
16/12 Salzburg - London - Ed
£163

Good option for me staying with a mate in Salzburg but anyone looking to spend some time in Austria this could be an option?

Does anybody have any idea where the main gathering spot will be for the Bears? Just wondering if the hotel iv booked (Hotel Geblergasse) will be handy or if id be better changing the hotel? Cheers

Don’t know but we tried to book that hotel twice then later on got a email saying the booking was cancelled so be wary mate.

think theres around 20 of us from blackpool true blues and also north lancs loyal not Glasgow unfortunately

Where the best area to bit tickets? On viaggo the now . west block well avoided. Where are the bears seated so can get near

I'd imagine it will be around Stephansplatz, most people head towards the cathedral when visiting. The subway system is great though so even if you're a few stops away it will be easy enough.

From looking, Alser Strasse is next to your hotel so I'd say 20mins on a tram or 20 mins with one change on the subway to Stephansplatz.

Last edited:
Yes mate, 7 of us!

Wednesday 12th:

Glasgow 0840 - Dublin 0945
Dublin 1405 - Vienna 1750

Friday 14th:

Vienna 1100 - Bristol 1230
Bristol 1840 - Glasgow 1955

10 of us on the Dublin route. 4 hours in Dublin airport Ooft haha.

We'll all need to avoid the bar to avoid getting the jail for singing haha

10 of us on the Dublin route. 4 hours in Dublin airport Ooft haha.

We'll all need to avoid the bar to avoid getting the jail for singing haha
I did the Unirea trip via Dublin as did quite a few other bears. A bit expensive for beer but other than that uneventful. One of the Dublin bears said it was good to see so much red white and blue there :D

I did the Unirea trip via Dublin as did quite a few other bears. A bit expensive for beer but other than that uneventful. One of the Dublin bears said it was good to see so much red white and blue there :D

I'm trying to hammer the OT at work. Less grief off the Mrs when it needs spent in the house :rolleyes::D

Anybody booked through sky scanner website Edreams? The money for my flight Dublin to Vienna 14:05 was pending since last week, the funds have now been returned to my bank?
Phoned up and they confirmed that it was all booked and paid for but no payment has actually been taken.

Always worry about booking through these dodgy companies.

Anybody booked through sky scanner website Edreams? The money for my flight Dublin to Vienna 14:05 was pending since last week, the funds have now been returned to my bank?
Phoned up and they confirmed that it was all booked and paid for but no payment has actually been taken.

Always worry about booking through these dodgy companies.

I'd check with the airline mate.

I'm sure the same thing happened to me when I used them for Leipzig. Took the money then returned it a few days later as the prices weren't available from the airline any more. When I tried to rebook it was a couple of hundred quid dearer.

I'd check with the airline mate.

I'm sure the same thing happened to me when I used them for Leipzig. Took the money then returned it a few days later as the prices weren't available from the airline any more. When I tried to rebook it was a couple of hundred quid dearer.

Already phoned edreams today and been on the website in which it still shows both on Ryan air and edreams. Trying to get in contact with Ryan air is murder

The guy I spoke to confirmed it was booked and paid for. I told him the money had no came out and he stated it's paid and confirmed.
No idea what's going on.

Tuesday 11th December
Edinburgh - Stanstead

Wednesday 12th December
07.15 - 10.25
Stanstead - Bratislava

Friday 14th December
06.50 - 08.15
Bratislava - Stanstead
11.30 - 12.50
Stanstead - Edinburgh

We got these flights for £74 each at the start of the week, hotel at stansted for an extra £15 each and the train from Bratislava to Vienna is about an hour.

Prices were still not bad a couple of days ago if anyone fancies a few days at it. Ryanair.

Did anyone else book match tickets via the viagogo website last week when the link was posted?

I managed to get 3 and so far no problems but one of the other boys booked a further 3 (at about twice the price) and got an email within 24 hours saying his were cancelled.

Mine still show as having being purchased when I login

Did anyone else book match tickets via the viagogo website last week when the link was posted?

I managed to get 3 and so far no problems but one of the other boys booked a further 3 (at about twice the price) and got an email within 24 hours saying his were cancelled.

Mine still show as having being purchased when I login

I booked tickets and they were then cancelled a few hours later.

Glasgow - Vienna on the tuesday night via Frankfurt, back on the Friday via Munich.

6 of us heading over hopefully for a party & to still be in Europe in the new year.

Back