Vienna Away - Info and Updates in this thread

On the train back to Munich now. Great night watching the game in Kaktus and met some great bears. Ended up in another boozer later on and woke up this morning with a pounding headache and a hideous green and white Rapid scarf that I swapped my bar scarf for.

Good trip overall. Rapid fans were generally excellent, friendly, helpful and supported their team really well as they did in the first leg. Police were also great. Good atmosphere all round.

Like others the only low point for me (other than the result) was the shambles when trying to get in. OK so we were getting into the home end at sektor 5 but we had genuine tickets and they knew we were coming in numbers.. So they should have managed it far better. I got caught in a scary crush at the barrier - this about an hour before kick off - and decided to exit stage left just to remove myself from the situation. Went back around to the back of the queue on the other side where it was mainly Rapid fans and got in no problem. Part of the problem here was bears arriving later and trying to get in at the side of the queue, ignoring those who’d queued for ages. Plus those turning up with copies of tickets and getting turned back. Sometimes we do ourselves and our fellow fans no favours in this regard. I spoke to one bear after the game who didn’t get in because he’d printed multiple copies of tickets for his mates and then didn’t get in himself as the barcode had already been used :rolleyes:

Anyway about to fly home now. A disappointing result to end our European campaign, I was confident we had enough in our locker to beat Rapid but it wasn’t to be. Now to focus on the league and have a real good crack at that.

Just got back to Croatia after a bugger of a drive. Snowed all the way and actually got stuck south of Zagreb on the motorway due to snow. Luckily a shovel and my mate fitting the snow chains got us back underway.

Good trip, other than result and of course the shambles of getting into the ground. Luckily no-one was hurt as far as I could see. Saw a few folk turned back at the gate. Shame for those with TC tickets who did not get in. There was enough room to be honest in our sektor for a few more folk, so the SLO should have done more to help not just say go away find a tv and I will follow up with Rapid later. Rangers should be responsible for their flights, hotels and ticket costs.
PS....didnt need to use the cat litter to get out of the snow;)

We arrived at the sector 1-5 entrance as advised by the police around an hour before kick off. Crushing was getting bad whilst we waited for them to let rangers fans in. I think they were letting rapid fans in first.
If they had checked tickets 100m up tome road it would have been fine, lot of people there with no tickets, not sure whether they managed to blag their way in.

Randomly in sector 5 I went for a piss just before half time, took an age to get down to the toilets and when I went to go back up they told me the sector was full and I should go to sector 8...Thankfully just ignored them so I could get back to mates.

There was loads of space up top of sector 5, stewards should have been doing more to move folk there.

I know quite a few people who travelled over with no tickets yet still managed to get into the Rangers end last night

On the runway the now at Vienna, had a brilliant time.

Austrians were very friendly and they were all very organised and prepared for us.

Bears were excellent and I loved the UB march to the stadium. Only negative was the gates not being open when we arrived at the stadium causing a bit of chaos.

Oh and Rob Mclean has just got on our flight :rolleyes:
Rob McLean and Ally Mccoist were on my flights going out Glasgow-Düsseldorf-Vienna...Ally tried to sneak on at the last minute on both flights but was welcomed with a chorus of “Super Ally...Super Ally”

Last night for us in Vienna. First trip abroad following Rangers and it has been absolutely superb (result aside). Not seen a single bit of bother.

The street party outside Bermuda Brau on Wednesday night was incredible.
The sun are penning a story about litter.

Good fun

Also got caught in the crush an hour or so before kick off. Lots of pissed up neds pushing their way to the front with either no tickets or fakes, didn’t see anyone jumping the turnstiles though as Police presence quite big on other side.

Photo below of the crushing

292ny2x.jpg

Great trip, Vienna was excellent the police couldn’t have been better the bars especially the FF Sash Bash, the beer, the atmosphere, everything was superb the only downside apart from the result was the crush getting into the game last night oh and trying to find buses after the match I hope the bear who travelled back to Vienna airport when he should’ve been at Bratislava got back okay. Cheers Vienna it was a blast
Poor guy. I heard the commotion when he realised he was at wrong airport.
Don’t know how he got as far as the gate though.
Easy done. We jumped on our bus number and waited about 40 minutes after game till it filled up. Drink wearing off had us dozing in no time only to be wakened by the woman on the mic saying this is sport options bus 2 to Bratislava !! Cheers mrs whoever you are. That would have been horrific to wake up to.

The old man 84 was over and I had to listen to his very long story about not being able to find the bus after the game

You were pissed

No he says

Anyway home for 2 this morning safe tired but well thankfully

He really is a bit old for these trips

Travelled back from Vienna through Brussels, a bit of a nightmare. Flight from Vienna delayed by 1.5 hours, time got off the plane we had 20 minutes to get the connecting flight. The sight of 40/50 Bears running through Brussels Airport, with shouts of "come on wee man ran faster", is now funny but not at the time. Then Brussels flight to Edinburgh delayed by 20 mins, ended up missing Glasgow bus by 2 minutes !! Still travelling on train from Edinburgh Park to Partick... I want my bed!!

Wonderful trip

The scenes outside Bermuda Brau etc on the Wednesday night were unreal. Spent a fortune on cans from the wee hotdog stall round the cornee there & walking back n forth :D

Hard Rock Cafe loyal for the match itself & was a great atmosphere there also. Bears were in great form even in defeat

Getting home was a nightmare, delayed over an hour in Vienna, having to sprint through Munich airport to make the connecting flight with seconds to spare & then a drive home. Always worth it though

Everywhere, Anywhere

Just in my bed from a flight from Budapest. Up in 4 hours to take daughter to airport. 4 hours sleep and that will be the best I have had in 3 days. A lie-in.

Pretty much gave up checking my phone after I arrived.

Were there many posters on here at the FF Sash Bash?

Last edited:
Flight to Barcelona then to Edinburgh great trip result/performance apart met loads of folk from rapid fans in boozer before KO and on train to the ground 1 who's opening word's were "we f**kin hate celtc" will always get a warm response.......

Ps there's a dog on the plane.....

At Vienna airport waiting for Heathrow flight.
Fantastic 4 nights here and will definitely return.

Everyone we met have been more than friendly and police and security people all did their best to help.

Rapid fans I met in hotel got me a ticket and took me to and from the stadium. Travelled on Metro with Rapid fans and everyone of them were keen to tell me how much they hated the mhanks. They made sure I got in ok and set me up with the card system to buy beer.

So all in all probably my favourite trip of this adventure.

How’s the flights leaving Vienna? Snow was starting to get quite bad when we left, we were one of the first flights this morning and we were still delayed by just over an hour...

Was surprised to hear the hatred for Celtic everyone I spoke to hated them.

It’s nothing new either sure it dates back to 1980s in the Cup winners cup.
Yeah,glasgow celtic hated by Rapid Vienna since 1984,quite right too.

How’s the flights leaving Vienna? Snow was starting to get quite bad when we left, we were one of the first flights this morning and we were still delayed by just over an hour...
Flight to Manchester is delayed by an hour so we’re probably going to miss our connecting flight from Munich.

Was hearing A disturbing story that the driver from L&B coaches left supporters stranded during the game by dumping their bags off the coach and driving back home without them, don’t know the name of the supporters club but hope all the bears managed to find their way back safely

In pub in Budapest first half of City game then start the journey home..

Been a great trip ( except result) :D

Flight to Manchester is delayed by an hour so we’re probably going to miss our connecting flight from Munich.

Same as ours yesterday. Got off the plane in Munich with 10mins before the connecting flight was due to take off. Staff were waiting at the gate to direct us where to go which helped as it was a fucking trek away involving a train :D

Also got caught in the crush an hour or so before kick off. Lots of pissed up neds pushing their way to the front with either no tickets or fakes, didn’t see anyone jumping the turnstiles though as Police presence quite big on other side.

Photo below of the crushing

292ny2x.jpg

Did you see the rapid fan have a hulk style moment, started swinging at bears. Was quite a scary time.

Rob McLean and Ally Mccoist were on my flights going out Glasgow-Düsseldorf-Vienna...Ally tried to sneak on at the last minute on both flights but was welcomed with a chorus of “Super Ally...Super Ally”

McLean was on our Vienna to Frankfurt flight on the way home yesterday.

How was the atmosphere inside the stadium? Looked a tidy wee ground.

That guy must have been at a different game...it was loud in that tight stadium..Rapid fans were out in full force and up for singing for the full ninety minutes with lots sporadic song from Rangers including 'Build my Gallows' at one stage the Rapid fans displayed union jacks and started singing Super Rangers' to which the Rangers fans joined in. There was only about 1 minute of silence after the rapid viertel clap in the 75th minute!

Was hearing A disturbing story that the driver from L&B coaches left supporters stranded during the game by dumping their bags off the coach and driving back home without them, don’t know the name of the supporters club but hope all the bears managed to find their way back safely

I heard about this group and seen the damage done to the coach. I would have left them behind as well.

Same as ours yesterday. Got off the plane in Munich with 10mins before the connecting flight was due to take off. Staff were waiting at the gate to direct us where to go which helped as it was a fucking trek away involving a train :D
Same thing has just happened to us. Plane from Vienna was delayed by two hours and we were making plans to spend the night in Munich. We arrived to find out the flight to Manchester was also delayed and we all had to sprint through Munich airport.

Sitting on the runway now just desperate to get home. Been an amazing trip though, result aside.

Finally got home to Doune after an 8hiur drive from Stansted. Voice gone legs fucked, emotionally physically and financially drained ...but would do it all again tomorrow Well done to FF towers for setting up the meet and the UBS for the March and display. Backing from the bears was truly outstanding. Emotional thinking about it. Vienna great very friendly police stewards and Rapid fans were sound and welcoming. Roll on the next one..

Did you see the rapid fan have a hulk style moment, started swinging at bears. Was quite a scary time.

If you are referring to the big chap with a beard when queuing to get into sektor 5 then yes, I saw him. He was a few feet in front of me in the crush and didn’t like it at all. Seemed to me he was a regular who usually strolled into the stadium and didn’t appreciate being caught in a crush with so many away supporters with tickets for the home end. He was screaming for bears to give him their tickets. The Polizei got to him rapidly (no pun intended) and dragged him away, which was probably a good thing for him as if any of those swings had connected he’d have been flattened by the bears around him. I think he panicked a bit in the crush to be honest, it was quite scary when caught in it and unable to move. I didn’t like it one bit and stepped out to go to the back of the queue and feel safer.

There's about 20 stranded bears at Stansted airport. Our flight was delayed for 2 hours leaving Vienna which meant wevew all missed our connecting flight to Edinburgh.

With no other outbound flights home tonight and most being sold out for tomorrow it looks like we're stuck for the night at least.

Are there any bears in the Stansted airport area who have a mini bus looking for work at short notice? :confused:

Back