Vienna Away - Info and Updates in this thread

There's about 20 stranded bears at Stansted airport. Our flight was delayed for 2 hours leaving Vienna which meant wevew all missed our connecting flight to Edinburgh.

With no other outbound flights home tonight and most being sold out for tomorrow it looks like we're stuck for the night at least.

Are there any bears in the Stansted airport area who have a mini bus looking for work at short notice? :confused:
6 hour drive bud if you are sober

There's about 20 stranded bears at Stansted airport. Our flight was delayed for 2 hours leaving Vienna which meant wevew all missed our connecting flight to Edinburgh.

With no other outbound flights home tonight and most being sold out for tomorrow it looks like we're stuck for the night at least.

Are there any bears in the Stansted airport area who have a mini bus looking for work at short notice? :confused:

I was on the same flight with my Mrs. Hotel at the airport and probably the train back up tomorrow

Last edited:
I was on the same flight with my Mrs. Hotel at the airport and probably the train back up tomorrow

You want to be buying a two travel together rail card - £30 outlay but will save you 30% off each ticket.
You save money and then have the card for 30% of any future train travel.

I got stranded at Heathrow coming back from Moscow so understand your pain. I took a while to decide what to do but ended up getting a taxi to Victoria bus station that cost £60 then megabus up the road for £25. Flight back home in the morning was £300 so saved myself a bit though was a lot of travelling. Hope your journey was easier!

could try the sleeper

when we missed our flights after Stuttgart many years ago we ended up in London then train up the road

He cant get that today

You can buy a Two Together Railcard at any staffed station ticket office or National Rail-licensed Travel Agent.
You can do this on the day you are travelling.
If you're applying at a station for the first time, here's what you'll need to do:
Complete an application form.
Provide two separate passport-sized photos, one of yourself and one of the other named cardholder

You can buy a Two Together Railcard at any staffed station ticket office or National Rail-licensed Travel Agent.
You can do this on the day you are travelling.
If you're applying at a station for the first time, here's what you'll need to do:
Complete an application form.
Provide two separate passport-sized photos, one of yourself and one of the other named cardholder
Never knew that sent away for mine

I was one of them stranded hired a 7 seater and took 5 lads up the road. Didn’t get into Dundee till 8am. It was the 5 lads first away trip but not put them off

Was hearing A disturbing story that the driver from L&B coaches left supporters stranded during the game by dumping their bags off the coach and driving back home without them, don’t know the name of the supporters club but hope all the bears managed to find their way back safely
Spoke to some of them lads at the airport on friday around 7.00am, seemingly the driver dropped there bags off at there hotel and headed home due to the state of the bus. The three lads I spoke to at the airport had got there parents to buy there flights back home, sure they were flying home via Munich.
Bus must have been in bad nick for the driver to do what he done.

I’ve been tanning cold & flu tablets like %^*& since Friday morning.

I had to go to the hospital last night as the chest infection I already had got worse in Vienna I was on the nebulizer given steroids inhaler and antibiotics. Totally floored cannot breathe.

Still absolutely humped with this no sign of it easing up either.

I’m away back tae bed.

I still feel like shite. Back to work tomorrow and not looking forward to it one bit. 4 days solid on the bevvy takes it’s toll, I really should have knocked it on the head when we got back on Saturday night, but greedy arse here had to completely rip the arse out of it with an 8 hour session on the Sunday.

I've made my work
Shitebags get back to your work ffs:D
I've made my work both days despite rocking the Wiener-flu. As the end of the work day approaches, I think I might just be starting to recover. Hopefully fine for tomorrow night.

I’ve been in work the last two days but feeling absolutely horrific. Completely loaded with the cold, throbbing sore head and just feeling very lethargic in general.

Got a night out on Friday so hoping to have recovered/survive until then.

Back