Yea, there used to a blonde girl who sold them on the road up to the corner there. I think I was in love with herI loved that walk up. We would go into the Stadium and usually get a served some pints, or get a few cans for the car park.
At about 2:30 it was time to head up Copland Rd then veer to the right at the Rangers Shop, past the folk selling the fanzines & Robert McIllroy with the Historian (bought every new edition of them all) up past the muddy hill, our mate who sat in the Govan went his way and we went ours to the Enclosure.
Very happy memories of that time.
In fact, this got me thinking about some of the fanzine sellers…
- Used to see GS out side the Stadium and the bookies next to it I’m sure;
- There were always a few fine looking girls at Mafeking St;
- early 90s there was a guy with the hair like Shaun Ryder out of Happy Mondays, he stood close to us in the East Enclosure during the game
- Aye Ready guy with the , “halftime, teatime, anytime” line that he shouted.
- Robert McIllroy booming out, “Rangers Historian” in an unmistakable style.