View of Ibrox from the Louden (80's)

gn20.png

This photo appeared on here a few months ago. I am fairly certain I can see a mate of mine in the picture and I was keen to date it exactly. I think it is very early 90's

Loved that wee Rangers shop!
It seemed to have everything u needed (compared to todays big Rangers shop which has so little!) & even had room for a programme stall, if I remember right!

Loved that wee Rangers shop!
It seemed to have everything u needed (compared to todays big Rangers shop which has so little!) & even had room for a programme stall, if I remember right!
Yep I was just about to post that there was a programme stall in it run by Glasgow Programme Shop

Used to go in whilst my uncle was in the bookies. Used to get some loyalist tapes from the stall right across from it aswell. Robert McIlroy selling the historian a few yards further up who my uncle would stop and speak to.

Great photo in the op bringing back memories of my youth.
I loved that walk up. We would go into the Stadium and usually get a served some pints, or get a few cans for the car park.
At about 2:30 it was time to head up Copland Rd then veer to the right at the Rangers Shop, past the folk selling the fanzines & Robert McIllroy with the Historian (bought every new edition of them all) up past the muddy hill, our mate who sat in the Govan went his way and we went ours to the Enclosure.

Very happy memories of that time.

In fact, this got me thinking about some of the fanzine sellers…
- Used to see GS out side the Stadium and the bookies next to it I’m sure;
- There were always a few fine looking girls at Mafeking St;
- early 90s there was a guy with the hair like Shaun Ryder out of Happy Mondays, he stood close to us in the East Enclosure during the game
- Aye Ready guy with the , “halftime, teatime, anytime” line that he shouted.
- Robert McIllroy booming out, “Rangers Historian” in an unmistakable style.

Last edited:
Picture has been posted on here before

circa 1990 as poste the Argyle House has been added which was done during the 1989/90 season and the Club Deck hadn't been started been built then

I've never seen this pic before, I love how you can see right through to the Bromloan/ Edminston Dr.

(Credit to The Glasgow Rangers Story Facbook group)

That's a classic.

Good memories of being packed in like a sardine in that wee shop!

Remember being in that wee shop early 80’s
Even had old programmes in it. Ladies nix with a wee message on the front, bought for ra burd of ra time !

Said on here before i remember the price list for goods in the old shop was like the paper folded chinnese takeaway menus anyone remember that.:D
Yeah,used to pick one up and look to see what you could afford to buy :))

Back